Official 2008-2009 URM Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
adding Tufts for me. better late than never...

Members don't see this ad.

adding nyu. I applied madd late lol. I am happy about this one. Qt i see u got some more acceptances. Thats awesome.

And that sucks whatupdoc that howard is doing u dirty. Whatever its all good.

Congrats to everyone out there for getting so many interviews. God knows I almost peed my pants when I got my first one. But just a word of advice for all those who got interviews at so many places, try to be as selective as possible, because flying to all those places can be quite expensive. Especially, if you support yourself and on a budget. But here are my stats

Interviewed @ St. Louis, Rochester, Howard, Wake Forest, and USC
Invited to interview @ Case Western, UCSD, Drexel
Turned down interviews @ NYMC, Utah, Uni of Toledo, Creighton, Penn State, and VCU (couldn't afford to buy plane tickets)

Members don't see this ad :)
MEHARRY......I don't think Im gonna go tho. I can't afford a plane ticket to Tennessee.

I have one interview for UMDNJ coming up at the end of January. I am still waiting on the other schools i applied to.

I have one interview for UMDNJ coming up at the end of January. I am still waiting on the other schools i applied to.

Congrats on your interview! Knock it out and God bless!

Hey DrLyss this is a bit random (cuz after all, I AM random, lol) but I see you got accepted into Cornell (HUGE CONGRATS!) and I'm assuming you are a minority. I heard they do not give out merit scholarships but do they offer scholarships to minority students? I know about the whole need-based bull (which I unfortunately don't qualify for cuz of my parents income) but my gut tells me they would be willing to throw money at great minority applicants.

I'm interviewing with them on Jan 15 and I'm psyched! You may have seen my post about it on the Cornell thread after someone advised me to just send an 'in the area' email for a possible interview invite. Well I reeally hope they are generous with scholarship money and I'm wondering if you could tell me if they mentioned anything to you as a minority matriculate.

THANKS!!

Hey DrLyss this is a bit random (cuz after all, I AM random, lol) but I see you got accepted into Cornell (HUGE CONGRATS!) and I'm assuming you are a minority. I heard they do not give out merit scholarships but do they offer scholarships to minority students? I know about the whole need-based bull (which I unfortunately don't qualify for cuz of my parents income) but my gut tells me they would be willing to throw money at great minority applicants.

I'm interviewing with them on Jan 15 and I'm psyched! You may have seen my post about it on the Cornell thread after someone advised me to just send an 'in the area' email for a possible interview invite. Well I reeally hope they are generous with scholarship money and I'm wondering if you could tell me if they mentioned anything to you as a minority matriculate.

THANKS!!
I sent you a PM

THANKS!!

According to one of their adcoms, its need-based for everyone.

Emory Feb 6th....back to the Atl

oh yea, obligatory celebratory gif

dammedancing01.gif

Emory Feb 6th....back to the Atl

oh yea, obligatory celebratory gif

dammedancing01.gif

LMFAO! hahahahaha where do u find these things...almost as funny as the clip on youtube of van Damme with a boner after dancing with this girl on a talk show!

good lookin out my mans...same 2 u 2...im glad u had fun at columbia...i really liked it there...a lil too much lecture time for my taste, but P&S club is sah-weeeet!

im actually really :( that howard seems 2 be snubbing me. my family jus has no luck with this institution...they did the same thing with my brother for undergrad...demanding that he fax a photo copy of ssn before they would review his application..how REDICULOUS is that...my pops had to drive down there and show them his birth certificate...but i would really like an invite here, i have A LOT of friends who go here and to go to the interview day would be nice :oops:

Columbia is definitely a great place to be. The school is great, and I hear Dr. Hutcherson is a great counselor (and don't forget that Mark Pope goes there). This school is the most minority friendly school I have been too.

Hello everyone one I would have taking part of your journeys but I did know about this thread until now. I'm glad everyone has done so well this cycle and I hope there is more to come.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, next month.

Long time lurker... First time poster.

Interviewed at:
UNC
Morehouse

Interviews in February at:
Johns Hopkins
UVA
Duke
Tufts

If anyone has any advice for these last four, I'd definitely appreciate it. Glad to see that this forum is so much more positive than the pre-allo forum. Good luck to everyone.

Columbia is definitely a great place to be. The school is great, and I hear Dr. Hutcherson is a great counselor (and don't forget that Mark Pope goes there). This school is the most minority friendly school I have been too.

Hello everyone one I would have taking part of your journeys but I did know about this thread until now. I'm glad everyone has done so well this cycle and I hope there is more to come.
Just wanted to drop in to say that I heart Dr. Hutcherson. That is all. :D

I am done. I repeat, I AM DONE!!! I feel like my brain is emptied out of my head. I have withdrawn from a couple of schools and I am waiting on a couple but I am so tired and I am done. :sleep:

Congrats to all with acceptances/interviews. This is encouraging!

I am done. I repeat, I AM DONE!!! I feel like my brain is emptied out of my head. I have withdrawn from a couple of schools and I am waiting on a couple but I am so tired and I am done. :sleep:
Me too!!! I wonder how everyone who applied to twice as many schools as us managed this cycle.

Geez. Thought I was rejected. Withdrawing.

Yep, I'm at every breakfast so you probably did meet me.

I went to a BALSO breakfast! That means I met you too! I wish I knew who everyone was! Btw, I also loved Dr. Hutcherson and Columbia P&S!!!

I have an interview at Meharry for dental school on March 27!!! So excited!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:soexcited::clap: