off topic question but can be interesting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalhopeful

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any bad habits that might be a problem for them in D-school (i.e. nail biting...). I bite my nails and its kinda bad...I know some of you might gang up on me but hey life is life and every dog has his day.

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalhopeful said:
Does anyone have any bad habits that might be a problem for them in D-school (i.e. nail biting...). I bite my nails and its kinda bad...I know some of you might gang up on me but hey life is life and every dog has his day.

procrastination.

i'm going to have to change that bad habit pretty quick if i'm going to want to survive in d-school.

i'm not sure if being a slacker is considered as bad habit, but it will be definitely a problem in d-school if I don't do anything about it ;)

as far as your nail biting habit, you should definitely loose it, unless you come up with a way of biting your nails through nitrile/latex gloves. :)

have you tried loosing your habit?

Members don't see this ad :)
i bite my nails like crazy too...i'm fine in summer, etc...but as soon as i get stressed, poof there go the nails.

i think the only time i've never bitten them was when i interned with a dentist...like the person before me said...it is kinda hard to bite though latex gloves. :laugh: just kidding :rolleyes:

i guess i picked up the nail biting, and skin habit back in high school. but it wasn't from stress it seemed like something fun to keep busy but over the years it has become more of a stress reliever when studying. now i can't get out of it. there comes times when i stop for couple of weeks and my nails look great, but then i am like taht is such a waste of biting so i take them down to zero in 30seconds lol.

anyways

my other bad habit is studying to the last minute. should try rest prior to exams never have done that.

Guys, there are lots of germs under those nails :scared: ... stop biting them!!! You must be doing it without realizing you are actually doing it, but why can’t you just watch yourself and once you catch yourself doing the grinding… then stop?!

Yea I cant understand nail biting as a habit. I tried it when I was a kid and didnt like it much, so I quit. It also wears on your teeth :eek: . My bad habit is procrastination as well. I'll think "well I got a whole week until finals, no point in studying now I'll go do something fun." Then before I know it, the weekend is here and I have ALL this studying to do. Then I make a mad rush for the library and study my brains out till the final, and end up doing mediocre or not well on the final. Kinda like I'm doing right now, playing on SDN when I should be studying for my finals Monday and Tuesday... :idea:

I used bite on my cheeks until my dentist told me if I don't stop the sooner or later my epithelium will stop healing and I can develop some form of a cancer. I still don't understand what one has to do with another, but I quit :D

Dentalhopeful said:

solution:

gloves with powder.

DDS2BE said:
I used bite on my chicks until my dentist told me if I don't stop the sooner or later my epithelium will stop healing and I can develop some form of a cancer. I still don't understand what one has to do with another, but I quit :D

i have heard that too, and now every time i accidentally bite my cheek i am like CANCER IM GETTING CANCER :eek: good thing I don't do it much.

cancer??

oh don't tell me my nails have germs.. they are germ free!
just kidding

Maybe you should use alcohol to disinfect and then grind them :p I think you still can get rid of this habit with a help of hypnosis.

If alcoholism can be cured with hypnosis, then it shouldn’t be a problem to stop you from chewing on your nails.

c'mon there has to be other bad habits that you guys have other than nail biting....(i.e. not brushing regularly...not flossing regularly...chewing on pen caps...chewing too much gum....love candy...)