OAT scores

Nanoosa7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what percentage a 325 AA and a 329 TS is equal to??

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Nanoosa7 said:

Percentile is different each year. Now since they created the COputerized OAT, I dont know how they did it. 325AA might be approximately eaqual to 70%. 329 is also approximately 70%. 325 cannot be the actual score, cos they dont give out score like that. It should be 330. So is 329

Nanoosa7 said:

I am not sure about what percentile that is, but those scores are really respectible. If I ended up getting that high, I would be very proud. Where are you trying to get into?

PreOptMegs said:
I am not sure about what percentile that is, but those scores are really respectible. If I ended up getting that high, I would be very proud. Where are you trying to get into?

I haven't applied yet. I have just started looking into optometry and these were the average scores of the schools I looked at. I'm just trying to get a feel for how well I need to do on the OAT to have a chance at getting in.

So I take it these scores are definitely above average???

Members don't see this ad :)
Nanoosa7 said:
I haven't applied yet. I have just started looking into optometry and these were the average scores of the schools I looked at. I'm just trying to get a feel for how well I need to do on the OAT to have a chance at getting in.

So I take it these scores are definitely above average???[/QUOT

Definately... the average is a 300!! I do not think you will have a problem getting in anywhere. At least I should hope not.

Nanoosa7 said:

So I take it these scores are definitely above average???
I think u must get at least 320 which is considered Okay. Below that isnt a good score.

ppa93 said:
I think u must get at least 320 which is considered Okay. Below that isnt a good score.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. This forum is notorious for its high OAT scores, but anyway.... I know many people that have gotten into Optometry schools with a 300. I have been told that if I get a 300, I will get in.

PreOptMegs said:
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. This forum is notorious for its high OAT scores, but anyway.... I know many people that have gotten into Optometry schools with a 300. I have been told that if I get a 300, I will get in.
Good for ya, You have to look at ur gpa as well. I am just saying that in gerneral. Of course there are exceptions.

ppa93 said:
Percentile is different each year. Now since they created the COputerized OAT, I dont know how they did it. 325AA might be approximately eaqual to 70%. 329 is also approximately 70%. 325 cannot be the actual score, cos they dont give out score like that. It should be 330. So is 329

You mean all scores will be rounded to the closest multiples of tens. For examples:

324 -> 320 instead of 330?
326 -> 330

rescuer said:
You mean all scores will be rounded to the closest multiples of tens. For examples:

324 -> 320 instead of 330?
326 -> 330

324 => 330

basically, anything greater than 320 will be bumped up to 330. (They always round up)

CDN_twin said:
324 => 330

basically, anything greater than 320 will be bumped up to 330. (They always round up)

Thank you.

They round up to the nearest 10 if the last digit of your score ended in at least a 5

325 -> 330
326 -> 330

They round down if the last digit of your score ended in a number less than 5

324 -> 320
322 -> 320

( :laugh: gosh that sounded like a QR problem)