$ of high index lens

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazgirl24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i am just wondering what the price is for a price of high index (i think its 1.67) lens. I have noticed that there's a big price difference between different offices.

Members don't see this ad.

lazgirl24 said:
hi everyone,
i am just wondering what the price is for a price of high index (i think its 1.67) lens. I have noticed that there's a big price difference between different offices.
This is kind of a crappy answer :rolleyes: but it depends on the lens brand, what coatings are on the lenses, what the index is, etc. There are different types of high index lenses, ranging from 1.6 to 1.9, depending on the material, and each one will cost a different amount.

Tokey said:
This is kind of a crappy answer :rolleyes: but it depends on the lens brand, what coatings are on the lenses, what the index is, etc. There are different types of high index lenses, ranging from 1.6 to 1.9, depending on the material, and each one will cost a different amount.

I think that was a pretty good answer, Tokey. What exactly are you tokeying? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Up here (Canada) it depends on the lens, coating, who your OD is getting them from, and even what province you happen to be in.

In BC, 1.74's, fully coated, single vision, were $550 at the office I worked at (they can vary prices there), Ontario they tend to be a bit cheaper, but I don't think OD's can alter the price that much (Although Opticians can, I think). But the OD's in ON can charge a Dispensing fee, which can get quite expensive.

Hope this helps!

CH

lazgirl24 said:
hi everyone,

Hello,
I work for a OD in CT, a SV lens in 1.67 without AR is about $190. With AR, it is around $270-280.

We tend to use 1.60 in our office, 1.67 only for very high powers. A SV 1.60 is about $160.

Hope this helps!

lazgirl24 said:
hi everyone,

usually 50.00 higher than regular