**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you a male or female? If you are a girl bring it in a larger professional bag (I had my laptop with me in mine). The guys I last interviewed with only brought the typical black leather applicant folder. One option is to get a black professional Ipad zip up case that can house business cards, a pen, your 2x2 photo, and whatever paperwork you bring with you. This way it isn't glaringly obvious you have your ipad because it doubles as your ipad case and your applicant folder. (you may have something on your ipad they might want to see, like art, research, changes in grades, volunteer photos etc). Just my opinion though. Do not take my word for it.
I am a male and was thinking about getting a portfolio bag or something to carry all those. Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, unless you have a very good, obvious reason. I feel that it may make you look disinterested and the distraction may keep you from being fully present. Why do you want to bring it?
I have some art work that I would like to show during the interview if there is a chance. And also I just want to take pictures of the campus if necessary. The regular smart cover I have is even red..

GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 2.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17): 21/19/18/25/no

The GPA section is what kills me. I went to college and dropped out ~6 years ago with a 1.x GPA. My current GPA for the state school that i transferred into now and completed all my sciences at is 3.85 (only took 1 non science class out of 60+ credits) but the years of badness really put a dent in my overall GPA.
If ever there is a case to be made for an
upward trend in GPA I would think yours is pretty strong. Any reasonable person can see that and so I think your past won't hurt you as much as you think. If they gave you an interview then they have already accepted that about you :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same boat, I pre loaded it on my Iphone in case I was asked. It never came up, so I never showed my art, and the interview still went well. I think being discrete and professional is always the way to go. Good luck!

I took my DAT the last day of July and scores didn't get to schools until late August so my applications were considered "incomplete". If I could do it over again, I would because that seemed to be a serious disadvantage.
Your case is extremely similar to mine. DAT taken aug 2, app complete Aug 29. You will enjoy the interview at MWU, it's an excellent first school to interview at. Hopefully you interview with Dr Polk!

Is it just me or has it been very kinda quiet for last couple of weeks? :(

Reactions: 4 users
I have some art work that I would like to show during the interview if there is a chance. And also I just want to take pictures of the campus if necessary. The regular smart cover I have is even red..
Hmmm...the artwork is a good reason. I plan to bring a folder with a few things....I would just keep it put away until the opportunity arrives to show your work. You will have plenty of time to take pictures once you are accepted:)

Is it just me or has it been very kinda quiet for last couple of weeks? :(
Was just going to say that Haha it's comforting knowing the the pain of waiting is felt by all!

Anyone know the roughly avg acceptance rates for pre Dec interviews for OOS applicants at public universities? My guess from reading this site is variable by school from 50-75% accepted (lots of highly competitive OOS decline these acceptances in favor of their cheaper state school). The Ada guide only gives "enrolled" stats not "accepted".

I'm trying to decide whether I should go to all interviews or not.

Thanks.

Anyone know the roughly avg acceptance rates for pre Dec interviews for OOS applicants at public universities? My guess from reading this site is variable by school from 50-75% accepted (lots of highly competitive OOS decline these acceptances in favor of their cheaper state school). The Ada guide only gives "enrolled" stats not "accepted".

Thanks.

Depends on what school you're looking at. The ADEA official guide provides the "accepted" numbers on page 34 for the 2013 official guide book.

Thank you! I've used the guide plenty but missed these numbers. Time to look up stats on my schools...

Thanks.

Easy answer.

Go to all of your interviews.

Thanks.
it depends about how do you feel for the school, if it's a second choice or one of the top choice for you

Members don't see this ad :)
Just looked at the ADA guide. I think some schools report the interview vs. acceptance numbers accurately but a bunch of them simply put the same numbers for both... and you know every accepted person did not say "yes" to the number of schools in the ADA guide that had identical numbers. Anyway, just an observation.

Im so sick of refreshing my email every five minutes! I know Ohio state sends out their next wave of interviews on october 8, do you guys know the dates other schools are going to send out interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Its been three full weeks without hearing anything from DS. I stressed out initially for not receiving emails, but now, I have learned to not check my email often! Patience is KEY!!!!!!!

I tell myself if I don't check email as often, I might get something, but I just can't stop checking email and coming back to SDN for any news..

Reactions: 5 users
Another disappointing email :( from University of Kentucky
"Your admission materials from the AADSAS Application Service were recently reviewed. Before making any final decisions on your status we would like to review more applications for the Fall 2015 entering class. We will notify you by email when any status changes are made." :(
anyone has received from UK??

I tell myself if I don't check email as often, I might get something, but I just can't stop checking email and coming back to SDN for any news..
when did you send your application?

Interview #6

School: Louisville
Notification date: 9/26/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/14
Application complete date: 7/25/14
GPA (science, overall): Science GPA: 3.76, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/24/21/no

Here's my mail-out/application complete information for the rest. I hope this can be of use to someone!

School: Louisville
Notification date: 9/26/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/14
Application complete date: 7/25/14
GPA (science, overall): Science GPA: 3.76, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/24/21/no

School: UNLV
Notification date: 7/30/14
AADSAS mail-out date: Early July
Application complete date: Middle of July

School: Midwestern-AZ
Notification date: 7/30/14
AADSAS mail-out date: Early July
Application complete date: Middle of July

School: Roseman
Notification date: 9/04/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/20/14
Application complete date: 8/27/14

School: Case Western
Notification date: 8/30/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22/14
Application complete date: 8/22/14

School: Marquette
Notification date: 9/09/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22/14
Application complete date: 8/25/14

I have my first interview this week, and I wondered what things I definitely need to bring. I've heard suggestions to take 2x2 photos, copies of everything (resume, transcript, essays, etc.), and that I don't need any of that. Do some of you who have been to several interviews already have some insight on what they actually expect you to have? Thanks!

I would like to know the same thing as the above post!

I have my first interview this week, and I wondered what things I definitely need to bring. I've heard suggestions to take 2x2 photos, copies of everything (resume, transcript, essays, etc.), and that I don't need any of that. Do some of you who have been to several interviews already have some insight on what they actually expect you to have? Thanks!
From my little experience you don't need any of that stuff. Maybe bring a leather interview folder with a few pieces of paper and a pen. They usually have a folder for you with some information regarding the school inside.

You definitely don't need any of that. They have all that. Just bring a pen and a professional notebook to take notes :)

Unless of course they give you instructions to bring something, then definitely bring that.

Reactions: 3 users
You definitely don't need any of that. They have all that. Just bring a pen and a professional notebook to take notes :)

Unless of course they give you instructions to bring something, then definitely bring that.
And bring some floss...you wouldn't want to have a 30 min. interview with a distracting particle of food stuck between your teeth. :)

Reactions: 8 users
And bring some floss...you wouldn't want to have a 30 min. interview with a distracting particle of food stuck between your teeth. :)
And don't eat the candy! It's a trap!

Reactions: 3 users
CANDY? CAKE? FOLDER???
too many ways to lose not enough to win:meh:

Interview #11

School: Michigan
Notification date: 9/29/14
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date: 6/17/14
GPA (science, overall): Science GPA: 3.28, 3.34
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/26/none

Okay this is bananas! Never in a million years would I have imagined this number of invites, I know my mom and dad are excited, lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Diary Entry Day 91:

Marks 3 full months since apps have been in review. Still no word. Tried to learn another language to keep my mind busy, gave up 16 languages in. Now for whatever reason, I switch languages mid-sen..mitad de la frase. En realidad no es tan malo. أنا متأكد من أنها سوف الإجابة قريبا. Верно? Как они могли забыть меня? 私は絶望的な取得しています。

I knew I should have sent that שטיקל. Err... I mean cake. :shrug:

Reactions: 20 users
Diary Entry Day 91:

Marks 3 full months since apps have been in review. Still no word. Tried to learn another language to keep my mind busy, gave up 16 languages in. Now for whatever reason, I switch languages mid-sen..mitad de la frase. En realidad no es tan malo. أنا متأكد من أنها سوف الإجابة قريبا. Верно? Как они могли забыть меня? 私は絶望的な取得しています。

I actually laughed, thank you good sir.

Reactions: 5 users
Diary Entry Day 91:

I have not received any interview after 3 months, what is your major? I think because my major is Math and I have not taken more biology courses :(

I have not received any interview after 3 months, what is your major? I think because my major is Math and I have not taken more biology courses :(

Are you international? You have a 4.0 with insane DAT scores... I have no clue why you haven't received any. How are your EC's, shadowing, volunteering?

Interview!
School: LECOM
Notification date: 9/29/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 7/10/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.46, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/22/None

Anyone know if Buffalo has been quiet lately? I've only seen a few people get interviews on the forum. No word yet from them here. Just wondering.

Interview!

School: Michigan
GPA: 3.4 DAT: 20

Last edited:
Are you international? You have a 4.0 with insane DAT scores... I have no clue why you haven't received any. How are your EC's, shadowing, volunteering?
Yes Sir, I am an international(Green card holder).I have around 200 hour volunteering. 40 hours abroad and 20 hours US shadowing.

Yes Sir, I am an international(Green card holder).I have around 200 hour volunteering. 40 hours abroad and 20 hours US shadowing.

It's probably because you only have 20 US shadowing hours. I can't see any other reason as to why you haven't heard anything yet. Most schools have a minimum number and I'm not sure shadowing abroad counts. I bet things would be different if you submitted after getting more hours. Just my $0.02

Interview Question: "What are your strengths?" Answer: Patience because I've had to be very patient waiting for more interviews.

Is that too honest? haha

Reactions: 11 users
Interview Question: "What are your strengths?" Answer: Patience because I've had to be very patient waiting for more interviews.

Is that too honest? haha

too sexy for this planet? i think i would stand out

Anyone know anything about Colorado? I read that they start interviews late....