***Official University of Iowa Class of 2019 Thread***

Interviewing next week on Oct. 29th! Beyond excited! If anyone else is interviewing on this date, let me know! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@CleverThought Do you know how Iowa will inform us on December 1? Email? Call? Also, from your experience are they pretty quick to notify us on December 1? I seriously can't wait. I'm tripping.

@CleverThought Do you know how Iowa will inform us on December 1? Email? Call? Also, from your experience are they pretty quick to notify us on December 1? I seriously can't wait. I'm tripping.

I woke up to an email from them at 7 am, so I think they send them shortly after midnight :D

Best of luck!

My AADSAS updated to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school" from "Invited for Interview" this morning. I'm so anxious for December 1st to get here!

My AADSAS updated to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school" from "Invited for Interview" this morning. I'm so anxious for December 1st to get here!

Mine too! The mystery begins...

Mine still says "Invited for Interview..."

:xf: I hope it changes soon, if it's for a good reason.

So guys, I did some cyber-stalking and looked at Iowa's page from last year. Those that got their status changed to "check back on Dec. 2nd" got an acceptance that day and those who still had "Invited for Interview" were either waitlisted or rejected. Fortunately, someone from the waitlist did get accepted later, so it's not the end of the world. Now I REALLY hope my status changes soon. I interviewed late October so I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to my file yet. :nailbiting:

Let's hope history repeats itself then! I'm rooting for you, sharky! :)

Long time stalker of these pages and they have been really helpful! Iowa is my number one and axiously awaiting a status update! Do you guys know if they only do one update for the "check back"? or will they progressively go through files in the next week. @CleverThought any info on the subject! Thanks!

Long time stalker of these pages and they have been really helpful! Iowa is my number one and axiously awaiting a status update! Do you guys know if they only do one update for the "check back"? or will they progressively go through files in the next week. @CleverThought any info on the subject! Thanks!

From your username, I'm guessing your OOS? I am too and I interviewed in October. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who've had a status change! Are you guys in state or OOS?

I would also be interested in hearing if they do status changes all at once, or if they go in order of when people applied. Any other in-staters with "invited for interview" status still?

Also - we are looking at the AADSAS portal and not Iowa's ISIS, correct?

I would also be interested in hearing if they do status changes all at once, or if they go in order of when people applied. Any other in-staters with "invited for interview" status still?

Also - we are looking at the AADSAS portal and not Iowa's ISIS, correct?

My status change was on AADSAS.
ISIS is still "In Progress"

Jophiel and LabCoats, when did you guys interview? I'm wondering if they're updating the status changes in order of when you interviewed. Has anyone else had a status update? I'm an in-stater and no status update.

I interviewed October 9th

I interviewed the following Friday (17th). No status update. OOS. Im hoping they are still working next week since Thanksgiving break started for their undergrad students.

Sorry! I don't know this answer for sure! If memory serves me correctly, I had interviewed 2 or so months before my friend (and now classmate) and we had status changes at different times.

Anyone else with status changes yet?

I don't have a status change yet. I'm OOS and interviewed 10/17. o_O

hey guys got the status change this morning! This must be the second round of status changes because I was going crazy before! I'm in state and interview on the very first date 9/19 i think

I got a status change too! I'm in state as well. I interviewed on 10/17.

Did anyones status update today?

Not mine, I'm still "invited for interview". Does this mean I didn't get in? I was pretty confident before this past week, but now i don't know what to think..

Not mine, I'm still "invited for interview". Does this mean I didn't get in? I was pretty confident before this past week, but now i don't know what to think..

I was pretty confident as well. But at least Im not alone in this anxiety.

Hey I'm a D1 at Iowa. Just wanted to clear something up - if you don't have the status change something to the effect of "check back on Dec 1st", it does not mean that you will not be accepted. It just means you likely won't hear anything tomorrow. Only about 1/3 of the class will be filled tomorrow. Other acceptances will come in the following weeks. So it just means more waiting time, but definitely isn't anything to read into, as there will still be some 50+ offers to be made after tomorrow.

Best of luck to all of you. I love Iowa's college of dentistry. It's a great school with very helpful and caring professors. I have been told by dentists all around the country that Iowa prepares dentists as well or better as any other program in the nation.

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody get an email? I've been looking at last year's thread and last year people started getting them shortly after midnight.

WooooHooooo!
Got an email offer from Elaine Brown at 5:15am!!
So happy!

OOS!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
AH ITS OFFICIAL!!!! So shocked and excited!! Can't wait to meet everyone and best of luck to all!

Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Can't wait to meet you all in August!

Beyond stoked to be a part of the 2019 Class! I can't wait to meet everybody!

Hey I'm a D1 at Iowa. Just wanted to clear something up - if you don't have the status change something to the effect of "check back on Dec 1st", it does not mean that you will not be accepted. It just means you likely won't hear anything tomorrow. Only about 1/3 of the class will be filled tomorrow. Other acceptances will come in the following weeks. So it just means more waiting time, but definitely isn't anything to read into, as there will still be some 50+ offers to be made after tomorrow.

Is there anything I could be doing in the meantime to better my chances? I hate just waiting, especially because this school is my top choice. I also don't want to annoy them by constantly asking about my admissions status haha

I got the email at 3am :) while working on my thesis lol! supa stoked!

Is there anything I could be doing in the meantime to better my chances? I hate just waiting, especially because this school is my top choice. I also don't want to annoy them by constantly asking about my admissions status haha
It's a personal preference, to be honest. I always tried to put myself in Elaine's shoes- what would I want to see/hear from a candidate? At this point, as early in the game as it is, I think I'd wait it out. I was there last year so I know that is much easier said than done, but here's the deal: if you want to become a dentist, it will happen. Try to remember that. Most likely, many of you will hear good news soon. But even if you don't, I guarantee you that if you keep working hard and try to better yourself every single day, you will one day enter dental school way ahead of your classmates. It may have taken some of my classmates a year or two longer, but some of them have used that time to get so far ahead of those of us who entered straight out of undergrad.

So to conclude that rant, I guess I would just tell you to focus on yourself- how can you continue to prepare yourself for your future profession?

Accepted via email yesterday at 6:15 a.m. OOS, thought this was my worst interview... :laugh:

How many spots do you guys think have been offered so far? I remember reading earlier that they usually fill a third of the spots on Dec 1. Do you guys think that's the case this year? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure at the interview they said something along the lines of 1/3 of the class getting accepted Dec. 1 and then the rest (especially in-state) will hear more mid-December. So hopefully there are still quite a few seats left!

Does anyone remember when schollys get sent out and if theyre available for in state students?

Hi All! Will someone be starting a facebook site for our class? I know there is one from last year. Might be nice to connect names with faces. :)

I'm pretty sure at the interview they said something along the lines of 1/3 of the class getting accepted Dec. 1 and then the rest (especially in-state) will hear more mid-December. So hopefully there are still quite a few seats left!

Agreed, thanks!