Official Batch Numbers and Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Typical Average Student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are one too many threads about batch numbers, these dates were collected from the timeline thread from other people.
  • Time from e-submit to GPA verification varies from 0-6 weeks.
  • Mail out dates are usually within 0-1 week of GPA verification post e-submit.
  • If you see two dates on your mail out, it is likely a resend with the addition of your DAT scores or a letter of recommendation. Your first batch number is still the same but processing time may be altered due to later submission.
  • DAT Scores take 2+ weeks to upload onto AADSAS.

June 25 (Thur) = 1st batch
July 2 (Thur) = 2nd batch
July 10 (Fri) = 3rd batch
July 16 (Thur) = 4th batch
July 24 (Fri) = 5th batch
July 31 (Fri) = 6th batch
August 7th (Fri) = 7th batch
August 13th (Thur) = 8th batch
August 21st (Fri) = 9th batch
August 28th (Fri) = 10th batch
September 4th (Fri) = 11th batch

Below are estimations based on Thurs/Fri mail out trends.

September 10-11 = 12th batch
September 17-18 = 13th batch
September 24-25 = 14th batch
October 1-2 = 15th batch
October 8-9 = 16th batch
October 15-16 = 17th batch
October 22-23 = 18th batch
October 29-30 = 19th batch
November 5-6 = 20th batch
November 12-13 = 21st batch
November 19-20 = 22nd batch
November 26-27 = [Holiday] May be pushed to Dec 3-4(?)

Anywhere past this I don't even think you should worry about batch numbers anymore...

Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users
Oh lord... I would call this "the calendar of anxiety" lol

Reactions: 12 users
Thanks for this chart. Exactly what I was searching for.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are one too many threads about batch numbers, these dates were collected from the timeline thread from other people.
  • Time from e-submit to GPA verification varies from 0-3 weeks.
  • If you see two dates on your mail out, it is likely a resend with the addition of your DAT scores or a letter of recommendation. Your first batch number is still the same

July 30-31 = 6th batch
August 6-7 = 7th batch
August 13-14 = 8th batch
August 20-21 = 9th batch
August 27-28 = 10th batch
September 3-4 = 11th batch
October 1-2 = 15th batch
October 8-9 = 16th batch

Anywhere past this I don't even think you should worry about batch numbers anymore...

Good luck to all!

Nice

You should go work for addsas, as part of management

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks, no big effect on chances, but good to know..

Thanks for the post Typical. This should be a sticky.

Reactions: 1 user
E-submitted and paid: 7/2
LOR processed: 7/21
Transcript received: 6/23

Apps not mailed and GPA not calculated. This normal?

• If you see two dates on your mail out, it is likely a resend with the addition of your DAT scores or a letter of recommendation. Your first batch number is still the same

July 30-31 = 6th batch
August 6-7 = 7th batch
August 13-14 = 8th batch
August 20-21 = 9th batch
October 1-2 = 15th batch
October 8-9 = 16th batch

Good luck to all!
Bump

Cause it is nice to see

Please enlighten me y'all. I hear everyone talks about batch number and whatnot but I hear many students say things like "dont worry, it doesnt even matter." I'm a bit skeptical. What is the real purpose of these "batches"?

Please enlighten me y'all. I hear everyone talks about batch number and whatnot but I hear many students say things like "dont worry, it doesnt even matter." I'm a bit skeptical. What is the real purpose of these "batches"?

It kinda let's you know your place in line... Being first in line is generally nice but isn't significantly better than 5th but definitely better than 23rd :)

It kinda let's you know your place in line... Being first in line is generally nice but isn't significantly better than 5th but definitely better than 23rd :)

I see. I suppose that the earlier you submit your app the higher chance you have of getting an interview. Or is it a higher chance of getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. I suppose that the earlier you submit your app the higher chance you have of getting an interview. Or is it a higher chance of getting accepted?
Well generally the earlier you submit your app, the earlier you get your interview, the earlier you get accepted to fill seats. The later you are, the more selective adcoms are for filling the remaining seats with the best of the best.

Well generally the earlier you submit your app, the earlier you get your interview, the earlier you get accepted to fill seats. The later you are, the more selective adcoms are for filling the remaining seats with the best of the best.

Thanks for confirming man! I wont be reapplying til next cycle but I wish you the very best fellow Texan!

August 6-7 = 7th batch
August 13-14 = 8th batch
August 20-21 = 9th batch
October 1-2 = 15th batch
October 8-9 = 16th batch

Good luck to all!

Dates updated with 6th batch to be mailed on the 31st, confirmed.

It provides some grounds of professionalism and organization..... Imagine the mess there were no batches..... Lines would be cut, increases the potential of individuals trying to sweet talk AADSAS officials to put their application first, batches also work as a schedule of some sort, providing applicant and dental school some position when talking about time frame of a mailed out application.....

I submitted mine ons 7/23.. So I know I will be a little before my batch is sent but, I was wondering how Boston U received my application already, and they are the only school that received it under School Decisions tab! But it says it wasn't mailed out under School Designations.

Any clarification? There is just a lot of uncertain answers on forums, I am looking for different perspectives.

I submitted mine ons 7/23.. So I know I will be a little before my batch is sent but, I was wondering how Boston U received my application already, and they are the only school that received it under School Decisions tab! But it says it wasn't mailed out under School Designations.

Any clarification? There is just a lot of uncertain answers on forums, I am looking for different perspectives.

This has been answered a few times before. Schools can access your application whenever they want, the 'mail out' is kind of an official reminder that your application is verified. BU sends out an automatic email as soon as you e-submit. For me, my status changed to 'under review' from BU even before my GPA was verified. Don't stress, just do things as quickly as you can to speed up the process.

This has been answered a few times before. Schools can access your application whenever they want, the 'mail out' is kind of an official reminder that your application is verified. BU sends out an automatic email as soon as you e-submit. For me, my status changed to 'under review' from BU even before my GPA was verified. Don't stress, just do things as quickly as you can to speed up the process.

Ahh okay, good, because I just submitted my supp. application. Thank you!

would you say the first 10 batches are best time to submit????
I think in a major post by Glimmer1991, being in any of the first 6 batches is good (but no real significant difference in the first 6), and I think that I've heard people say that if you get mailed out before August, you are "early", but take that with a grain of salt. I think even the first week or two should be fine.

I think in a major post by Glimmer1991, being in any of the first 6 batches is good (but no real significant difference in the first 6), and I think that I've heard people say that if you get mailed out before August, you are "early", but take that with a grain of salt. I think even the first week or two should be fine.
Ok thanks! And do you know if i can e-submit without my LORS yet and w/out my current DAT score. I took it on Monday and doubt they'll be uploaded this quick. I was hoping to e-submit by Sunday/Monday latest.

Ok thanks! And do you know if i can e-submit without my LORS yet and w/out my current DAT score. I took it on Monday and doubt they'll be uploaded this quick. I was hoping to e-submit by Sunday/Monday latest.
Yup you can submit without the LORs and DAT scores. That's what I did! My LOR's were uploaded two days ago, same with my DAT scores, which I took on the 14th.

Bump because I'm sick of people creating threads about it! @sjv please sticky this thread :)

Bump because I'm sick of people creating threads about it! @sjv please sticky this thread :)

Haha, you think people are gonna stop making threads for this? I swear when some people get on here they just don't even bother reading anything and post!

Reactions: 2 users
You're right I sometimes like to fool myself into thinking people will use the search function

Batches flow like rain
My app still hides in AADSAS
A dental cocoon

Reactions: 3 users
Wake up every day
Check email for signs of life
Refresh... refresh... cry.

Reactions: 6 users
Now if only there was a poetry section on the DAT....

Batch this
Batch that
Do you think it would of been
Better as Paper Format?

August 6-7 = 7th batch
August 13-14 = 8th batch
August 20-21 = 9th batch
October 1-2 = 15th batch
October 8-9 = 16th batch

Good luck to all!

Bumping

Just ringin the bells

Kids

Hopefully July 13 is being processed this week....

If you esubmitted your app before you took the dat. Would the batch # you're considered the date your DAT scores upload?

If you esubmitted your app before you took the dat. Would the batch # you're considered the date your DAT scores upload?
Your batch number technically doesnt change if your application was mailed out before your DAT scores were uploaded but your application isn't complete without it. I recommend if you're still waiting to take the dat, that you do so within a month of your app being mailed out.

For example, my app was sent out 2nd batch (July 2nd) but didn't have my dat scores uploaded until late July because I took my dat July 14th. I subsequently received interview invites around the same all the other 2nd batchers got their invites.

What if you add more schools after submitting and your stuff has already all been verified and mailed to your first schools. Do you automatically go out in the next batch?

What if you add more schools after submitting and your stuff has already all been verified and mailed to your first schools. Do you automatically go out in the next batch?
Yep

To be a dentist
First you must suffer greatly
Thank you D-A-T

August 7th (Fri) = 7th batch
August 13th (Thur) = 8th batch

August 20-21 = 9th batch
October 1-2 = 15th batch
October 8-9 = 16th batch

Good luck to all!

Just want to bump it better

What about an app that was mailed out 6/25 but DAT scores were sent 8/13... What batch am I considered?

ADEA AADSAS lost my transcript...

I requested transcript on 6/10, throughout July I've been emailing calling back forth to locate my transcript... different representatives from ADEA said they will process within the next 7-10 business days

Took DAT on 7/29 still waiting for it to be processed by ADEA, Esubmitted my application on 7/31...

It's 8/19 and ADEA have confirmed that they lost my transcript

Still waiting on my committee letter...I've emailed once per week to rush my adviser to send it in. I had the committee interview back in mid June!!!!

Basically nothing much I can do except wait... I'm beyond worried...