OAT Destroyer vs. Chad's Videos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steviey2493

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I already took my OAT once and got a 300 AA. I have interview invites from PCO and MCPHS. I got waitlisted at SUNY and SCO due to the OAT exam and they want me to re-take it before their deadline. Still waiting to hear from Nova, NECO, WesternU, and Ferris State.

What would be the best study materials do you think, the OAT Destroyer or Chad's Videos? I've heard great things about both.

I used the Kaplan book for my first try, and it was mediocre at best.

Chad's Videos pros/cons-Good price for a subscription, I hear he is great at explaining things, but you don't have written material in front of you to go over and over

OAT Destroyer-More expensive, a lot of reading and note-taking which is tedious, but it is all there for me to access over and over.

What would you do based on personal experiences and what you've heard? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 380AA/400TS.

My primary source for Chem, OChem, Math, and Physics was Chad's videos. I found his explanations extremely helpful and he taught the right material that was on the test.
For bio, I used CliffNotes AP Bio, Kaplan MCAT Bio, and the Kaplan OAT from the stores.

I placed this in another post, but I highly encourage an active studying technique. What I did was buy a small dry erase board from staples and wrote literally everything down on it. I would write it down over and over and over again. So much so that I would go through multiple markers per day. Again questions you can pm me.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey!

The oat destroyer is an amazing tool. The biggest thing however is you really need time to sit and go through it. I would say if you have enough time do both! I loved Chad's videos as well. That's what I did and it was really helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 380AA/400TS.

My primary source for Chem, OChem, Math, and Physics was Chad's videos. I found his explanations extremely helpful and he taught the right material that was on the test.
For bio, I used CliffNotes AP Bio, Kaplan MCAT Bio, and the Kaplan OAT from the stores.

I placed this in another post, but I highly encourage an active studying technique. What I did was buy a small dry erase board from staples and wrote literally everything down on it. I would write it down over and over and over again. So much so that I would go through multiple markers per day. Again questions you can pm me.

I forgot to add- I got OAT destroyer, but didn't find it particularly helpful. The questions were nowhere close to the questions on tha actual OAT. I only did about 1/4-1/3 of the OAT destroyer problems.

What I did was buy a small dry erase board from staples and wrote literally everything down on it. I would write it down over and over and over again. So much so that I would go through multiple markers per day. Again questions you can pm me.

I did the same thing with a dry erase board, except I took the Kaplan online course with live lectures first. After I completed the four-week course I went back through the online materials and flash cards using the dry erase board.

The Kaplan course was quite expensive, but it was well worth it in my opinion. I felt like it really prepared me for the sorts of questions the actual test asked and the person teaching the course gave out SO MANY helpful tips when it came to what material was worth focusing on.

I got 390AA/400TS

I mainly used Chad's videos and DATqVault and got 350 AA / 340 TS.

I went over Chad's Videos and did the quizzes 2-3 times. Read Barron's AP Bio once and skimmed it a second time. Bought the Destroyer set but ONLY ended up using the Math Destroyer tests 1-8. I honestly could not bring myself to go through all those tedious problems in Destroyer, which were nowhere near to what the OAT is actually like. I much preferred using DATqVault to reinforce Bio, Chem, and OChem. The quizzes are broken up to 30/40 min. sets so it was very manageable. I winged the RC section.