Ok, need some help on this........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the Dean of Admissions from a school I applied to is coming to my school to talk to the pre-dental society tommorow. I have interviewed at that school, but am "still under review" by them. I know their interviews are over and they will have to let me know SOMETHING by the end of the month.

So my question, do you think it would be tacky of me to inquire about my app and getting in etc? Would this possibly do *anything* good for me? (even if its small, hey, I'll take it!) I've met this person before so she knows who I am.

Members don't see this ad.

I would express my interest in the school and would let it be known that I have applied, yet havent heard back.

However, I wouldnt go deeper than that, reason being that you wouldnt want to put her in an awkward situation.

I would ask that question indirectly.

Don't have "I" in the question unless she asks.

Just ask her if they are still accepting students or class is full or what the applicants that are "under review" should expect by now or something in the future. It should work esp. if you hold a position in the Pre-Dental society. I don't know.

BTW, who's the Dean?

If the school is looking at > 100 seats this year, you still have a chance.

Pikeyman said:
I would ask that question indirectly.

Don't have "I" in the question unless she asks.

Just ask her if they are still accepting students or class is full or what the applicants that are "under review" should expect by now or something in the future. It should work esp. if you hold a position in the Pre-Dental society. I don't know.

BTW, who's the Dean?

If the school is looking at > 100 seats this year, you still have a chance.

I recommend this approach - don't back her up into a corner by any means.