Off campus or on campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12hey12

Are most of you guys planning on living on campus or commuting? Which would you rather do?

Members don't see this ad.

12hey12 said:
Are most of you guys planning on living on campus or commuting? Which would you rather do?

I think there's a third option -- I'm not sure if you consider walking distance the same as "commuting", but that is also a possibility at a lot of med schools. Based on my prior grad school experience, while there are definite advantages to living on campus (i.e. in dorms), including easy access to other med students for study groups, gossiping, venting, I think most med students tend to choose to live off campus. When I was in law school, there were really very few med students in the dorms. Probably is different at different schools/cities though, depending on the availability of reasonably close cheap housing.

Law2Doc said:
I think there's a third option -- I'm not sure if you consider walking distance the same as "commuting", but that is also a possibility at a lot of med schools.

Boom Shakalaka! That's what I hope to do when I'm in medical school. Not always possible, of course, but it's a nice thing to NEVER have to worry about on-campus parking.

Members don't see this ad :)
12hey12 said:

commuting is better----you get sick of that school sometimes, and you dont always have to study there