Okay - did I miss something?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aynmar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to at least pay and submit your DO and MD apps before your MCAT scores come in or is that not possible. Agh! I completely thought I was on an awesome schedule having everything but the MCAT score in, but it so far seems that I cannot "Pay and Submit" without that. Am I missing something? How long does it take to get the score? 4-6 weeks? So I guess I will not be complete untill the end of July, does that mean I am not really "applying early" anymore? Im so sad :(

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit before you get your MCAT score. I only have experience with AMCAS but I'm sure the DO equivalent is similar. When you get to the MCAT section of the AMCAS application you just say you haven't taken the MCAT yet but you'll have the opportunity to put the date that you expect to take the test. Then you should be able to submit your app provided everything else is complete.

You'll get your MCAT score back 4 weeks after you take the test.

Thank you! I will try that today! Believe it or I did read the instructions, googled this, and have not found a simple an answer as you just gave me :) T H A N K Y O U!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted both apps without my MCAT score...

OP, did you select a medical school before you tried to submit your app for verification? I seem to remember that AMCAS will not let you submit your app without at least one school selected. But it has been six years since I applied, so can someone who has applied recently confirm this?

Q you are correct. In addition, the app must be complete, which means specifying a time you are taking the MCAT. Until all the check marks and sections are 'done' you can't pay and submit...