Occ Med and Toxicology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Occ Doc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I am interested in Medical Toxicology. My back ground is in Occupational Medicine. As I have searched this forum and browsed ACMT website, it seems that most of the physicians that are practicing toxicology are primarily EM trained and have added toxicology to their practice, but I could not find much information for Occupational Medicine trained Toxicologists. Can some one please provide information / insight on the type of practice set up/jobs for medical toxicologists with Occ Med background? Are they also primarily staffing ERs in both private and academics set ups or there are some other options available as well?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Any input from fellowship training faculty and/or program directors?

Thank You

Any input from fellowship training faculty and/or program directors?

Thank You

I'm not trained through OccMed, and don't think anyone on this board is either, so can't offer any specifics on your question.

The few I know practice as either part of an OM clinic/group or in industry.

You might try contacting Steve Munday through ACMT - he's Occ trained & on the Board of Directors. He will likely be best suited to answer your questions.

Cheers!
-d