**Official: July 25, 2013 MCAT**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guess we should go ahead and start this up!

T-minus: 110 days...

Happy studying, my fellow hopeless souls.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

reporting in! I'm also taking the 25th date. I wonder if a Thursday provides a significantly different curve from Fridays in any way...at any rate, I think it would be worthwhile to just do more tests and really find the gaps you have, then plug them as much as you can!

As much as I've been preparing, I keep having this strange feeling that I've forgotten something or that I'm unprepared in a certain category. :eek: :scared: Maybe it's stress causing me to have mini panics along the way, even though material-wise I've spend the last month and a half poring over everything. Across the board except for gchem.

MCAT TPR 1: 8 10 10
AAMC 10: 13 10 10
AAMC 9: 13 11 12
AAMC 11: 12 10 11

Jan 26, 2013 (Official Sitting): 10 9 9

the others I can't remember off the top of my head

but I've been doing TPR's online content structure (my friend has been kind enough to lend me his login information) and am doing decently well. most of the time a few wrong here and there, and the occasional 100% or 35% and below.

trying not to take this exam a third time. any tips on not freaking about knowing content?

Members don't see this ad :)
Study until 3am club and havent seen the light of day in 2 days! :bang: This better be worth it because there is no way im doing this again. 31.5 AAMC average, taking aamc 11 tomorrow.

Hey,

reporting in! I'm also taking the 25th date. I wonder if a Thursday provides a significantly different curve from Fridays in any way...at any rate, I think it would be worthwhile to just do more tests and really find the gaps you have, then plug them as much as you can!

No different curve.

Ughh just took AAMC 10

PS 11 VR 9 BS 10

I thought the PS was pretty tough and am happy with the 11. VR I panicked, ran out of time and randomly guessed the last 3 questions so I'm happy with the 9 knowing I can do better. BS I thought would've gone better than the 10.

Going to take 11 tomorrow or Monday.

Ughh just took AAMC 10

PS 11 VR 9 BS 10

I thought the PS was pretty tough and am happy with the 11. VR I panicked, ran out of time and randomly guessed the last 3 questions so I'm happy with the 9 knowing I can do better. BS I thought would've gone better than the 10.

Going to take 11 tomorrow or Monday.

I got a very similar score on 10, 11/10/10. I didnt find it that hard, but the curve was so steep. 87% correct on ps but only 11 was kind of frustrating.

I got a very similar score on 10, 11/10/10. I didnt find it that hard, but the curve was so steep. 87% correct on ps but only 11 was kind of frustrating.

Yea you're right with the curve.

Are you taking any more AAMC's? I'm going to take 11 on tuesday I think

Just took AAMC 9

PS 13 :eek::eek::eek::eek:
VR 10 :rolleyes:
BS 9 :lame:

So PS has been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember. The fact that I have gotten the highest scaled score on that section than I ever did on the other two (10,11) is just beyond mind blowing.

As for BS, I know I can do better, I've just gotten tripped by not reading graphs correctly, stereochemistry, and renal physiology. I know I can do it with a bit more review.

Still AHJEGLHADJGLAE at my PS score

Taking 11 tomorrow so I can review it tuesday and last studying, and 0 mcat stuff wed.

good luck, I'm definitely reviewing Wednesday but just going to look over formulas and flashcards

Just took AAMC 9

PS 13 :eek::eek::eek::eek:
VR 10 :rolleyes:
BS 9 :lame:

So PS has been the bane of my existence for as long as I can remember. The fact that I have gotten the highest scaled score on that section than I ever did on the other two (10,11) is just beyond mind blowing.

As for BS, I know I can do better, I've just gotten tripped by not reading graphs correctly, stereochemistry, and renal physiology. I know I can do it with a bit more review.

Still AHJEGLHADJGLAE at my PS score

congrats, but I hate that feeling where you know you can do better lol. I want Thursday to be the best!

good luck, I'm definitely reviewing Wednesday but just going to look over formulas and flashcards

congrats, but I hate that feeling where you know you can do better lol. I want Thursday to be the best!

Exactly. I know I've been given myself extra focus on PS, but I thought I was doing a good job keeping up with the other two. My VR score has been the same forever like completely immovable one way or the other. My BS has been almost as static. I'm happy that I've improved, but not happy that I haven't improved all over. 3 more days of studying (if I include today).

We can do it :thumbup::luck:

OMG guys 3 more days

tumblr_lsv9yadXbV1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
The closest open test center was 3 hours away on Friday versus 45 minutes away on Thursday.

Did not do so hot on 11 today, my mind could not focus AT ALL with verbal. How frustrating, been working so hard to improve.

don't have AAMC 11 and since I already took AAMC 10, I'm just gonna go to the older AAMC i haven't taken (7) and use that. It won't be the same, but I can still use the practice. I'm at least happy that I'm finally scoring where I want to in PS

Ok no more studying for me! I'm beyond studied out at this point.
Just gotta figure out how exactly I'm supposed to fall asleep the next two nights when I'm this nervous.

don't have AAMC 11 and since I already took AAMC 10, I'm just gonna go to the older AAMC i haven't taken (7) and use that. It won't be the same, but I can still use the practice. I'm at least happy that I'm finally scoring where I want to in PS

I just took AAMC 7 today (I'm taking the august 9th test) if you end up doing it, I'd like to hear what you thought.
I got 10/9/10-- I felt verbal was really difficult, well not THAT difficult, I just went a little too slow at the start and only had time to skim the last two passages which is where I lost almost all of my points.

Besides that, PS and BS were easy. I usually do better (avg 31) but I made sooo many dumb little mistakes that I'm kicking myself for now.

Did not do so hot on 11 today, my mind could not focus AT ALL with verbal. How frustrating, been working so hard to improve.

How did you do? Based on or previous mcat threads, 11 seems to deflate scores compared to the real deal. I got straight 11s.

yeah I took 11 yesterday and did 2 points below my average, although that was mostly due to the kind of dumb mistakes I haven't made since 4! I just cant wait for this thing to be "over" with... as if I'll feel better while waiting for scores!

How did you do? Based on or previous mcat threads, 11 seems to deflate scores compared to the real deal. I got straight 11s.

Ended up with a 12/7/11

I was 3 stupid mistakes away from a 14 in PS. I hate reading questions wrong and thinking increase instead of decrease.

Verbal I just could not get myself interested in the material at all. I think I've been too many EK101's lately and am sick of verbal and or easily frustrated when the passage is hard to follow. I took the exam Last june and had a 10 in verbal (lots of the passages were easier to follow for me, or maybe it was the adrenaline) so the pressure is on to make sure that at least holds and does not drop.

Bio I shouldn't have let one of the middle passages stump me for so long, I wasted a lot of time and was rushed through passage 7 and the ending discretes.

I think my main problem has been timing the past two FL's. I've been doing so many practice problems and verbal sections that I wasn't prepared for how quickly I need to be doing things. I think I'll be fine for Thursday, it certainly couldn't hurt to get lucky with some passages though

Just finished 10 as well. Got an 11/10/9 that I'm really happy with since I bumped it up from a 25 on AAMC 5.

The curve threw this one off for me as well. The raw score would have put me at 12/12/10 for the other tests, but I did think that some parts of 10 were easier so maybe the curve is justified. Just hoping it translates to Thursday

I'm looking back at my scores from when I took a TPR class compared to my scores now going through EK and its a huge difference. In the two years since I took the test last time, my practice scores have greatly improved. I don't know if its because of EK, or a better way of remembering the material but something's definitely different. I hope it translates to a good test day come Thursday.

I'm looking back at my scores from when I took a TPR class compared to my scores now going through EK and its a huge difference. In the two years since I took the test last time, my practice scores have greatly improved. I don't know if its because of EK, or a better way of remembering the material but something's definitely different. I hope it translates to a good test day come Thursday.

That's great!

on average I'm doing several points better per section as well. I think my biggest thing was I've read through my Kaplan book several times this year and made a condensed review booklet. Last year I only read the book once, so at this point I'm much more comfortable with concepts on PS and BS.

My verbal is fluctuating like a maniac right now, any last minute tips? EK101 helped a lot initially but I think my biggest problem has been lack of focus lately.

That's great!

on average I'm doing several points better per section as well. I think my biggest thing was I've read through my Kaplan book several times this year and made a condensed review booklet. Last year I only read the book once, so at this point I'm much more comfortable with concepts on PS and BS.

My verbal is fluctuating like a maniac right now, any last minute tips? EK101 helped a lot initially but I think my biggest problem has been lack of focus lately.

I really wish I could help people with Verbal, I've been stuck at 10s in that section since the dawn of time. I also have EK101 and i've been mostly using it for timing and not really question accuracy since I think that's what is keeping me from going beyond 10.

Only 2 more days guys

Scared.gif

Little late to the party!

I'm retaking the exam on Thursday. Nervous, but excited to hopefully get this test over with.

Got a 14 PS, 8 VR, 9 BS (31R) last summer. Severely underperformed on the BS and VR was never my strong suit.

Because of work, I started "actually" studying about 6 weeks ago. Did most of my content review within the first 4 weeks and have been practicing for about two weeks ago. Mostly focusing on VR. I've been using the AAMC exams exclusively for practice. I took them last summer, but I don't remember anything so I hope the scores I'm getting right now are reliable.

AAMC 9: 12/9/11 (32)
AAMC 10: 12/10/11 (33)
AAMC 11: 13/10/12 (35)
VR from AAMC 4: 10
VR from AAMC 3: 9
VR from AAMC 5: 11

My goal is to bump my VR and BS score. I want to say I'll be fine on BS but I was getting similar averages last year and I thought the real exam's BS was tougher. I also semi-panicked so I plan on keeping my cool this time lol. Also the PS for my last exam was pretty easy which is why I think i got the 14. I'd be ecstatic if I can get that again.

I just have to stay focused and maintain my timing. I barely finished each section on AAMC 11. Just was not very focused at all, wandering off as I was reading passages and questions. Could be fatigue, could be the material, not quite sure. Hopefully I will be more alert for the exam.

Anyway that's my spiel. Just some background, my averages, and so forth. Good luck guys. Let's kill it everyone!

Little late to the party!

I'm retaking the exam on Thursday. Nervous, but excited to hopefully get this test over with.

Got a 14 PS, 8 VR, 9 BS (31R) last summer. Severely underperformed on the BS and VR was never my strong suit.

Because of work, I started "actually" studying about 6 weeks ago. Did most of my content review within the first 4 weeks and have been practicing for about two weeks ago. Mostly focusing on VR. I've been using the AAMC exams exclusively for practice. I took them last summer, but I don't remember anything so I hope the scores I'm getting right now are reliable.

AAMC 9: 12/9/11 (32)
AAMC 10: 12/10/11 (33)
AAMC 11: 13/10/12 (35)
VR from AAMC 4: 10
VR from AAMC 3: 9
VR from AAMC 5: 11

My goal is to bump my VR and BS score. I want to say I'll be fine on BS but I was getting similar averages last year and I thought the real exam's BS was tougher. I also semi-panicked so I plan on keeping my cool this time lol. Also the PS for my last exam was pretty easy which is why I think i got the 14. I'd be ecstatic if I can get that again.

I just have to stay focused and maintain my timing. I barely finished each section on AAMC 11. Just was not very focused at all, wandering off as I was reading passages and questions. Could be fatigue, could be the material, not quite sure. Hopefully I will be more alert for the exam.

Anyway that's my spiel. Just some background, my averages, and so forth. Good luck guys. Let's kill it everyone!

Yea I think when it comes down to it we'll just have to focus and be mindful of the timing. We've prepped as much as we can!

Yeah, nervousness is finally getting to me. 0% nervous for the past, oh, 6 months? FML.

Reviewed all of my flashcards throughout today, and watched crashcourse videos on digestion, endrocrine, nervous and excretory and basically fast forwarded through them. No MCAT until I wake up Thursday...

Didn't have time to do AAMC 7 today, unless I wanted to do a night exam. And due to some unfortunate planning, I didn't get AAMC 11 so I'll just have AAMCs 3, 8-10 to go on before Thursday. Not too bad considering that there's been drastic improvement.

Test is tomorrow! :eek:

Yea I think AAMC 8-10 are pretty good resources to work from. A lot of people say AAMC 11 is closest to the real thing though. Just from my first sitting, I thought that BS in AAMC 10 and 11 was very similar with regard to question types. I think I did poorly (9) just because the BS section I took seemed to hit all my weak points. I also do well with orgo and the section I took had only one orgo passage :( .

Just took another VR section (AAMC 8) and got a 9 :mad:. And while I usually just mess up on one or two passages, this time I got a couple wrong on each passage...not sure what to make of it but I'm gonna look it over and see why I made my mistakes. Gonna try to go into this thing with some more confidence :thumbup:.

Good luck trying to get back some of that confidence!

what time is everyone taking it? Mine is at 8AM. 24 hours til I'm in verbal lol

feeling strangely zen...I think it's because I should do at least in my practice test range (that's a reasonable thing to believe, right?) and of course there's always that lovely void option

Good luck trying to get back some of that confidence!

what time is everyone taking it? Mine is at 8AM. 24 hours til I'm in verbal lol

Also 8am. I don't like it, but at least I'll be done earlier and can enjoy the rest of my day off.

feeling strangely zen...I think it's because I should do at least in my practice test range (that's a reasonable thing to believe, right?) and of course there's always that lovely void option

Same here, I feel so much better about the test now compared to when I took it two years ago. Hope it translates to a good test day.

I'm definitely more anxious compared to last year, I think it's the fact that I'm retaking and HAVE to improve. But at the same time I feel like I am so much more prepared, and knowledgeable about all the subjects.

I'm excited to enjoy the rest of the day tomorrow at the pool and a nice dinner out with my family.

I feel a bit more calm because I have done it before. Also, I wouldn't be dealing with a writing section this time :thumbup:. And even if it ends up being more difficult than expected, I have enough experience from my first time and practice exams to just keep calm and do my best.

Doing some last minute reviewing and going to go to bed soon.

Good luck y'all!

Melatonin taken, alarm(s) set for 6:15am. Best of luck all. 4 months of studying, let the work you've put in do its magic.

Melatonin taken, alarm(s) set for 6:15am. Best of luck all. 4 months of studying, let the work you've put in do its magic.

Same here, Good luck guys remember

you-can-do-it-o.gif

[YOUTUBE]rwer1CiteBg[/YOUTUBE]

I know the east coast peeps are all asleep, but this still needed to be posted.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :luck::luck::luck:

Actually fell asleep alright last night, but woke up 10 til 6 and couldn't sleep anymore. Heading in now!

Good luck guys!

I hope you all did very well today!! I am taking mine tomorrow ahhhh. I am a retaker because I got a 6 on VR in May..YIKES! so lets hope that does not happen again. I like this thread much more than my mcat date thread. The only people who post on it are ppl averaging like 38s and wanting 40s. Makes me feel stupid lol so I might just keep looking at this one! Can't wait to see how you all thought it was. Don't get discouraged on how you thought it went. I thought I bombed BS and got an 11 so you never actually know how you do until you see the scores.