Official NBDE for OMFS Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbizzle7994

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in the process of finalizing my OMFS applications and realize that on PASS multiple programs list that they require official NBDE score reports. At $33 a pop I wasn't sure if it was necessary to send official score reports if I didn't receive a numerical part I or if these programs still wanted official copies just saying pass. I uploaded a copy of my score report to PASS but wasn't sure if this was sufficient.

Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing or if anyone had spoken to any programs directly.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a good topic and I have the same question. I know that I will be really pissed off if I have to spend $600 to send a document that literally only says PASS on it when I can upload a PDF pic on the pass website along with my dean institutional evaluation saying I passed in 12/2012. This should be sufficient but I've also learned in dental school that logical solutions are seldom the right solution so who knows. I plan on calling a good # of programs tomorrow morning to hash out this issue. We should not be required to send these officially from ADA given the ridiculous costs associated with each copy.

Couldn't agree more. With an NBME score report, the Part 1 "PASS" is irrelevant. I'm gonna be calling some places too, and my hunch is this requirement only applies to people with numerical Part 1 scores at the vast majority of programs. I'll post what schools say. If you guys do the same, we can get a pretty good list going hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
Programs I've gotten answers from via e-mail and what they requested:

LIJ: Official copy of NBDE
NYMC: Official copy of NBDE
VCU: Upload to PASS
Cincinnati: Upload to PASS
Loyola: Upload to PASS
Montefiore: Upload to PASS

Reading the PASS site, it says they don't allow NBDE scores to be mailed directly to them. How are the rest of you guys uploading a copy to PASS?

Reading the PASS site, it says they don't allow NBDE scores to be mailed directly to them. How are the rest of you guys uploading a copy to PASS?
in the CV part. It says you can upload your NBME and prolly the NBDE too in that case..

UCSF still requested an official copy from me...

how do you get official NBME copies and how much are they?

Last edited:
^bump -Anyone what yes means on the pass website for "official NBDE score report".... just send it to pass or directly to all the schools?

I think the same question also applies for school transcripts, some schools want them uploaded both to PASS and sent directly, which is an additional expense...