***Official UCLA College of Dentistry c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

dustinbrochill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How come no one has made this yet?

Got a call yesterday morning, sweet.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too!!! Woohoooo!!! I was so happy when I heard Noemi :)

I was also really excited to get the call on the 1st, and If you cannot tell by my avatar, I think I will be there next fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call on Weds too!! I can't wait to go home and get the letter they mailed! :)

Hey, I got my acceptance letter in the mail today offering me the Dean's scholarship. Did anyone else get any scholarships????

Congratulations ash on both the acceptance and scholarship, I have not gotten my acceptance letter yet, but I am out of state. Where are you from?

I am an hour from LA so you should get yours hopefully tomorrow or the next!

Congrats ash! That's awesome. How much is the Dean's worth? Fingers crossed that my letter comes with something along those lines...:xf:

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!! :thumbup:

I got my letter today too, but sadly no free money. hahah

I wonder how/when we will be able to make a deposit though...

Noemi said that we make the deposit online. I figured the instructions would have been in our acceptance packets, but I guess they must come in a separate mailing.

Well the letter did say that the deposit would be made online, but it also said they haven't been able to generate logins for us yet... I hope they get it to us soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome ucb. Does anyone who either went to UCLA or is familiar the area know the best places (apartments) to live?

do you guys know what the chances are for an acceptance at ucla if i got an interview for january? So excited!! Thanks for the help! :)

That's awesome ucb. Does anyone who either went to UCLA or is familiar the area know the best places (apartments) to live?

I'm sort of familiar... and it seems like living anywhere south of Wilshire is a nice place to live. Nice apts for not too expensive (relatively) and is still pretty easy to get to campus using a bus or a shuttle or something.

do you guys know what the chances are for an acceptance at ucla if i got an interview for january? So excited!! Thanks for the help! :)

You have a great chance for acceptance. From what I hear, an interview at ucla pretty much guarantees you a spot. I think about 80% of the students interviewed are offered admissions. The interview is chill and good luck.

Do any post-dec acceptances get the Dean's Scholarship? I would assume they don't, but I figure it is worth asking.

Can't say for sure May, but I would bet that any Regent's/Dean's awards that get declined are available to anyone who's been accepted up to that point. Of course, you're fighting against more admits later on in the cycle...

I got both and I'm still up in the air about everything so you never know which awards are going to get passed on down.

got the dean's but no regents. how much is the regents? is there any way we can appeal for this?

Hey gigawatt, how much is the regents scholarship? And has anyone been able to make the deposit yet?

ashbenash wut were ur stats if u dont mind sharing?:)

Hey gigawatt, how much is the regents scholarship? And has anyone been able to make the deposit yet?

What I got was Dean's as a one-time $10k, and Regent's as a $5k/year renewable for all four years. I haven't gotten my ID number in the mail to make a deposit yet.

What I got was Dean's as a one-time $10k, and Regent's as a $5k/year renewable for all four years. I haven't gotten my ID number in the mail to make a deposit yet.

Ay thanks man and congratulations on the two scholarships.

hopefullyadent, my stats are oGPA 3.93 sGPA3.99 oDAT: 20 TS:22 PAT:19

just made my deposit. so excited!

PS. EVERYONE NEEDS TO JOIN THE FB GROUP

we only have 4 members :(

hopefullyadent, my stats are oGPA 3.93 sGPA3.99 oDAT: 20 TS:22 PAT:19

just made my deposit. so excited!

PS. EVERYONE NEEDS TO JOIN THE FB GROUP

we only have 4 members :(

Don't worry... you'll have plenty of us in the C/O 2014 joining your group soon :) ... Congratulations again!

I just got the call yesterday from Noemi! See you guys in the Fall!

Hi Guys!

So does anyone know what the student morale is like at UCLA? I'm choosing between SF and LA and I've heard from a few sources that student morale is generally low at UCSF. Can anybody answer to this?

Grazie!

I have two uncles who taught at UofP and have had many colleagues from UCLA. They said that UCLA treats their students very well and that overall the students were/are really happy.

I got the same feeling when I interviewed at UCSF, however I only interacted with a few students. Either way I am choosing UCLA.

Good luck with your decision.

I have two uncles who taught at UofP and have had many colleagues from UCLA. They said that UCLA treats their students very well and that overall the students were/are really happy.

I got the same feeling when I interviewed at UCSF, however I only interacted with a few students. Either way I am choosing UCLA.
Can't go wrong with either.

Anyone get a different amount for the Dean's scholarship?

My understanding was that the Dean's is $10k. I dont think UCLA is rich enough to offer a $100k scholarship.

That was my understanding as well... until recently. As I understand it now, the Dean's schol amount is up to his discretion.

i got $100k

We're probably not at liberty to comment on the details of our scholarship until we get formal letters (unless you have already), but I think I'm in a similar situation as you are. Did you get a call from Dean Park recently?

100K.. I doubt it. But if I'm wrong please correct me.

Check out the interview packet and it lists the range of awards distributed to the first year students of 2009/2010

100K.. I doubt it. But if I'm wrong please correct me.

Check out the interview packet and it lists the range of awards distributed to the first year students of 2009/2010

Well, i can't exactly speak for hopefullyadent, but i can assure you that an applicant can receive a Dean's of greater than 10k. While the vast majority of them are 10k, the scholarship is ultimately at the dean's discretion. For example, my schol is renewable instead of one-time (much like the regent's is). I'll update you guys on the exact numbers if anyone wants to know after i receive the formal letter. At this point, i only know this info from over the phone.

And yeah, I was very skeptical too when I heard it. I have never heard of any student receive greater than 10k+5k(renewable).

Got an invite for an interview mid-Feb. So stoked!!!!

I thought UCLA might be a long shot because I'm out of state so I didn't set myself too hard on it. But now considering their interest and after doing more research on the school I clearly believe that UCLA is my #1. I really like Columbia too but I think overall UCLA is more in line with my goals of eventually practicing somewhere on the West.

Well, i can't exactly speak for hopefullyadent, but i can assure you that an applicant can receive a Dean's of greater than 10k. While the vast majority of them are 10k, the scholarship is ultimately at the dean's discretion. For example, my schol is renewable instead of one-time (much like the regent's is). I'll update you guys on the exact numbers if anyone wants to know after i receive the formal letter. At this point, i only know this info from over the phone.

And yeah, I was very skeptical too when I heard it. I have never heard of any student receive greater than 10k+5k(renewable).

:eek: Yikes! $100K?! I can't believe what I got even goes by the same name :laugh:

What's the update, uclaDDS101? Did you get a formal award yet?

:eek: Yikes! $100K?! I can't believe what I got even goes by the same name :laugh:

What's the update, uclaDDS101? Did you get a formal award yet?

Yea, I got the formal letter a little while ago. I'll be getting full tuition every year from my Dean's schol plus whatever I get every year from (<$5000) the Regent's schol. So it's around $140K total I think..

Damn UCLADDS101... That is insane. Congrats man.

Does that mean your going to stay Bruin?