NYU vs SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshea716

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I haven't been on here in forever but I need some advice so here we go

I am a Buffalo, NY native and got into SUNY Buffalo several months ago. I have arranged housing, etc. with the belief that I would be going to UB and that I would not get off the waitlist at some other schools.

BUT...yesterday I got off the waitlist at NYU, which was my favorite school that I interviewed at. I basically have 5 days to make a decision.

My question is should I choose NYU or UB? UB would be significantly less expensive but I feel that the patient and hospital diversity is relatively low. Plus I have living arrangements (I signed a lease).

NYU would much more expensive but have access to a more diverse patient population and hospital system

The main reason I am asking this is because I hope to do my residency in NYC and eventually live there. If I choose UB over NYU will I have a lower chance of obtaining these opportunities?

Thanks for your help guys

Members don't see this ad.

they say that step 1 and clinical scores are the most important for residency applications. buffalo is a lot cheaper but nyu has name value, an 18 month curriculum and is in nyc among other advantages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for NYU

Status
Not open for further replies.