Offically out of money, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRogoff

Resident Palatal Phallacy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i guess the title says it all. I am out of money. I made my stafford money last as long as it could, but its all gone. I've decided to go with a private lender, so i have been shopping around. I found some good ones, but was wondering if any of you have better ones? Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

i recently needed some cash and decided to go with citibank...i like their online set up..all in all took me about 10 business days from start the application to depositing the refund check from school.

hemp033 said:
i recently needed some cash and decided to go with citibank...i like their online set up..all in all took me about 10 business days from start the application to depositing the refund check from school.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of intrest rate did they give you and how is your credit? You don't have to tell me your credit score, a simple good, average, bad etc. will be fine. Thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
JRogoff said:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of intrest rate did they give you and how is your credit? You don't have to tell me your credit score, a simple good, average, bad etc. will be fine. Thanks...

maybe check out bank one, too. Its called education one loans. they have nothing to do with school, so its totally private and you can borrow as much as you need without having to worry about cost of attendance shi*t through your financial aid office....the only thing is the interest...i think it sux! hope this helps

JRogoff said:

no i don't mind at all...i have an excellent credit rating...ummm your interest rates are depending upon the current prime rate and your credit score (IE: good credit = prime rate + .25%...average = prime rate + .5% etc...) and you can borrow up to 30k i believe...maybe even more, however i think you have to go through your financial aid office to get any money higher than your "expected cost of attendance" that the school budgets you. i wish i had the brochure my fin aid office gave me...when i get some time between finals i'll pick one up and email you the exact benefits. b/c they have payback incentives and what not.

hemp033 said:
no i don't mind at all...i have an excellent credit rating...ummm your interest rates are depending upon the current prime rate and your credit score (IE: good credit = prime rate + .25%...average = prime rate + .5% etc...) and you can borrow up to 30k i believe...maybe even more, however i think you have to go through your financial aid office to get any money higher than your "expected cost of attendance" that the school budgets you. i wish i had the brochure my fin aid office gave me...when i get some time between finals i'll pick one up and email you the exact benefits. b/c they have payback incentives and what not.

I'd say check out Key Bank. They have the ADEAL loan (Alternative Dental Education Loan). They base their i rate on the LIBOR and not the US prime. Do some research on the topic. Also, they have various nice discounts upon repayment.

JRogoff said:
Ok, so i guess the title says it all. I am out of money. I made my stafford money last as long as it could, but its all gone. I've decided to go with a private lender, so i have been shopping around. I found some good ones, but was wondering if any of you have better ones? Thanks in advance...

1) You'll probably want to look at your budget and figure out where you went wrong.

2) There's lots of great answers give already, but also check out the Financial Aid forum. TONS of information in there (it'll make your head spin).

zdaddy08 said:
maybe check out bank one, too. Its called education one loans. they have nothing to do with school, so its totally private and you can borrow as much as you need without having to worry about cost of attendance shi*t through your financial aid office....the only thing is the interest...i think it sux! hope this helps

And you most likely will need a cosigner, however not having to deal with cost of attendance is wonderful.