Older URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdtt16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will being older erase any advantage from being a urm?

I'm black, an immigrant, graduated summa cum laude, work in healthcare, but I'll be 46 when applying. Don't know if it matters but also raised a kid as a single parent and have been "homeless" after losing everything in the crash of '09.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm black, an immigrant, graduated summa cum laude, work in healthcare, but I'll be 46 when applying. Don't know if it matters but also raised a kid as a single parent and have been "homeless" after losing everything in the crash of '09.
I don’t think so, I think with your life experiences that you could craft a nice story for applications.

Stats matter more than age

Some of my all time best students have been in their 30s and 40s. One of them is ~52 and is currently a resident in Southern CA. She was stellar.

Reactions: 3 users