Odds of getting into a good PBPM program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aealin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking into several Post Bacc programs (Goucher, U Penn, UVA, GW, Georgetown, Wash U, etc.).

My stats are the following:

3.55 overall GPA, 4.0 sGPA (but have only taken two sciences classes), undergrad degree is in Spanish (also studied Arabic), lots of international travel (have lived abroad multiple times). I'm about to lock down a volunteer opportunity and plan to put in at least 150 hours before I start applying places. Does anyone know if I stand a chance being accepted to any of these great programs with my stats as they are (assuming I also have the volunteer hours by then)?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a very good chance of getting into a post-bacc IMO. I would look at Temple BCMS or the BCHS through their College of Science and Technology. They have a conditional acceptance to their medical school if you earn a high GPA (either a 3.6 or 3.8). But you wouldn’t have to reapply and you’d start school right after the program (1 year long) and if you scored a 508+ MCAT with no section lower than a 126. It’s a pretty sweet offer and the only conditional acceptance available.

The other programs offer a guaranteed interview if you perform well in the program but still odds are low for matriculation. Look for the best odds of matriculating after the program.

You have a very good chance of getting into a post-bacc IMO. I would look at Temple BCMS or the BCHS through their College of Science and Technology. They have a conditional acceptance to their medical school if you earn a high GPA (either a 3.6 or 3.8). But you wouldn’t have to reapply and you’d start school right after the program (1 year long) and if you scored a 508+ MCAT with no section lower than a 126. It’s a pretty sweet offer and the only conditional acceptance available.

The other programs offer a guaranteed interview if you perform well in the program but still odds are low for matriculation. Look for the best odds of matriculating after the program.

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!