Official 2019-2020 Psychiatry Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is true... but there are also PDs who lie; some less clearly by using the vague term "ranked to match" on everyone who might match and some blatently who say people are garunteed to match who don't. There is no way for any applicant to know what a particular program does, so no point in paying it any mind. And if they promise you anything special if you match, you better get that in writing.

That’s a damn shame programs can get away with that. :( Especially since it discredits the programs that are actually being honest.

Members don't see this ad.

Not that I disagree but I will say don’t underestimate rank to match letters. There are programs that send letters which truly mean you are guaranteed a spot if you rank them #1.
You are also guaranteed a spot if you don't rank them #1 so long as they are on your list so rank programs in the order you want them and don't let these letters change anything. They are nice reassurance, but don't screw up your list.

Reactions: 4 users
Got an invite to a program I did an away at last month. Didn’t expect any interviews at this point and thought they’d written me off but I’ll take it.
9 total now. Close enough to the magic 10 lol.

I had my first experience with a socially inept co-interviewee. Seriously people just make small talk. You can do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an invite to a program I did an away at last month. Didn’t expect any interviews at this point and thought they’d written me off but I’ll take it.
9 total now. Close enough to the magic 10 lol.

I had my first experience with a socially inept co-interviewee. Seriously people just make small talk. You can do it.
The scary thing about ineptitude is if you're inept enough, you don't know you're inept. Just saw a hard-to-watch instance of this.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope there was a third person there that day. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
The scary thing about ineptitude is if you're inept enough, you don't know you're inept. Just saw a hard-to-watch instance of this.
I had an experience like that too. I hope the three of us didn't experience the same day lol.

Is anyone able to fill out the Case Western University IV Impressions Call Schedule box? I think several people would appreciate it (myself included)!

does anybody have any information on the LSU shreveport program interview day?

TRICKLE! My first and only. <3

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hope it’s somewhere you want to be! My last trickle is going to end up my number 1
Yea! It’s a program I was disappointed to not hear from initially and it’s thankfully relatively close by so I will be able to make it despite being on a Sub I right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Yea! It’s a program I was disappointed to not hear from initially and it’s thankfully relatively close by so I will be able to make it despite being on a Sub I right now.
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
One more and all it's over but the algorithm.

Still no one with details about GME Sunrise? Strange...

Maybe try the spread sheet? It looks like at least one person put in a "negative" comment on their interview impressions tab so you know someone there knows something.

Still no one with details about GME Sunrise? Strange...
I just called with an interview for them to try and fill a spot next week. Seems like all that’s known is they’re HCA. I tried finding their benefits and things online, couldn’t. They’re a mystery

They may be a newer program. I had that issues a couple of times on the trail and it's because private health system residencies play a little differently.

Next time should have a tab for “Ask a PD here” in the google doc

Last edited:
They may be a newer program. I had that issues a couple of times on the trail and it's because private health system residencies play a little differently.
It’s in the match stipulations that salary information be provided, but I guess they just give it interview day. Makes it seem shady, I even interviewed at 2 other HCA facilities and they’re posted.

It’s in the match stipulations that salary information be provided, but I guess they just give it interview day. Makes it seem shady, I even interviewed at 2 other HCA facilities and they’re posted.
Right, but one program I attended in particular didn't give out details until three interview date and even then it was presented and not "given".

Can someone please add centerstone Florida to the rank list? I don't wanna screw up the rank tally.