Official R-Me-Doc Countdown to Freedom: T-65!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if my calculations are correct, he's down to 65. hopefully he comes through now and again to correct me if i'm wrong.

we'll should all drink a cold and frosty one in his honor when his day arrives :)

anyone else getting near countdown-stage?

--your friendly neighborhood time-keeping caveman

Members don't see this ad.

Homunculus said:
if my calculations are correct, he's down to 65. hopefully he comes through now and again to correct me if i'm wrong.

we'll should all drink a cold and frosty one in his honor when his day arrives :)

anyone else getting near countdown-stage?

--your friendly neighborhood time-keeping caveman

I'm at 1461 and counting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 4 days of clinic left before I start terminal leave, out the door (to wait out the IRR penalty) on June 15!!

Hello,

I am very interested in your thoughts as military physicians on having someone assist them in locating "the perfect civillian doc job". I realize that some will of course wish to return to their home towns or state, I realize that some will find offers magicly appearing from all over materializing in their mailboxes.

I also realize that there are some whom want a job in their idea of paradise.. perhaps thats the Hunting & Fishing world of Alaska, or maby the envision themselves as the guy on the beach with the Ferrari and Cigar boat. Heck you might even want a peaceful country job. I realize that their are close to half a zillion placement services, headhunters, and the like out there, already providing a job Hunt service for those in your field. But the PROBLEM IS THAT THEY JUST CONSIDER YOU ANOTHER NOTCH IN THEIR BELT, A STATISTIC, A WARM BODY TO BE PLACED WHEREEVER IT CAN BE PAWNED OFF. They just want to find you a job so they get the fee. ITS PRETTY IMPERSONAL SERVICE....

IM CONSIDERING DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT..... I am considering creating a company that specializes in your personal idea of what the perfect job would be, considering many factors, and then working tirelessly to find you that one position... in the place, style of medicine, type of people, and enviorment that YOU want to work in.

Its my thoughts that many physicians are either forced into working in an enviorment where they just dont fit in.... such as taking a position for the money and finding out that you cant stand the locale or the people....
I AM THINKING THAT PUTTING SOMEONE INTO THE RIGHT ENVIORMENT THAT MATCHES THEIR PERSONALITY, STYLE, AND LIFESTYLE CONCEPTS TO BEGIN WITH CREATES A MODEL FOR SUCCESS IN THEIR LIFE THAT OFFERS THEM A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF LONG TERM SUCCESS ....... intead of just
taking a job anywere the offer looks good..... BECUASE ILL TELL YOU, IN CIVILIAN LIFE.... YOU ONLY HAVE TO BE AVGERAGE IN YOUR SKILLS TO MAKE IT...BUT IF YOU DONT FIT IN WITH THE LOCALS... SOONER OR LATER THE ENTIRE SITUATION ISNT GOING TO WORK ANYMORE FOR YOU.

I think that can be avoided.

The company im creating will attempt find your fit....AND AT NO CHARGE TO YOU...the employer who you take a position with pays our fee.

I would suggest you start looking a year and half before seperation, most employers search for 1 to 3 years before finding a physican to fill an opening...

Does this sound like it works for you guys in the Military, having someone try to place you as a person, instead of a statistic ?
Pay is always set by the employer, but within specialitys and location..their is always room for negotiation on your part, we will leave that between you and a prospective employer to discuss.
YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT WOULD BE MOST HELPFULL TO YOU IN FINDING CIVILIAN EMPLOYMENT IS OF GREAT INTEREST TO ME... SOUND OFF...