Official Guide to the MCAT questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pusheen

silently judging
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I just took the Bio and PS parts of the Official guide questions.
I felt like they were significantly harder than the other materials and I didn't do great, even though I've been doing fine on the Q packs.

Has anyone else done these? Did you feel that they were harder/more convoluted?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean harder? Did you miss them because you didn't know the info or make a mistake because hard to interpret data, etc.?

What do you mean harder? Did you miss them because you didn't know the info or make a mistake because hard
I personally thought the passages were more complicated/had too much information to sift through quickly.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed a difference.

Well I am going to do them after I finish going over BR passages I just did. Will post you what I think, etc after.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I felt like the official guide relied more on research questions and results interpretation and less on content recall/knowledge. A lot of the answers were just straight up in the passage. For me as someone who does research and reads lots of research publications it was easier than content questions.

I felt like the official guide relied more on research questions and results interpretation and less on content recall/knowledge. A lot of the answers were just straight up in the passage. For me as someone who does research and reads lots of research publications it was easier than content questions.
yeah, that makes sense. I think I was just taken aback by all the results interpretation questions.

From what I have noticed and what the general consensus tells me, yes, the Official 2015 AAMC guide pack is much harder than the full-length practice test the AAMC has released. I am only basing this off of what I experienced and what others have said on previous threads. The scores are also more fluctuating due to much fewer questions on the guide pack as opposed to the actual full length practice.