Offensive Mnemonics - Easier to Remember

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but the most offensive or sexually explicit mnemonics tend to be the easiest for me to remember. That being said, does anyone have some good ones for hard-to-remember things? I'll gladly share the ones I've heard (even if they're relatively common).

Bones of the hand: Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle - Scaphoid, Lunate, Triquetrate, Pisiform, Trapezium, trapezoid, Capitate, Hamate

Homos take too much meth - Homocystinuria => Potential methionine excess

Cranial Nerve Function (Motor, sensory, or both) - Some Say Marry Money, But My Brother Says Big Boobs Matter More.

Any other good ones? Anything for viruses, drug mechanisms, or anything else tricky would help. Spare no minority group; I'm Jewish and gay, so gas, actinomyces israeli, and homo jokes are perfectly acceptable topics as well as anything you can think of. Just help me learn!

Members don't see this ad.

This probably isn't one worth learning since everyone says anatomy is low yield or whatever, but external carotid branches: Some Anatomists Love F***ing, Other Prefer S & M.

This probably isn't one worth learning since everyone says anatomy is low yield or whatever, but external carotid branches: Some Anatomists Love F***ing, Other Prefer S & M.

That . . . Is a good one. I'll take it. Still useful because you need to know what happens when you occlude one carotid or the other.

I F**ked Britney --> Iron, Folate, B12 ---> Duodenum, Jejunum, Ileum (sites of absorption)
Homos are dope --> HVA is breakdown product of dopamine

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Cindy Is Kinky So She ****s Me Often

Citrate
Isocitrate
alpha-Ketoglutarate
Succinyl-CoA
Succinate
Fumarate
Malate
Oxaloacetate

Citric acid cycle, if you didn't catch on yet.

that's how i learned the TCA cycle in undergrad and I have never forgotten it since

Cindy Is Kinky So She ****s Me Often

Citrate
Isocitrate
alpha-Ketoglutarate
Succinyl-CoA
Succinate
Fumarate
Malate
Oxaloacetate

Citric acid cycle, if you didn't catch on yet.
We did that one in high school, only it was Fornicates More Often.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Surprised nobody has mentioned the cranial nerves yet, maybe because its such a common one? haha

Oh Oh Oh, To Touch And Feel Virgin Girls' Vagina And Hymen

Olfactory
Optic
Oculomotor
Trochlear
Trigeminal
Abducens
Facial
Vestibulocochlear
Glosopharyngeal
Vagus
Accessory
Hypoglossal

Most of any flashcards I make have some raunchy ones but this one help me solve the biggest problem of remembering the names of the glycogen storage diseases (in order by type too).

Victoria Pleases C*ck And Massages Her Tw*t

Type I= Von Gierke's
Type II=Pompe's
Type III=Cori's
Type IV=Anderson
Type V= McArdle
Type VI=Hers'
Type VII=Tarui's

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, I just remembered another one:

Primary Biliary Cirrhosis occurs in females - B for Boobs

Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis occurs in males - Sc is for scrotum

No actual association with the diseases; just helps me remember what genders they're in.

Please : Papillary Ca
F**k : Follicular Ca
Me : Medullary Ca
UsmLe : Undifferentiated & Lymphoma

That's how I remember the best to worst prognosis for Thyroid Cancers :)

Reactions: 1 user