Forum Members *~*~*~*~*~*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2023-2024*~*~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Zesty_Z | Going to MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho and got interviews with every school applied to | Can do flow, light grammar, and other feedback if specified | DM me links to google docs with PS or Activities and I should get back to you within the week.
  • Venkat7 | Accepted into the MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools all over the country and got interviews with many schools including T20 | Have read/edited many personal statements for my friends | Can help with grammar, construction, content, flow, personalized feedback according to specific question(s) that you have | Also open to providing feedback on activities/secondaries etc. | Please DM me a Google Docs link with your SDN username and any questions/areas that you want me to pay specific attention to while editing | Will do my best to get back quickly with feedback!
  • snowman888 | Accepted MD class of 2027 | ORM, LGBT | 36 MD apps → 20 MD II (majority T20) → 11 A, 8 WL, 1 R | Application had a lot of themes based on culture/language, but happy to read any type of PS/WA/secondaries | Have edited many personal statements/W&A descriptions/secondaries for applicants | Can look at anything you are worried about | Send a DM with a Google Docs link and anything you want me to pay special attention to (make sure suggestion mode is turned on)
  • newolduser | Accepted MD class 2027 | Got II to 1/3 of schools completed (including 2 reaches), applied all over USA, non-trad career-changer, reapplicant 0 II -> 8 II | 1st undergrad degree in English/writing, took a personal statement class | Please DM me a Google Docs link with specific questions, suggestions turned on | Can read for grammar & flow, as well as overall story
  • nativegal | Accepted MD class of 2027 | trad applicant, URM, MD only | 12 secondaries, 8 MD II -> 2 MD A (1 top 20), 2 MD WL, 3 pending. Declined 1 II | interests: primary care prevention, underserved communities, some research focus | 1 Gap year | Very into creative writing (writing a book right now), helped others with writing tips who also were successful this cycle. I can help with grammar, opinions on your writing/themes, and flow. | Google docs preferred
  • thelasteosinophil | Accepted MD class of 2027 | non-trad with 3 gap years, will complete SMP before matriculation, ORM, accepted with low stats and was told my PS was great by the ADCOM and peers. | Can help with flow, and grammar, and provide feedback | please PM me a google doc link where I can add comments | Will not be available after May 10th
Inactive readers:
  • SleepingPupper | (Need to catch up, but will reply to those who messaged me before) | Accepted MD Class of 2027 | Application largely focused on primary care/FM with acceptances into FM tracks | Have experience with editing PS, W/A section and secondaries | Can help with grammar, flow, content, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on
  • honeydew_honey | (Focusing on current requests, but will probably accept new requests soon!) | Accepted MD class of 2027 | CA ORM and reapplicant 3 II -> 7 II, going to a T20 UC in the fall. | Can review PS/WA/secondaries, also available to answer general premed / application cycle questions. | Please PM me and we can chat about how I can best support you - you got this!
  • Fluidity of Movement | (Queue is filled presently) | Future applicant | Non-trad of ten years with a ton of creative writing. Specialties include tone, flow, word choice, description, and telling stories / narratives. PM me your statement, I'll reply quickly.
  • 10vbplayer | (Need to catch up on current requests, currently getting deeper into dedicated) | MS2 MD/PhD | Applied MD and MD/PhD with interviews for both | former copy editor for a newspaper | Will comment on grammar, content, theme, flow, anything you want. Also willing to help with anything related to your application! | Please PM and we can discuss what you need and how I can help, Google docs would probably work best! | Take step soon, so I won't be available from April 20 - May 12, but will be able to help before and after.
  • HAB | unavailable | accepted MD class of 2027 | career changer from unrelated field with multiple As throughout the T50 | can help with structure, narrative, concision, diction | especially interested in helping older applicants + non-trads with complicated stories
  • tzuyu&yuqi | (catching up on previous ones, will be available again in June) | Accepted MD class of 2027 | CA ORM, Average Stats, Applied mainly MD, some DOs, applied all across the country | 4 MD II -> 2 MD A, 5 DO II -> 3 DO A | application centered around primary care and caring for my ethnic community | Can help with grammar, flow, theme or any other questions | Would love to mentor as well | share google doc link in DM
  • thelasteosinophil | Catching up on previous ones | Accepted MD class of 2027 | non-trad with 3 gap years, will complete SMP before matriculation, ORM, accepted with low stats and was told my PS was great by the ADCOM and peers. | Can help with flow, and grammar, and provide feedback | please PM me a google doc link where I can add comments | Will not be available after May 10th
  • SupDoc1998| Catching up on previous messages | Accepted MD Class of 2027 | TX ORM, undergad -> masters -> MD | 5 II, 2 A (1 TX, 1 OOS), 2 WL (1 T15), waiting on 1| Interests: Rural medicine, emergency medical technician, & research | Applied both TMDSAS and AMCAS with low GPA and high MCAT | past experience editing through mentorship programs | I can help edit PS/Secondaries/TMDSAS Essays for content (showing, NOT telling & painting a whole picture for the reader) and grammar | PM me a google doc link with suggestions ons and anything you want me to specifically look at! | Wont be available for a while
  • total_tradegy22 | Catching up on previous requests + work deadlines | Accepted DO Class of 2027 | UT ORM, Non-trad, BA English, M.Ed. |7 II, 1 DO A, 5MD WL | 2 years writing center tutoring experience, taught college-level writing & ESL classes. Applied AACOMAS, AMCAS, and TMDSAS with interviews from all three. Can help with brainstorming, writer's block/anxiety, writing process, overall organization/flow and storytelling. I can work particularly well with non-trads, people with kids, and ESL folks. | PM me a Google doc if you have a draft, or just describe what kind of help you're looking for if you want help with brainstorming or writer's block.
  • walnutfloor | catching up on previous requests | accepted MD class of 2027 | non-trad career changer (from healthcare) | Applied DO & MD --> 15+ II | can help with grammar, flow, overall narrative, and other questions | please PM and we can discuss how I can best help you!
  • Teisuto | in the midst of finals/graduation week, plus need to catch up! | Accepted MD C/O 2027 | traditional applicant, MD only | cycle results in signature | can help with creating a narrative and flow | would love to be a mentor/source of advice throughout the next cycle, can help with making school list | share a google doc link in dms please
  • Hubie02 | catching up on requests | Accepted MD Class of 2027 | International Student | CT ORM, Trad, MD applicant only | 3 II -> 2A (T15 & T30), 1WL | Focus on public health, community engagement, working with underserved populations, patient-centered care | Have experience with editing peers' PS, W/A, and other writing | Can help with content, themes, and narrative as well as with grammar and flow | PM me a Google Doc with permission to comment and specify what you would like me to focus/comment on!
  • HeadEmpty91 | Traveling abroad, limited internet access | Accepted MD class of 2027 | 2yrs working in community nutrition setting | 32 MD schools, reapp 0 II -> 4 II, avg stats | Helped sibling (current M4) with their med/residency apps and have edited grad apps for friends as well | Can help with grammar, theme, flow, etc. | Happy to talk about school list, general app anxieties, and parental/family pressure during the cycle as well (!!) | Please PM me to figure out a good mode of communication!
  • Meg Quint | catching up on requests and traveling (LGBTQ+ applicants, please feel free to still reach out, I can connect you with a few pals who are willing and able to read for free/mentor) | Accepted MD class of 2027 | MA resident, LGBTQ+, MD applicant only | 10 II -> 6 A, 2 WL, 2 pending decisions | edited statements for friends last cycle | Can help w grammar, flow, story formatting, etc. | Happy to help w/ other aspects of the cycle like school lists, activities, etc. | PM and we can figure out the best way to communicate, but generally google doc links work best!
  • Maximus0703 | Accepted MD Class of 2027, trad applicant, ORM | 10 II -> 3 MD A (2 T20), 4 MD WL, Waiting on 3 | interests: neurology, radiology, research, non-profit work | Not the greatest interviewer but my writing seems to have worked | Would be most useful to help add focus to your writing
  • jj_tries | (will still be working on current requests/second looks) Accepted MD class of 2027 | Applied mainly MD with some DO to mainly midwestern schools; Helped edit other applicant's writing content during my cycle| Can help with grammar, flow, structure, content, whatever you need; Would love to look at any application writing or answer any questions about pre-med experience and the application cycle | Send a PM and we can talk! Google doc links work best for editing/proof reading
  • SunMouse | unfortunately too busy with rotations now to edit any more; best of luck to everyone! | MS2 soon to be MS3 (wow time has really flown by!!) (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements the last two years | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. whatever you like. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I will more than likely be a little slow with responses because I'm currently studying for Step 1, but will do my best! Will not be available after May 1st.
  • Hahn-IngoldFOLD | Accepted MD & DO class of 2027 | TX Resident/Non-Trad/SMP/3X Reapplicant/IA/Low-GPA Low-MCAT | TMDSAS, AAMC, and AACOMAS Applicant -> 5II -> 2WL ->3A | Can help with crafting your narrative with overcoming adversity or hardship essays | Can help with grammar, construction, content, flow, personalized feedback according to specific question(s) that you have | I'm really eager to help those who have a had a rocky road along their journey in medicine | DM me links to google docs with PS or Activities and I should get back to you within the week. Need some time to catch up with current requests!
  • Frigidcold | Need to catch up on requests | Accepted MD class of 2027 | CA ORM, two gap years doing a service activity, but also big on research/innovation, matriculating to a T5 in the fall | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | PM me a Google Docs link with comments turned on and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can!
  • runningwaffle75 | Catching up on an overwhelming amount of requests; will respond to all requests received prior to this | Accepted MD Class of '27 | International, URM🤎, Non-trad (4 gap years), reapplicant | 9 IIs, 8 attended, 6 As, 2 WLs | creative writing minor, experienced storyteller, fairly experienced in editing PS & W/A | Can help with whatever phase you are in the writing process (where to even start, content, theme, sHoW dOn'T TeLL, grammar, etc.) | Can specifically help with themes relating to being URiM, disadvantaged status, overcoming adversity, imposter syndrome and working with underserved populations | shoot me a DM to get the ball rolling.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Zesty_Z | Going to MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho and got interviews with every school applied to | Can do flow, light grammar, and other feedback if specified | DM me links to google docs with PS or Activities and I should get back to you within the week.
  • Venkat7 | Accepted into the MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools all over the country and got interviews with many schools including T20 | Have read/edited many personal statements for my friends | Can help with grammar, construction, content, flow, personalized feedback according to specific question(s) that you have | Also open to providing feedback on activities/secondaries etc. | Please DM me a Google Docs link with your SDN username and any questions/areas that you want me to pay specific attention to while editing | Will do my best to get back quickly with feedback!
  • newolduser | Accepted MD class 2027 | Got II to 1/3 of schools completed (including 2 reaches), applied all over USA, non-trad career-changer, reapplicant 0 II -> 8 II | 1st undergrad degree in English/writing, took a personal statement class | Please DM me a Google Docs link with specific questions, suggestions turned on | Can read for grammar & flow, as well as overall story
  • nativegal | Accepted MD class of 2027 | trad applicant, URM, MD only | 12 secondaries, 8 MD II -> 2 MD A (1 top 20), 2 MD WL, 3 pending. Declined 1 II | interests: primary care prevention, underserved communities, some research focus | 1 Gap year | Very into creative writing (writing a book right now), helped others with writing tips who also were successful this cycle. I can help with grammar, opinions on your writing/themes, and flow. | Google docs preferred
  • thelasteosinophil | Accepted MD class of 2027 | non-trad with 3 gap years, will complete SMP before matriculation, ORM, accepted with low stats and was told my PS was great by the ADCOM and peers. | Can help with flow, and grammar, and provide feedback | please PM me a google doc link where I can add comments | Will not be available after May 10th
  • runningwaffle75 | Accepted MD Class of '27 | International, URM🤎, Non-trad (4 gap years), reapplicant | 9 IIs, 8 attended, 6 As, 2 WLs | creative writing minor, experienced storyteller, fairly experienced in editing PS & W/A | Can help with whatever phase you are in the writing process (where to even start, content, theme, sHoW dOn'T TeLL, grammar, etc.) | Can specifically help with themes relating to being URiM, disadvantaged status, overcoming adversity, imposter syndrome and working with underserved populations | shoot me a DM to get the ball rolling.
Inactive readers:
  • SleepingPupper | (Need to catch up, but will reply to those who messaged me before) | Accepted MD Class of 2027 | Application largely focused on primary care/FM with acceptances into FM tracks | Have experience with editing PS, W/A section and secondaries | Can help with grammar, flow, content, etc. | Please PM a Google Doc link with 'suggestions on' and specific details on what you'd like me to focus on
  • honeydew_honey | (Focusing on current requests, but will probably accept new requests soon!) | Accepted MD class of 2027 | CA ORM and reapplicant 3 II -> 7 II, going to a T20 UC in the fall. | Can review PS/WA/secondaries, also available to answer general premed / application cycle questions. | Please PM me and we can chat about how I can best support you - you got this!
  • Fluidity of Movement | (Queue is filled presently) | Future applicant | Non-trad of ten years with a ton of creative writing. Specialties include tone, flow, word choice, description, and telling stories / narratives. PM me your statement, I'll reply quickly.
  • 10vbplayer | (Need to catch up on current requests, currently getting deeper into dedicated) | MS2 MD/PhD | Applied MD and MD/PhD with interviews for both | former copy editor for a newspaper | Will comment on grammar, content, theme, flow, anything you want. Also willing to help with anything related to your application! | Please PM and we can discuss what you need and how I can help, Google docs would probably work best! | Take step soon, so I won't be available from April 20 - May 12, but will be able to help before and after.
  • HAB | unavailable | accepted MD class of 2027 | career changer from unrelated field with multiple As throughout the T50 | can help with structure, narrative, concision, diction | especially interested in helping older applicants + non-trads with complicated stories
  • tzuyu&yuqi | (catching up on previous ones, will be available again in June) | Accepted MD class of 2027 | CA ORM, Average Stats, Applied mainly MD, some DOs, applied all across the country | 4 MD II -> 2 MD A, 5 DO II -> 3 DO A | application centered around primary care and caring for my ethnic community | Can help with grammar, flow, theme or any other questions | Would love to mentor as well | share google doc link in DM
  • thelasteosinophil | Catching up on previous ones | Accepted MD class of 2027 | non-trad with 3 gap years, will complete SMP before matriculation, ORM, accepted with low stats and was told my PS was great by the ADCOM and peers. | Can help with flow, and grammar, and provide feedback | please PM me a google doc link where I can add comments | Will not be available after May 10th
  • SupDoc1998| Catching up on previous messages | Accepted MD Class of 2027 | TX ORM, undergad -> masters -> MD | 5 II, 2 A (1 TX, 1 OOS), 2 WL (1 T15), waiting on 1| Interests: Rural medicine, emergency medical technician, & research | Applied both TMDSAS and AMCAS with low GPA and high MCAT | past experience editing through mentorship programs | I can help edit PS/Secondaries/TMDSAS Essays for content (showing, NOT telling & painting a whole picture for the reader) and grammar | PM me a google doc link with suggestions ons and anything you want me to specifically look at! | Wont be available for a while
  • total_tradegy22 | Catching up on previous requests + work deadlines | Accepted DO Class of 2027 | UT ORM, Non-trad, BA English, M.Ed. |7 II, 1 DO A, 5MD WL | 2 years writing center tutoring experience, taught college-level writing & ESL classes. Applied AACOMAS, AMCAS, and TMDSAS with interviews from all three. Can help with brainstorming, writer's block/anxiety, writing process, overall organization/flow and storytelling. I can work particularly well with non-trads, people with kids, and ESL folks. | PM me a Google doc if you have a draft, or just describe what kind of help you're looking for if you want help with brainstorming or writer's block.
  • walnutfloor | catching up on previous requests | accepted MD class of 2027 | non-trad career changer (from healthcare) | Applied DO & MD --> 15+ II | can help with grammar, flow, overall narrative, and other questions | please PM and we can discuss how I can best help you!
  • Teisuto | in the midst of finals/graduation week, plus need to catch up! | Accepted MD C/O 2027 | traditional applicant, MD only | cycle results in signature | can help with creating a narrative and flow | would love to be a mentor/source of advice throughout the next cycle, can help with making school list | share a google doc link in dms please
  • Hubie02 | catching up on requests | Accepted MD Class of 2027 | International Student | CT ORM, Trad, MD applicant only | 3 II -> 2A (T15 & T30), 1WL | Focus on public health, community engagement, working with underserved populations, patient-centered care | Have experience with editing peers' PS, W/A, and other writing | Can help with content, themes, and narrative as well as with grammar and flow | PM me a Google Doc with permission to comment and specify what you would like me to focus/comment on!
  • HeadEmpty91 | Traveling abroad, limited internet access | Accepted MD class of 2027 | 2yrs working in community nutrition setting | 32 MD schools, reapp 0 II -> 4 II, avg stats | Helped sibling (current M4) with their med/residency apps and have edited grad apps for friends as well | Can help with grammar, theme, flow, etc. | Happy to talk about school list, general app anxieties, and parental/family pressure during the cycle as well (!!) | Please PM me to figure out a good mode of communication!
  • Meg Quint | catching up on requests and traveling (LGBTQ+ applicants, please feel free to still reach out, I can connect you with a few pals who are willing and able to read for free/mentor) | Accepted MD class of 2027 | MA resident, LGBTQ+, MD applicant only | 10 II -> 6 A, 2 WL, 2 pending decisions | edited statements for friends last cycle | Can help w grammar, flow, story formatting, etc. | Happy to help w/ other aspects of the cycle like school lists, activities, etc. | PM and we can figure out the best way to communicate, but generally google doc links work best!
  • Maximus0703 | Accepted MD Class of 2027, trad applicant, ORM | 10 II -> 3 MD A (2 T20), 4 MD WL, Waiting on 3 | interests: neurology, radiology, research, non-profit work | Not the greatest interviewer but my writing seems to have worked | Would be most useful to help add focus to your writing
  • jj_tries | (will still be working on current requests/second looks) Accepted MD class of 2027 | Applied mainly MD with some DO to mainly midwestern schools; Helped edit other applicant's writing content during my cycle| Can help with grammar, flow, structure, content, whatever you need; Would love to look at any application writing or answer any questions about pre-med experience and the application cycle | Send a PM and we can talk! Google doc links work best for editing/proof reading
  • SunMouse | unfortunately too busy with rotations now to edit any more; best of luck to everyone! | MS2 soon to be MS3 (wow time has really flown by!!) (MD Class of 2025) | No formal editing experience, but have helped a lot of friends and family with essays, and also read/edited a bunch of personal statements the last two years | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. whatever you like. I am a non-trad career-changer, so I can also specifically comment on that element as well | Please PM a Google Docs link set to 'anyone with the link can edit', and include what you want me to focus on. I will more than likely be a little slow with responses because I'm currently studying for Step 1, but will do my best! Will not be available after May 1st.
  • Hahn-IngoldFOLD | Accepted MD & DO class of 2027 | TX Resident/Non-Trad/SMP/3X Reapplicant/IA/Low-GPA Low-MCAT | TMDSAS, AAMC, and AACOMAS Applicant -> 5II -> 2WL ->3A | Can help with crafting your narrative with overcoming adversity or hardship essays | Can help with grammar, construction, content, flow, personalized feedback according to specific question(s) that you have | I'm really eager to help those who have a had a rocky road along their journey in medicine | DM me links to google docs with PS or Activities and I should get back to you within the week. Need some time to catch up with current requests!
  • Frigidcold | Need to catch up on requests | Accepted MD class of 2027 | CA ORM, two gap years doing a service activity, but also big on research/innovation, matriculating to a T5 in the fall | Can help with content, theme, flow, grammar, etc. | PM me a Google Docs link with comments turned on and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can!
  • snowman888 | Accepted MD class of 2027 | ORM, LGBT | 36 MD apps → 20 MD II (majority T20) → 11 A, 8 WL, 1 R | Application had a lot of themes based on culture/language, but happy to read any type of PS/WA/secondaries | Have edited many personal statements/W&A descriptions/secondaries for applicants | Can look at anything you are worried about | Send a DM with a Google Docs link and anything you want me to pay special attention to (make sure suggestion mode is turned on)

• MEDNERD13|Class of 2026, incoming M2 | Non-traditional | Student Interviewer for my school for 1 year | Recent formal editing experience and have informally read and edited many personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, phrasing, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
  • runningwaffle75 | Accepted MD Class of '27 | International, URM🤎, Non-trad (4 gap years), reapplicant | 9 IIs, 8 attended, 6 As, 2 WLs | creative writing minor, experienced storyteller, fairly experienced in editing PS & W/A | Can help with whatever phase you are in the writing process (where to even start, content, theme, sHoW dOn'T TeLL, grammar, etc.) | Can specifically help with themes relating to being URiM, disadvantaged status, overcoming adversity, imposter syndrome and working with underserved populations | shoot me a DM to get the ball rolling.
Inactive readers:

Members don't see this ad :)
  • MEDNERD13|Class of 2026, incoming M2 | Non-traditional | Student Interviewer for my school for 1 year | Recent formal editing experience and have informally read and edited many personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, phrasing, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.
Inactive readers:
  • runningwaffle75 | Catching up on an overwhelming amount of requests; will respond to all requests received prior to 5/30 | Accepted MD Class of '27 | International, URM🤎, Non-trad (4 gap years), reapplicant | 9 IIs, 8 attended, 6 As, 2 WLs | creative writing minor, experienced storyteller, fairly experienced in editing PS & W/A | Can help with whatever phase you are in the writing process (where to even start, content, theme, sHoW dOn'T TeLL, grammar, etc.) | Can specifically help with themes relating to being URiM, disadvantaged status, overcoming adversity, imposter syndrome and working with underserved populations | shoot me a DM to get the ball rolling

• Venkat7 | Accepted into the MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools all over the country and got interviews with many schools including T20 | Have read/edited many personal statements for my friends | Can help with grammar, construction, content, flow, personalized feedback according to specific question(s) that you have | Also open to providing feedback on activities/secondaries etc. | Please DM me a Google Docs link with your SDN username and any questions/areas that you want me to pay specific attention to while editing | Will do my best to get back quickly with feedback
Inactive readers:
  • runningwaffle75 | Catching up on an overwhelming amount of requests; will respond to all requests received prior to 5/30 | Accepted MD Class of '27 | International, URM🤎, Non-trad (4 gap years), reapplicant | 9 IIs, 8 attended, 6 As, 2 WLs | creative writing minor, experienced storyteller, fairly experienced in editing PS & W/A | Can help with whatever phase you are in the writing process (where to even start, content, theme, sHoW dOn'T TeLL, grammar, etc.) | Can specifically help with themes relating to being URiM, disadvantaged status, overcoming adversity, imposter syndrome and working with underserved populations | shoot me a DM to get the ball rolling
  • MEDNERD13|Class of 2026, incoming M2 | Non-traditional | Catching up on requests; will respond to all requests received up through 6/3 | Student Interviewer for my school for 1 year | Recent formal editing experience and have informally read and edited many personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Can help with content, theme, flow, phrasing, grammar, etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on' and let me know if there's anything you want me to focus on.

• Venkat7 | Accepted into the MD class of 2027 | Applied to schools all over the country and got interviews with many schools including T20 | Have read/edited many personal statements for my friends | Can help with grammar, construction, content, flow, personalized feedback according to specific question(s) that you have | Also open to providing feedback on activities/secondaries etc. | Please DM me a Google Docs link with your SDN username and any questions/areas that you want me to pay specific attention to while editing | Will do my best to get back quickly with feedback
Inactive readers:

Inactive readers:
  • plsacceptmenotajoke | catching up on requests | Accepted class of 2027 | 5 II | Can help with anything you have questions on | no formal editing experience but I've been told I write well! | DM a Google doc link

Last edited:
Inactive readers:
  • plsacceptmenotajoke | catching up on requests | Accepted class of 2027 | 5 II | Can help with anything you have questions on | no formal editing experience but I've been told I write well! | DM a Google doc link

• chicandtoughness | Class of 2027 at UTMB | very non trad, BS Economics + MS Counseling, 10 “gap years”, going to med school in my 30s | previously worked in consulting/banking and mental health; I’m an LPC/LMHC (aka a licensed mental health therapist) | Texas Academic Fresh Start extraordinaire (see my signature), low GPA high MCAT -> 9 IIs, 2 prematches MD, TMDSAS only, full ride scholarship | previously employed as a career counselor and professionally revised resumes, cover letters, college/grad school apps so I might know a thing or two | can work on primaries or secondaries, mainly for flow and engagement (won’t waste my time with grammar and spelling, etc. use grammarly or a chatbot for that) | Google doc only, 1 week turnaround | also very good at SOWVIs and MMIs if you need help with those somehow

Inactive readers:

Last edited:
Moving myself to inactive - y'all all really jumped on the wagon and now I've got a huge backlog lol 🤣

Inactive readers:
  • chicandtoughness | catching up on current requests | Class of 2027 at UTMB | very non trad, BS Economics + MS Counseling, 10 “gap years”, going to med school in my 30s | previously worked in consulting/banking and mental health; I’m an LPC/LMHC (aka a licensed mental health therapist) | Texas Academic Fresh Start extraordinaire (see my signature), low GPA high MCAT -> 9 IIs, 2 prematches MD, TMDSAS only, full ride scholarship | previously employed as a career counselor and professionally revised resumes, cover letters, college/grad school apps so I might know a thing or two | can work on primaries or secondaries, mainly for flow and engagement (won’t waste my time with grammar and spelling, etc. use grammarly or a chatbot for that) | Google doc only, 1 week turnaround | also very good at SOWVIs and MMIs if you need help with those somehow!

• MEDNERD13|Class of 2026, incoming M2 | Non-traditional | Student Interviewer | Recent formal editing experience and have informally read and edited many personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Open to helping with secondaries | Will have limited availability after July | Can help with content, theme, flow, phrasing, grammar, making sure you answer the prompt etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on'
Inactive readers:
  • chicandtoughness | catching up on current requests | Class of 2027 at UTMB | very non trad, BS Economics + MS Counseling, 10 “gap years”, going to med school in my 30s | previously worked in consulting/banking and mental health; I’m an LPC/LMHC (aka a licensed mental health therapist) | Texas Academic Fresh Start extraordinaire (see my signature), low GPA high MCAT -> 9 IIs, 2 prematches MD, TMDSAS only, full ride scholarship | previously employed as a career counselor and professionally revised resumes, cover letters, college/grad school apps so I might know a thing or two | can work on primaries or secondaries, mainly for flow and engagement (won’t waste my time with grammar and spelling, etc. use grammarly or a chatbot for that) | Google doc only, 1 week turnaround | also very good at SOWVIs and MMIs if you need help with those somehow!

Last edited:
Inactive readers:
  • MEDNERD13|Class of 2026, M2 | Non-traditional | Student Interviewer | Recent formal editing experience and have informally read and edited many personal statements, work/activities sections, and secondaries | Open to helping with secondaries | Sorry, no longer available! | Can help with content, theme, flow, phrasing, grammar, making sure you answer the prompt etc. | Please PM a Google Docs link with 'suggestions on'