Offering help from my experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daisyBDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hellooo everyone!!! After a journey with many ups and downs, I got into UOP's international program last year in my first attempt. In the process I learned the Do's and Don'ts of applying. Applying for dental school in America is a difficult and costly process. I want to guide you on how to save time and money from my mistakes and correct decisions...

I'm open to questions, so ask me what ever your doubts are!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you please guide me how to prepare for bench test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, do you think is there any chance without NBDE 2 score?

my stats
part 1,2
toefl 102
gpa 3.63
over 11 years of clinical experience at own private clinic
got a rejection uc denver

how should i go about it

Ok..i think you should have applied first. They accept very early applications for interview..

my stats
part 1,2
toefl 102
gpa 3.63
over 11 years of clinical experience at own private clinic
got a rejection uc denver

how should i go about it
Hello, my stats were very similar to yours, maybe a bit less and you definitely have more experience than me. I'm a fresh graduate. I think what ,ay be the difference is that I received professional help for all of my documents that I sent to CAAPID and the universities.

Hi all,
This is a general reply for all the questions. There is a lot of paper work required even after acceptance.
I went to college in India and applied this year for the first time. I was following SDN religiously and found a lot of good posts. The posts that best helped gave me this advice and I got in:

- Don't waste your time!
- Hopefully you have a good GPA, but if not, do a lot more!!! for your application
- Be certain of your goals
- Apply for volunteering and research in local programs and hospitals. Better if you can visit a dental school.
- We are not writers, we are doctors, and so do not hesitate in getting professional help for your SOP, LOR and supplement applications. I recommend [email protected] because of personal experience. It's cheap, good and got me in!!
- If you are interested in a certain school than remain in contact with the school and try to see if you can observe there.
- For bench test- TAKE CLASSES!!! the expectation is very high!!
- Be sure of what you will say in your interviews!!!

Could you please share your email .I have a few questions .thanks you

What is bench test? Did you take DAT?

Hi, been busy for a long time. but I'm back to help..... Open to questions!!! shoot at me!!

hello daisyBDS congratulations and thank you for sharing this information. I have a GPA bove 3 and toefl score above 100. i have been volunteering at several organizations and working as a dental assistant. I got rejected UB what else can I do to improve and get more interviews? this is my first cycle .

I know its really hard to get into U.S Dental School, but would you mind sharing your thoughts on what are DO'S and Dont's of applying to dental schools and in order to be a stronger candidate what are the prerequisites to apply for all US dental schools and between Preceptorship and Dental Assistance, which is more valuable and what is the competitive score for toefl to get into a dental school. I would appreciate if you could answer my questions.

how much experience is a must? I am also a fresh graduate and I have only 1year housjob experience, is that considered? plus 5 months shadowing in a local clinic in my home country, is it okay if I have around 8-9 months empty on my resume? and how can I cover up for that ? I am also planing on starting shadowing in texas soon. A good suggestion would be highly appreciated =)

Could you tell us about your interview experience at UOP? Did they ask ethical questions? What type of interview was yours?
Thank you very much!