**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know I agree. Tons of ppl hate it. I hope I get to interview there. It sounds great to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is it because of PBL? I would hate PBL, but if I get accepted only to lecom, I'd still go.

Members don't see this ad.

is it because of PBL? I would hate PBL, but if I get accepted only to lecom, I'd still go.

Honestly I think it is because of the amount of PBL they incorporate into their curriculum. I have no problem with PBL and actually prefer that over traditional lectures. During my visit I was wondering why people dislike that school so much; I would love to go there.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview!

School: University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: 09/12/2014
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: -
GPA (science, overall) 3.8, 3,8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/23/21/none

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview!

Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: 6/29/2014
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/23/21/none

jealous...

Interview #3!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/2014
Application complete date: 8/20/2014
GPA (overall, science) 3.54, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/21/16QR

3 possible October dates that I need confirm with my schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Interview #3!

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1/2014
Application complete date: 8/20/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.54, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/21/16QR

3 possible October dates that I need confirm with my schedule.

jealous.....again......

Have 3 intervies so far :) nova, lecom, western. Gpa 3.82 both, dat 19. Got supplemental from maryland but no invite, submitted it 2 weeks ago :(. No rejections so fur. Guys, how schools send out rejections? As soon as they come across your appl? Or there may be no news from school and then rejection on decemb 2? Trying to figure out why my top schools stay quite NYU and NJ Rudgers. My appl was complete 7/28 because of july dat, submitted first batch. People with appl complete later than mine have invites. :( maybe i got rejected by them with 19 dat :(((((

Maybe this is it and i will not have any more invites :((( waiting is the hardest thing ever!!!

It's not even the middle of September. Im sure you'll start hearing from the others soon.

That's pretty amazing! :) although I have yet to hear from any of my in state California schools, the school I interviewed in Ohio was pretty amazing :) Did you want to go out of state?

I heard that UCLA does not give out any interviews until mid october, I'm waiting to hear back from CA schools too

Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall): 2.5 Community College, 3.2 Undergrad University, (3.3 First year grad)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17/ QR 16
12,000 Dental Assisting hours
5,000 Dental Laboratory Tech
550 Community service

Last edited:
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall): 2.5 Community College, 3.2 Undergrad University, (3.3 First year grad)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17/ QR 16
12,000 Dental Assisting hours
550 Community service

not to be negative or anything, but your over GPA might be a bit lower than dental schools would like.
So your overall is between 2.5 and 3.2? higher than 3 ? lower than 3?

Either case, you might benefit from retaking the DAT and getting 22+ to make up for your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)

Notification date: 9/12/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/14
Application complete date: 7/20/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.30, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/21 TS/21 PAT/ 20 RC/ none

Last edited:
Interview #5:
School: Western U
Notification date: 09/11/14
Method of notification: Email & phone call
Residency: Kansas
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/14
Application complete date: 07/07/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.86, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/19/24/none
Interview date: 01/23/14

Interview #6:
School: UMKC
Notification date: 09/12/14
Residency: Kansas
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/14
Application complete date: 07/10/14
Interview date: not scheduled

Did Western have any Pre- December interview days left when you scheduled yours?

I would disagree with that, I doubt schools would pass up people like that. Maybe they just see the high stats and not much else? It's quite clear now with the interview invite im seeing that they want well rounded individuals, high or low stats.
Yeah that exactly was what the dean of admissions of one school i interviewed at told us in the presentation of the school after the interviews. She said that sometimes they don't even consider 25AA and 4.0 gpa that have just that. She said they look at a person that have a life outside the class, that is community oriented, that have tons of shadowing and can explain how to do ( with a limited vocabulary) basic dental procedures -so this way they know they are really interested in dentistry! Also she said someone that have participated in dental events, someone that have overcome obstacles and still have managed to keep a decent gpa, someone that even work and have a good gpa. She said those ppl are what they are looking for... I'm not saying that if u have high stats won't make it lol of course not... But you all know that someone that JUST have high stats is because the only things they do day and night is Studying. Soo this is something to think about!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 2 users
not to be negative or anything, but your over GPA might be a bit lower than dental schools would like.
So your overall is between 2.5 and 3.2? higher than 3 ? lower than 3?

Either case, you might benefit from retaking the DAT and getting 22+ to make up for your GPA.
His 16 QR and 3.3 is gonna weigh him down... Don't apply to NOVA. They want grad GPA to be 3.5 and up.

Yeah that exactly was what the dean of admissions of one school i interviewed at told us in the presentation of the school after the interviews. She said that sometimes they don't even consider 25AA and 4.0 gpa that have just that. She said they look at a person that have a life outside the class, that is community oriented, that have tons of shadowing and can explain how to do ( with a limited vocabulary) basic dental procedures -so this way they know they are really interested in dentistry! Also she said someone that have participated in dental events, someone that have overcome obstacles and still have managed to keep a decent gpa, someone that even work and have a good gpa. She said those ppl are what they are looking for... I'm not saying that if u have high stats won't make it lol of course not... But you all know that someone that JUST have high stats is because the only things they do day and night is Studying. Soo this is something to think about!

If you wanted to do dental research, you don't really need a lot of community involvment

Good luck on your interviews everyone.

Last edited:
Those with multiple interviews (5 or more), will you go to all of them? How will you make that decision?

Those with multiple interviews (5 or more), will you go to all of them? How will you make that decision?
I have seven, and so far I'm going to all of them but it's getting tougher and tougher to decide if I should go or not. It's expensive but I'm going by the philosophy of going to every interview until I get accepted somewhere.

I have seven, and so far I'm going to all of them but it's getting tougher and tougher to decide if I should go or not. It's expensive but I'm going by the philosophy of going to every interview until I get accepted somewhere.

I agree. (I have 6). So far I've been lucky - scheduled 4 interviews in the NE between Sept. 22-29. Has helped cut down on costs significantly. I have very few dates left that I *could* schedule an interview on, however. I'm running out of shifts to trade at work! I have one U that I'm really holding out for now *fingers crossed*...

The only thing better than an interview invite is getting an interview invite while at another interview.

Interview #2!

Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11/2014
Application complete date: 6/28/2014
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/20/24/nope

Reactions: 1 users
I have 7 interviews so far, I went to 1 already, but I will go to all of them until I get accepted too….I don't want to risk this application cycle because it will translate into more money to spend next year….Its hard…but thank god for credit cards! lol+pity+:uhno::uhno::bang:

Oh and I bought 1 suit for all of them….so no Facebook pictures will be uploaded….only check ins at the different schools LOL:banana::banana::rofl::zip::shifty:

The only thing better than an interview invite is getting an interview invite while at another interview.

Interview #2!

Truth, this happened an uncanny amount of times for me last year. Got buffalo at Lecom, asdoh at NYU, and Penn at Buffalo. Almost like they knew my schedule. At any rate, congrats on Pitt!

Interview #2!

Congrats!

What date did you choose?

Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/14
Application complete date: 7/20/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.30, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/21 TS/21 PAT/ 20 RC/ none

Where all did you apply/recieved interviews from?

Oh and I bought 1 suit for all of them….so no Facebook pictures will be uploaded….only check ins at the different schools LOL:banana::banana::rofl::zip::shifty:
Lmao, I'm doing the same.
it sucks being a broke college student :/

Same here. Facebook pic in first interview and that's it lmao

This black hole of information is freaking me out...I've only gotten one interview at Oklahoma and haven't anything back from the rest :(

School: University of Oklahoma
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: Phone/Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/2014
Application complete: 8/8/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/21/28/no

This black hole of information is freaking me out...I've only gotten one interview at Oklahoma and haven't anything back from the rest :(

School: University of Oklahoma
Notification date: 9/2
Method of notification: Phone/Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/2014
Application complete: 8/8/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/21/28/no
that's quick. last year they took forever .....
don't worry, with that DAT you will definitely hear something soon.

3rd Interview Invite

School: University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: IA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 8/5/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 24/25/24/22

3rd Interview Invite

School: University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Residency: IA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 8/5/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 24/25/24/22
I'm really hoping for both LECOM and Pittsburgh invite. ️. Fingers crossed. Congratz

I'm really hoping for both LECOM and Pittsburgh invite. ️. Fingers crossed. Congratz

Thanks! I got an e-mail stating that my file was under official review on 9/5/2014. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks! I got an e-mail stating that my file was under official review on 9/5/2014. Hope this helps and good luck!
I got an email with the subject "application complete/fee paid / under review" on August first. No word form them yet. So I guessable that's a bad sign. My GPA is way below their average so that could be why.

I can't decided whether I have senioritis or that this waiting game is just taking away all my studying passion... I have 2 exams this week and I am just like "HELL NO! I TOOK MY DAT AND NOW IM WAITING ON INTERVIEWS!!"

Reactions: 12 users
I can't decided whether I have senioritis or that this waiting game is just taking away all my studying passion... I have 2 exams this week and I am just like "HELL NO! I TOOK MY DAT AND NOW IM WAITING ON INTERVIEWS!!"
I feel you man... The struggle is real

I believe it's both. They are getting the best of me. :dead:

Same here. I find myself getting distracted exponentially easier with every passing test.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us that have been waiting for months!!

Hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us that have been waiting for months!!
I've noticed that it tends to be slower on Mondays and Fridays. Majority of invites seem to come on Tuesday and Wednesdays,

I've noticed that it tends to be slower on Mondays and Fridays. Majority of invites seem to come on Tuesday and Wednesdays,

Well then it's gonna be a rough day again :hungover::blackeye:

I got an email with the subject "application complete/fee paid / under review" on August first. No word form them yet. So I guessable that's a bad sign. My GPA is way below their average so that could be why.

I'm well below their averages and I got an invite. Hard to tell what exactly they're looking for - just keep your head up. I'm sure you'll get an invite soon!

Is it better to be patient and just wait for interviews even if the ADEA AADSAS application status has been complete for a few months now or is it a good idea to call the school and check the status of your application/ ask when a decision should be made?

Is it better to be patient and just wait for interviews even if the ADEA AADSAS application status has been complete for a few months now or is it a good idea to call the school and check the status of your application/ ask when a decision should be made?

I would say be patient and wait... It's still only mid-September, and many schools are explicit about not wanting to be bothered during this process.

i agree with what @ldbowers said.. better be patient.. I am very anxious too but I am just gonna keep waiting for as long as I need to :( which sucks and stresses me out

Interview #2!!!

School: Creighton
Notification date: 9/15/2014
Residency: NM
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/07/2014
Application complete date: 8/29/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.8, 4.0 (Junior standing)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/20/19/17
Interview Date: 10/13/2014

Reactions: 3 users
Diary Entry #83:

This makes almost 3 months since I've been in Under Review/Complete. All is quiet on the eastern front. I would be blessed to get 1 interview let alone 7. Extremely happy for everyone here and hope us patient ones get a moment to shine, even if it is just an ounce. :nod:

EDIT: Some of you have sent me a message telling me to hold on tight. You guys are absolutely awesome. :')

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users