Ohio Sate Secondary Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jason110

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The second essay for the Ohio State secondary asks:

"In the space provided, describe your motivation for a career in medicine and experiences you have had that helped confirm this desire. Please avoid using contractions and quotations. 2750 characters max."

Isn't this just a re-hashing of the AMCAS personal statement (at least for me it would seem like it). What are people doing for this? Are you guys cutting your personal statement to fit the length requirement.

I plan on writing a newessay for this, but it wouldn't say anything new from the AMCAS personal statement. My AMCAS PS focused on motivation/experiences. Any thoughts?

Jason

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a rehash? Absolutely not. Surely you've had more than one experience that made you want to be a doctor? This secondary is a great way to flesh out the profile that you started to create in the initial essay - with just 5300 characters there, you surely weren't able to tell the whole story.

There's some free writing tips on our website that you might find helpful as you tackle this secondary, and the others as well.

Good luck!