Official Dermatology Interview Invites 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dermie09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope no one minds me starting this thread.
I am really excited !!!

Invites:
10/24 Johns Hopkins (email)

Rejects:

Members don't see this ad.

Nice...strong work dermie. Hopkins sent out invites earlier this year it looks like. I think someone on dermboard had posted a reject from Scott and White.

Interviews: none (guess I'm not gonna hear from John Hopkins)

Rejections: none (which I'm hoping means I'm gonna get an interview from Scott and White)

Members don't see this ad :)
To all the people who look at this site but don't post anything, it is very easy to register. It would be great if this could become like the way dermboard used to be. Knowing what schools are sending out interviews and rejections makes it easier to plan interviews. So register and post!

To all the people who look at this site but don't post anything, it is very easy to register. It would be great if this could become like the way dermboard used to be. Knowing what schools are sending out interviews and rejections makes it easier to plan interviews. So register and post!

I agree with texasdermie. The future of the dermboard is dismal at best. We are still posting on 2007-2008 forum. The dermboard gods (jstax, valerie, ect) have abandoned us.

As for me, no interviews. Not that I expect johns hopkins to take a second look at me. I am hoping for S&W, though. Who wouldn't want to live in temple, texas? I hear they have a movie theater now! :laugh:

Invites:

U of Mich (today, email)
Alert: there is ONE interview day, Nov 22
Rejects:

none so far

Congrats scumbagderm! Count me in with the Michigan rejects!

Invites:
10/27 U Michigan (email)

Rejects:
10/27 U Michigan (email)

Rejects: U Michigan 10/27 (email)

Invites: none

Congrats on your first interview scumbagderm!

that's very nice of you, texasdermie.

Best of luck to you!

was waitlisted for interview at umich today by email. do most schools only have one interview date? it kind of seems that way?

was waitlisted for interview at umich today by email. do most schools only have one interview date? it kind of seems that way?

I think it's more like 2 or 3 dates. Just one is unusual.

Members don't see this ad :)
Invites:
10/27 U Michigan (email)

Rejects:
10/27 U Michigan (email), Mayo Scottsdale (email)

10/27 UMich interview

No rejects yet -
no word from Hopkins.

Thanks for posting!

I was rejected from Michigan today. I have not heard from anyone else. Congratulations to everyone who has interviews already.:thumbup:

Rejects:
U Mich
Mayo (Arizona)

:(

Hopefully starts to get better from here on out

Invitation- ECU (phone)

Rejection- U Mich, Scott and White

Last edited:
I got a rejection today via email from SUNY Buffalo.

I got a rejection today via email from SUNY Buffalo.

there is a texasdermie and now a txderm.

Is texas just full of derm wannabe's this year? haha

next thing we know they'll be a dermietx, texderm, dermtex, longhornderm, lonestarstatederm, cowboyderm...

just kidding ya'll. Texans are nice! :laugh:

Wow, everyone on here is so nice...Goodbye Dermboard!

No word from anyone here yet. The next month will surely test my mettle.

Are all of you here AOA?

(congrats to those who have interviews and good luck to all!)

feels like i'm in undergrad again stalking the mailman and checking my email and SDN all the time waiting for any word when i was applying to med school...

checked my mail, email, ERAS message box, cell phone voicemail = heard nada today

bored

man, i would consider myself a pretty decent applicant, but i've just been getting rejected left and right

Rejections:
U-Mich
Scott & White 10/28 email

Interviews:

this list is getting confusing. maybe we should keep a running list and then just put your name next to the school

ie.

Interviews:
Random program - email 10/29 (goodies, otherSDNer, otherSDNer), email 10/31 (otherSDNer, otherSDNer)

Rejections:
U Mich - email 10/24 (goodies)
Scott & White - email 10/28 (goodies)

something like that...

They've sent out rejections twice now before MSPE's are sent out. What is the deal?

don't sweat it.

Scott and white is likely to interview mostly locals anyway. Besides, they only have 2 (maybe 3?) spots.

this list is getting confusing. maybe we should keep a running list and then just put your name next to the school

ie.

Interviews:
Random program - email 10/29 (goodies, otherSDNer, otherSDNer), email 10/31 (otherSDNer, otherSDNer)

Rejections:
U Mich - email 10/24 (goodies)
Scott & White - email 10/28 (goodies)

something like that...

i don't think we have to put our names. I thought the point was help others know what's out there (and when/how).

i don't think we have to put our names. I thought the point was help others know what's out there (and when/how).

I've seen other groups update the list each time so it's not so jumbled.

I think it's nice we finally have one running for dermatology. Thanks to all of you!

Here's a template (although it's by no means perfect, please feel free to embellish)

I've seen other specialties include the names of people who received each interview/rejection, the dates they received their interviews/rejections, the actual date of the interview, the method of correspondance (email vs phone vs snailmail) but I figured I would keep it barebones for now

Interviews
Hopkins
ECU
Drexel
Michigan

Rejections
Michigan
Scott&White
SUNY Buffalo
Mayo

Interviews:
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Scott and White (10/28 email)

Last edited:
Interviews
Hopkins (email)
ECU (phone)
Drexel (phone)
Michigan (email)
New Jersey Medical School (10/24 email)
Scott and White (10/27 email)

Rejections
Michigan (email)
Scott and White (email)
SUNY Buffalo
Mayo Arizona

Strong work Mariah. I nominate you to keep us updated when new offers appear.

Strong work Mariah. I nominate you to keep us updated when new offers appear.

Sure thing.

I'll also alert all the programs out there that I'll need an offer from each one of them in order to keep everyone informed.

Umm, just invitations, not rejections :p

2 things:

1. It noticed you can edit your own posts. Dermie09, any chance you'd be willing to try and keep your original post updated with current info?

2. This is great. I applied to so many programs, and I chose them so haphazardly that I find myself going back to ERAS to find out if I actually applied to Drexel, S/W, etc.

2 things:

1. It noticed you can edit your own posts. Dermie09, any chance you'd be willing to try and keep your original post updated with current info?

2. This is great. I applied to so many programs, and I chose them so haphazardly that I find myself going back to ERAS to find out if I actually applied to Drexel, S/W, etc.

If it helps, you can always go to your control panel and set posts to show up in reverse order. That way, the most recently updated list will be at the top and Dermie09 doesn't have to constantly change their OP.

If it helps, you can always go to your control panel and set posts to show up in reverse order. That way, the most recently updated list will be at the top and Dermie09 doesn't have to constantly change their OP.

Seriously strong work you know more about how this board functions and options then I do.

Seriously strong work you know more about how this board functions and options then I do.

Why thank you.

To be fair, as a neurotic 4th year, it's all part of the job. ;)

Sure thing.

I'll also alert all the programs out there that I'll need an offer from each one of them in order to keep everyone informed.

Umm, just invitations, not rejections :p

haha. Its the least they can do for your service here.

:laugh:

Anyone else getting nervous about next week - dean's letter going out. I guess we'll all be getting more action starting Monday....