Ohio Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fivescrew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the completely dumb question but does anyone know where I can see the current tuition amounts for the podiatry school in Ohio? I looked their site up and down and either it's not there or I'm not seeing it.

Starting to think I won't make a good Podiatrist since I can't even find the tuition :)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for the completely dumb question but does anyone know where I can see the current tuition amounts for the podiatry school in Ohio? I looked their site up and down and either it's not there or I'm not seeing it.

Starting to think I won't make a good Podiatrist since I can't even find the tuition :)

Thanks

Yeah, I don't think it's posted on their website, but if you scroll to the bottom of page one of this document it gives you tuition for 2008-2009 school year, or $26k plus other expenses.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...zFnF8Z&sig=AHIEtbQMJowRXt4sexiVmjUNAkkU7YKACQ

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a little steep.

Thanks for the information.

That's a little steep.

They're all going to be right around that range. Don't worry about the money. The nice thing about going to professional schools is that banks tend to think getting a doctorate degree is a good investment so you should be able to get the loans. Realistically, $5k more a year isn't going to matter much if you like the school more. If you like the school, go there!

I'm trying to swing something with just federal loans and my GI Bill but that's still a lot of money.

I'm drowning in information concerning this all right now. Undergrad I didn't have to do anything. Enrolled as a veteran and never saw a bill but this is a whole different ball game.

Thanks for the info and words of encouragement.

typically to make money you have to spend a little money. The tuition for OCPM isn't too bad. I think Temple is the highest. The cost of living in Cleveland is cheap in comparison to where all the other schools are located (except for Des Moines which is the cheapest in cost of living).

typically to make money you have to spend a little money. .

True. I'm not set on OCPM by any means, I just couldn't easily find tuition information like I could the other schools. We have a DPM in the family that went to school in Ohio so I'm family-obligated to at least check it out somewhat.

I hear it's a great school that recently got more "high tech". I have some printed material coming in the mail, interested in seeing and learning more.

I have another question if anybody could help. Do Podiatric Medical Schools fall in the same category as all other schools in terms of loan limits? I understand that Stafford loans give you a lifetime limit of around 224,000 but it just says that's for "medical students"

I have another question if anybody could help. Do Podiatric Medical Schools fall in the same category as all other schools in terms of loan limits? I understand that Stafford loans give you a lifetime limit of around 224,000 but it just says that's for "medical students"

here's a good page that summarizes it for you:

http://www.dmu.edu/fa/loan_info/

Thanks a lot. This loan stuff is confusing. In your opinion, if someone has good credit and has never borrowed before for undergrad will they have any problems borrowing enough for tuition?

I plan on paying for everything else out of pocket, just want the loans to pay tuition.

That should be no problem.. I'm in the same situation, and I had no issues with getting loans.