Oklahoma OMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

Does OU have a notable preparation for potential OMS applicants? I know that it's the applicant not the school, however, it's known that UConn, Colombia, UCLA, etc. have a lot of students continuing onto OMS, so can anybody tell me whether or not OU is similar to this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It's definitely the applicant, not the school. HOWEVER, you are right in that some schools place a LOT more students into OMFS as opposed to the others. These include UCLA, UCSF, Columbia, UConn, and Harvard. Penn does pretty well too. You greatly increase your chances of getting in because name goes a long way....PLUS no class rank or GPA to worry about at these schools. Harvard,Columbia, and UConn have the added benefit of a medical school curriculum which is probably the most useful advantage in matching OMFS.

I don't think OU has anything notable in regards to preparing potential OMS, so just find a way to stand out I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
It's definitely the applicant, not the school. HOWEVER, you are right in that some schools place a LOT more students into OMFS as opposed to the others. These include UCLA, UCSF, Columbia, UConn, and Harvard. Penn does pretty well too. You greatly increase your chances of getting in because name goes a long way....PLUS no class rank or GPA to worry about at these schools. Harvard,Columbia, and UConn have the added benefit of a medical school curriculum which is probably the most useful advantage in matching OMFS.

I don't think OU has anything notable in regards to preparing potential OMS, so just find a way to stand out I guess.

Thank you very much for the response, it clears up a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

Nah.

Reactions: 3 users