Official Usmle Step 1 Booklist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chandler

24 hour Call
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have posted Ramoray's USMLE STEP 1 book list below, and I will add my book list when it is completed. For the rest of the SDNers, post your booklist for your upcoming Step 1. This thread will help future SDN medical students be familiar with what books SDNers used to study for Step 1. So, PLEASE POST the books you are planning to use for Step 1 (even if it is just First Aid). The more people that volunteer, the better it will help the future SDNers.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAMORAY'S BOOKLIST

Well i must say thank god for sdn, i remember not finding sdn until after i took my mcat and there were so many things differently i would have done- so many things i found out that i didnt know about so with that said i thank everyone for their criticism and constant tips and advice to everyone on their board. I was origially going to study withalot of big books for the boards and after alot of advice and posts i came to a realization i was going to be setting myself up for failure on the step so i have finalized a set of books and Qs i am going to use for 8 weeks of boards study and i wanted to see if anyone had any comments either yay or nay about them just to make sure i am not wasting my time. I have already went through each along with classes as well so its not like ill be seeing them for the first time. anyway-
BRS Path
Lange micro/immuno review
Lippincott Pharm
Costanzo Stars Physio
Lippincott biochem
BRS Neuro( i know its thick but i used it with class so its all annoted etc.)
HY anatomy, molec bio and embryo
BRS Beh. Sci.

Questions in order of importance which i plan to do all roughly 8000 questions
Robbins path review
Qbank
NMS questions
Qbook
Appleton lange Qs
Rapid Review Qs
Blue Prints Qs

So if i follow that and do all those Qs for 8 weeks, would that be an efficient yet successful plan that is not a waste of time? any suggestions other than incoportaing FA into the routine? thanks for the continued critique and advice from everyone.OFFICIAL USMLE STEP 1 BOOKLIST

Members don't see this ad.

"...As for how did I have time to do all these question I learned from Big frank and idio that those guys started like nov and dec of second year."

I keep reading about "Big Frank" helping a lot of SDN-ers plan for step I in the past. Did he post some sort of study guide to Step I? If someone knows where I could find it, it sounds very helpful.

I have a quastion regarding all these review books, are they sufficient for someone have just graduated (IMG)? I'm really worried, I feel I have to go to all my old BIG text books again to remmember everything!!
Some say If I take the Kaplan lecture notes or the live lectures, i'll be back on the track

"...As for how did I have time to do all these question I learned from Big frank and idio that those guys started like nov and dec of second year."

I keep reading about "Big Frank" helping a lot of SDN-ers plan for step I in the past. Did he post some sort of study guide to Step I? If someone knows where I could find it, it sounds very helpful.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=132554

see posts #5 and #6

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow...this forum is HUGE! I have spent enough time here to be freaking out about step one already...good to get that out of the way early I guess:) Anyway I have what I think is a decent book list but before I finalize it I would sure like to hear what y'all think. Thanks a million!!

I plan to use:
First Aid
BRS Path
BRS Physio
Micro Redic Simple
Lange Pharm Charts
and I am debating HY Brain and behavior or HY biostats...
Also I know Big Frank mentioned HY Cell bio/Mol Bio as being awesome...any thoughts would really help me out!!

Thanks again!

Wow...this forum is HUGE! I have spent enough time here to be freaking out about step one already...good to get that out of the way early I guess:) Anyway I have what I think is a decent book list but before I finalize it I would sure like to hear what y'all think. Thanks a million!!

I plan to use:
First Aid
BRS Path
BRS Physio
Micro Redic Simple
Lange Pharm Charts
and I am debating HY Brain and behavior or HY biostats...
Also I know Big Frank mentioned HY Cell bio/Mol Bio as being awesome...any thoughts would really help me out!!

Thanks again!

booklist looks good, but I can't comment unless you told us more about:
1. what kind of score you are shooting for in Step 1?
3. when do u plan to take the test e.g. right after 2nd year is over, or after several rotations?
4. any subjects/topics that you are particularly weak in?

booklist looks good, but I can't comment unless you told us more about:
1. what kind of score you are shooting for in Step 1?
3. when do u plan to take the test e.g. right after 2nd year is over, or after several rotations?
4. any subjects/topics that you are particularly weak in?

As for score, I guess I had not thought beyond trying for the best score possible. Should I have a specific goal beyond that?

The test will be this may... 2nd year ends apr 11, board date may 9th

As for particular weakness, I think that I am pretty well rounded...no particular excellence but no complete deficits either. I find memrization challenging to micro was a little problematic, and pharm is always a challenge, but I have gotten through pretty well so far. I haven't reviewed the specific biochem/molecular in a while so I will need to focus on that...

Thanks alot!

well, the booklist looks perfect for a 4 week prep. i would have recommended a review series (e.g. Kaplan) if you had more time. i think u should check out Robbins Review of pathology (at least the comprehensive exam, if you don't have time for the whole book). Good choice on HY behavioral sciences. just make sure u dont end up spending almost all of the time on reading the books; doing questions should also be a priority.

good luck

well, the booklist looks perfect for a 4 week prep. i would have recommended a review series (e.g. Kaplan) if you had more time. i think u should check out Robbins Review of pathology (at least the comprehensive exam, if you don't have time for the whole book). Good choice on HY behavioral sciences. just make sure u dont end up spending almost all of the time on reading the books; doing questions should also be a priority.

good luck

Hey...Thanks alot!! One other general question. What about High Yield Embryo... I've seen varying opinions on here...some say its good, others say that FA is enough...? Thanks alot!!

Hey...Thanks alot!! One other general question. What about High Yield Embryo... I've seen varying opinions on here...some say its good, others say that FA is enough...? Thanks alot!!

I used Kaplan and HY Embryo (and surprisingly, Kaplan had more info than HY). But for the few embryo questions that I had on my test, FA would have been enough.

I was wondering what you think about my booklist for Step 1. I have 6 weeks after school is out before boards but would like to get through all the subjects once between now and the end of school (2hrs/day?). I am shooting for a 240 ;)

FA-know it cold but use as only source for Pharm, Anat, Behav Sci, Embryo
Path-BRS, Robbin Qs, Webpath (maybe baby Robbins??)
BRS-Physio
HY-Cell & mol bio, Histo, Biochem, Biostat, Micro (cut any?)
BRS Neuro (is this overkill?, whats a good source?)
Qbanks-Kaplan Qreview, Appleton/Lange, (either USMLEWorld or USMLERx?, which is better?)

Plus I am going to buy the Kaplan Home study so please if Kaplan is better in a subject than a book I have let me know. I am willing to buy any book or Qbank and cut out any book. I know I have a crap ton of material, I just need to find out the good ones for each subject.

I also have BRS & HY Behav, Lippincott Biochem, CMMRS but wasn't planning on using them.

Thanks so much

I was wondering what you think about my booklist for Step 1. I have 6 weeks after school is out before boards but would like to get through all the subjects once between now and the end of school (2hrs/day?). I am shooting for a 240 ;)

BRS-Physio
Qbanks-Kaplan Qreview, Appleton/Lange, (either USMLEWorld or USMLERx?, which is better?)

Plus I am going to buy the Kaplan Home study so please if Kaplan is better in a subject than a book I have let me know. I am willing to buy any book or Qbank and cut out any book. I know I have a crap ton of material, I just need to find out the good ones for each subject.

I also have BRS & HY Behav, Lippincott Biochem, CMMRS but wasn't planning on using them.

Thanks so much

Kaplan Home Study substitutes for ALL of these books except FA and Robins Review of Pathology. I don't know much about the Appleton and Lange review Qbank, but I do know that doing both Kaplan Qbank and USMLEWorld (when nicely complemented by NBMEs) has helped many students get 240+.

Good Luck

BRS-Physio

Thanks so much
You do not really need HY Histo, Biochem, Biostat or Micro. HY Cell&Mol Bio is a must. HY Behav Sci is a good source - not strictly necessary, though. I do not think many people have used BRS Neuro - I have not, either, and do not think it was necessary for my test. UsmleWorld is an excellent source of practice qs - do not use them to estimate your score, though, as most real test qs are not as difficult. Use UW to learn material and gain better understanding. CMMRS is an excellent resource, but not strictly necessary: FA is enough. I do not regret using CMMRS, though, as it helped me to remember the material better. Lippincott Biochem is overkill. FA is enough for biochem; only use Lippincott if you need some serious refreshing to do. Consider Goljan for pathology to supplement BRS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an MS-1 and plan on starting this spring break so here it goes:

Kaplan’s USMLE step 1 Q book- spring, summer, winter 08
High yield Neuroanatomy-spring 08
High yield Behavioral sciences-spring 08
USMLE road map Pharmacology-spring 08
High yield Biochemistry-summer 08
High yield embryology-summer 08
High yield Anatomy-summer 08
Deja Review Histology and Medical cell biology-summer 08
Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple-summer 08
High yield Immunology-summer 08
BRS Pathology-winter 08
BRS Physiology-winter 08
First Aid for the USMLE step 1-spring, summer 09
First Aid Q MAX-spring, summer 09

I am in the process of figuring out how I will be studying for this test, and there are so many different books and permutations that I am completely at a loss. My question is this: In an attempt to simplify this process, would the Kaplan 4 book home study deal be sufficient if supplemented with First Aid as a final review, and USMLEworld Qbank for questions? Also, for anyone who is familiar with the Kaplan books, how much material is it? Will I be able to get through it all in 4-5 weeks of intense studying? Thanks for any assistance...

I am in the process of figuring out how I will be studying for this test, and there are so many different books and permutations that I am completely at a loss. My question is this: In an attempt to simplify this process, would the Kaplan 4 book home study deal be sufficient if supplemented with First Aid as a final review, and USMLEworld Qbank for questions? Also, for anyone who is familiar with the Kaplan books, how much material is it? Will I be able to get through it all in 4-5 weeks of intense studying? Thanks for any assistance...

the Kaplan Home Study series are EXCELLENT. they will guarantee you an excellent score, but in order to do that you will have to read them in detail at least twice. now i don't know what 'intense studying' means for you, but 4-5wks probably wont be enough for thorough runs over FA, Kaplan and USMLEWorld. if you can stretch it to 7-8wks then it is definitely doable, and you will definitely be impressed with your score.

Good Luck

Im taking my test 5 weeks after my last final. We have a shelf for path and behavioral so if figure ill get a good handle on those two. so far my study aids are
Fa
Goljan RR
Goljan audio
brs phys
hy molec cell 99
hy neuro
prob uslmeworld bc cheaper and i learn a lot from answer explanations
is this enough? i kinda get freaked out if i have too many sources but i want to make sure ive got enought info. im not trying for a sdn 260 but i want to break 230. i do have a little trouble memorizing, im much better at grasping concepts. my grades for the first two years are slightly above the average prob mid 80's. Any advice or suggestions from previous takers would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot

I've been reading a bunch of these posts, and why do people choose "hy molec cell the 99 edition"? Are the newer editions not as good?

Im taking my test 5 weeks after my last final. We have a shelf for path and behavioral so if figure ill get a good handle on those two. so far my study aids are
Fa
Goljan RR
Goljan audio
brs phys
hy molec cell 99
hy neuro
prob uslmeworld bc cheaper and i learn a lot from answer explanations
is this enough? i kinda get freaked out if i have too many sources but i want to make sure ive got enought info. im not trying for a sdn 260 but i want to break 230. i do have a little trouble memorizing, im much better at grasping concepts. my grades for the first two years are slightly above the average prob mid 80's. Any advice or suggestions from previous takers would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot

I think I'm in the exact same situation as you. Same books, scores, and goal. Any advice for the 'not rote memorizer but concept graspers' of the world?

I've been reading a bunch of these posts, and why do people choose "hy molec cell the 99 edition"? Are the newer editions not as good?

From what i've gathered, the 99 version is a much more 'high-yield' version of the book than the newer ones. Newer editions seem to be bogged down with too much information and thus detracts from the original 'high yield' goal.

Granted, i haven't taken the boards yet, so perhaps someone else can weigh in?

There's a whole thread discussing this here.

Basically a recommendation from a high-scoring SDNer *cough-jeebus-cough* plus med student obsessiveness and board anxiety = a highly sought after and extremely overpriced book

Hey if you guys who have taken the test recently wouldn't mind advising, here's my list thus far:
MSII shooting for a 240, class ranking about an 80%ile but not at an exactly elite school.

I already have:
FA (06 version, should still be good right?)
Micro Made Rid Simple (Maybe just as a backup to FA in this area?)

I was planning on getting:
Path - RR, maybe the Robbins Review also
Physio - BRS (? this seems almost unanimously reccommended)
Pharm - Katzung/Trevor Review (Overkill?)
HY Behavioral (Overkill again?)

Unsure about what to do for:
Biochem - (I didn't do so hot in this class as a MSI...)
Anatomy -
Embryo -
Histo / Pathhisto -?

Thanks in advance!

Hey if you guys who have taken the test recently wouldn't mind advising, here's my list thus far:
MSII shooting for a 240, class ranking about an 80%ile but not at an exactly elite school.

I already have:
FA (06 version, should still be good right?)
Micro Made Rid Simple (Maybe just as a backup to FA in this area?)

I was planning on getting:
Path - RR, maybe the Robbins Review also
Physio - BRS (? this seems almost unanimously reccommended)
Pharm - Katzung/Trevor Review (Overkill?)
HY Behavioral (Overkill again?)

Unsure about what to do for:
Biochem - (I didn't do so hot in this class as a MSI...)
Anatomy -
Embryo -
Histo / Pathhisto -?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my advice:
-get FA 2008 (unless you really don't have $40).
-the words 'Robbins Review' and 'maybe" should never be used in the same sentence. IMHO, you HAVE to do Robbins Review. it will also suffice for the histo/pathhisto which you are unsure what to do about.
-HY Behavioral is NOT an overkill. Behavioral is a weak subject for most people, and it is definitely tested in Step 1. HY behavioral is a great book for this subject.
-for anatomy, i didn't like either BRS or HY. I ended up looking through my anatomy notes from MS1. maybe someone else can help u with this.

also, what qbanks do you have lined up? i hope that USMLEWorld and the NBMEs are part of your plans.

Yep, I am planning on USMLEWorld and the NBMEs. I have the Kaplan QBook and mini Qbook from a year or two back that I picked up for like 5 bucks at the beginning of the year. Forgot to mention those!

Is the 2008 FA really that much different? I'm not really sweating the cash or anything, it just didn't seem changed much upon first glance. I really only looked briefly though.

Anyone with thoughts on the BRS Physio, my Pharm choice, and biochem and embryo?

Thanks again!

Yep, I am planning on USMLEWorld and the NBMEs. I have the Kaplan QBook and mini Qbook from a year or two back that I picked up for like 5 bucks at the beginning of the year. Forgot to mention those!

Is the 2008 FA really that much different? I'm not really sweating the cash or anything, it just didn't seem changed much upon first glance. I really only looked briefly though.

Anyone with thoughts on the BRS Physio, my Pharm choice, and biochem and embryo?

Thanks again!

The 2008 First Aid does have some significant changes. There's a new psychiatry chapter and overall it's thicker.

What're the thoughts about BRS vs. HY in Biochem/MolecBio/BS/Anatomy?

For Path I've already got BRS, probably get that Robbins question book soon enough and Goljan soon from some upperclassmen.
I've got MMRS for Micro.
BRS Physio
I've got Lippincott's for Biochem but it sounds like that's overkill.

The basic gist of what I'm hearing is that FA more or less covers Pharm, probably Anatomy as well.

So I'm just trying to figure out what to consider to round that out. I've got the FA Q&A book and I'll end up getting Kaplan and USMLEWorld qbanks when I've got a little more time to do questions. Maybe I'll get that newer edition of HY MolBio even if it does have more useless crap in it. Just trying to see what the current thoughts are on the subjects where there's not a clear-cut must-buy study aid.

Has anyone used the "pretest" question series to study for the boards? I use them to study for NBME tests and they help. I heard that they are too much for the board. Any ideas?

Has anyone used the "pretest" question series to study for the boards? I use them to study for NBME tests and they help. I heard that they are too much for the board. Any ideas?

From what I've done in the pretest series, I think they are way too long and overdone. And their question format is not a very good representation of what would be on the boards either. There are much more better question books out there.

I would suggest Kaplan Qbook and Robbins Review MCQ book.

I'm a first year and I wanted to start preparing for Step 1 this summer, but I'm not sure which books to buy. The big advantage of the BRS books are the questions, which I learn more from than just outlines of topics. But are the BRS questions actually reflective of Step 1 questions, or are they just easy questions that are rehashing the topics covered in the associated chapters?

I wonder if I should maybe stick to more concise outlines like High Yield and start doing topical questions from QBank or USMLE World.

Any ideas?

I'm a first year and I wanted to start preparing for Step 1 this summer, but I'm not sure which books to buy. The big advantage of the BRS books are the questions, which I learn more from than just outlines of topics. But are the BRS questions actually reflective of Step 1 questions, or are they just easy questions that are rehashing the topics covered in the associated chapters?

I wonder if I should maybe stick to more concise outlines like High Yield and start doing topical questions from QBank or USMLE World.

Any ideas?

Enjoy your summer.

Okay here is mine. Keep in mind I'm a *******, who forgets where I park my car twice a day, once in the morning, and again after school. I'm always walking around the parking lot trying to remember where I parked my car and what level. So I need massive amounts of repetition and questions to retain anything. Also that I've read all these books once already while following along these subjects in class. So hopefully when I get out of school these books won't be to hard to review.

hey.. m new here to this forum, as well as to d world f mle.. im a 3rd yr from india, and have just decided on taking the MLE... any advice would be welcome... thnx :)
ps: iv gone thru a lot f forumz here bt there are so many contradictory posts that me mind is jst tooooooooo boggled.. hehe...

Date of Board exam: 06/06
study time: 5 wks after school ends
try to shoot for around 230+
booklist:

FA FA FA FA FA for everything!
Path: BRS, RR Goljan + audio (won't try to read the whole RR book but read BRS more in details)
Pharm: not sure yet (Kaplan lecture notes?/ TA review notes with FA --> type out relevant drug lists (MAO, disease treated and toxicity))
Biochem/Genetics: kaplan lecture note
Immuno: not sure yet
Micro: Kaplan lecture
Embryo: HY Embryo
Anatomy: HY anatomy (X-ray slides)
Neuro: HY neuroanatomy
Behavior: BRS
Physio: BRS

As for Q's, just going to do the Qbank!

my undergrad background is Biochem and I think I have a pretty strong background in immuno so I am trying not to spend too much time on those subjects. Heard Anatomy, embryo, neuro, behavior and physio will be covered pretty good by those HY or BRS books. The areas that I am not sure about studying are Pharm, immuno and micro. I am trying really hard not to overkill things coz' I know I have that tendency of being too bogged down by details. Any suggestions? or just in general about my book list?

thanks!

I'm trying to keep my book list as simple as possible... for a guy who has a lot of ground to make up in the 5 weeks I have to prepare but still would like to hit 230.

Books
1. FA
2. Goljan's RR Path
3. BRS Phys
4. Kaplan's Home Study Books (for Biochem)
5. HY Cell/Molec '99
6. HY Behavior

Subject/Book
Anat/embryo/neuro: FA (with a quick review of the blue boxes from RR Anatomy)
Biochem: Kaplan first 2 weeks for understanding, FA last 3 weeks for review
Phys: BRS, FA during systems review
Path: RR, FA (using RR more toward the beginning, FA almost exclusively toward the end)
Pharm: FA
Micro: FA (maybe some MMRS for the pics, since I used that for class)
Behavior: HY, FA

Questions:
I actually have free USMLERx and free Kaplan Qbank. I will purchase UWorld soon.

I want to do all the UWorld questions random/timed, but I will use Rx and Kaplan some for system/subject specific review.

I'm not sure if I should get the Robbin's Qbook or not.

Miscellaneous:
Goljan Audio Lectures
Lippincott's Step One Recall Audio
Wikipedia
Coffee

Quick question from an OCD fool:

If I purchase FA 2008 for my first year this August, and begin making notes in it during the year, how much will I be losing by having those notes in the '08 version, and will I be hurt by not buying the 2009 version as well?

I am a MS1. I don't want to just refresh on the courses that I have taken. with that said, I was wondering which books to use. I got FA, BRS physio, BRS biochem. should I get roadmap or HY for anatomy, embroyo, and histology?

How much do the subject review books (HY, BRS) change from edition to edition. Is it worth getting the newest versions?

How much do the subject review books (HY, BRS) change from edition to edition. Is it worth getting the newest versions?

From what I've seen not much
1) paying for a new book $40
2) paying for a previous edition about $10 and they have gone through a gauntlet of student review not to mention corrections that you should be able to access from the publisher's website, they are tried and tested

New editions may have a few new things like a chart or two and maybe new colored pages but nothing to warrant paying full price, but do what whatever makes you feel good I always say

Beyond singing FA praises, here are some other recommendations I have: [removed].

Honestly though, as mentioned on another thread, "Know FA, Know peace." It's really that simple.

-Scrub

Last edited by a moderator:
How are the pharmacology cards by Brenner? The product had a decent grade in the back of First Aid. Tell me what you all think!

Here is my advice:

IMHO, you HAVE to do Robbins Review.

If I don't do Robbins Review (which I absolutely am NOT planning to use), will it be that bad?

And when you say Robbins Review, are you referring to the huge textbook?

I'm just planning to use the-already-dense RR Goljan path book.

If I don't do Robbins Review (which I absolutely am NOT planning to use), will it be that bad?

And when you say Robbins Review, are you referring to the huge textbook?

I'm just planning to use the-already-dense RR Goljan path book.

I think he's referring to Robbins' Review of Pathology which is a book of questions that go along with the Pathologic Basis of Disease. They're really good questions and require pretty in-depth knowledge about the pathology of disease. I wouldn't say that it's absolutely required, especially if you're planning on answering 2000+ questions with a Qbank, but it is another solid resource.

How are the pharmacology cards by Brenner? The product had a decent grade in the back of First Aid. Tell me what you all think!

I used to own the pharmacology cards by Brenner and think they're pretty terrible. Not only does the set lack many drugs, often times the mechanism of action or other important information is very topical. If you really want a comprehensive set of pharmacology cards I recommend PharmCards. The level of detail might be a bit higher than Step 1 necessitates, but if you'd like a nice reference when going through FA or whatnot, these are great.

I think he's referring to Robbins' Review of Pathology which is a book of questions that go along with the Pathologic Basis of Disease. They're really good questions and require pretty in-depth knowledge about the pathology of disease. I wouldn't say that it's absolutely required, especially if you're planning on answering 2000+ questions with a Qbank, but it is another solid resource.
Nice. :thumbup:

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I hope to get done with the USMLE soon. As an IMG (international medical graduate?), this is all alien to me.

How important is the Kaplan set of lecture notes for study? Can I do equally well with High Yield for all + BRS Physio + BRS Patho + FA + Micro made ridiculously simple?

Is having Kaplan notes a big advantage (I won't be attending/watching the lectures)? They are difficult to get hold of ($500?). Also, is having the 2008/9 edition a big difference from the 2004 edition?

Thanks!

the Kaplan Home Study series are EXCELLENT. they will guarantee you an excellent score, but in order to do that you will have to read them in detail at least twice.

It looks like these books are kind of spendy, but when I consider the thousands of other books I could purchase individually its not so bad. Having (almost) all of the details together in one set of references is very tempting (I am the type that can overwhelm themself with too many resources). It is my sense that a Kaplan course such as CenterPrep, or Webprep might be unnecessary or inefficient (when compared to the just the Home Study books) for someone that is otherwise motivated. What do you think? Thanks..

->BRS books or High-yield series?
->Best question books for prep?
->Is there any update for the recommended books? (b/c most posts are really old)
->If I forgot a lot of what I learned throughout medical school, should I be rereading the big text books or are these review books sufficient?

I have mostly all the BRS books and no high-yield series, i stuck to BRS because I accidently purchased both BRS and High yield embryology and they were exactly the same word to word. So is BRS okay or should I now get the high yield series? I have about a year more before I write the step 1, but want to start getting the books when the opportunity arises. And also, for a student who has studied throughout med school, but hasnt retained much and has forgotten most, after the tests and exams, do you still recommend these books?
Thanks. P.S. I read most of the posts in this thread, but they are dated really far back, is there any update since then in recommended books?

Thank you.

Have:

- FA
- BRS Physio
- HY Neuro
- HY Behavioral

Deciding on/will buy/please comment:

- RR Path or BRS Path (maybe get both, use BRS throughout the yr and add RR during last 5 wks for comprehension????)
- Goljan audio - if I do the audio, should I get the RR book?
- Clinical Micro made RS

Thinking of adding (but afraid of overkill):

- RR Biochem
- HY Molec/Cell Bio

I want a high score, but I need to know what to cut in case I lose my sanity. Also, PLEASE let me know if I am leaving something out here! Any and all opinions welcome!!

THANKS!:)

Have:

- FA
- BRS Physio
- HY Neuro
- HY Behavioral

Deciding on/will buy/please comment:

- RR Path or BRS Path (maybe get both, use BRS throughout the yr and add RR during last 5 wks for comprehension????)
- Goljan audio - if I do the audio, should I get the RR book?
- Clinical Micro made RS

Thinking of adding (but afraid of overkill):

- RR Biochem
- HY Molec/Cell Bio

I want a high score, but I need to know what to cut in case I lose my sanity. Also, PLEASE let me know if I am leaving something out here! Any and all opinions welcome!!

THANKS!:)

How much time do you have? If you get the Goljan audio you don't need the text. I also liked BRS Path and didn't use Goljan. Biochem is not that high yield and if you already had the class I wouldn't read through the RR book since there are more important things to study. Same deal with molecular bio. You should still remember a lot of the stuff that was covered during your courses.