Omaha, NE or Greenville, SC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmom

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the programs in Greenville, SC or Creighton and University of Nebraska in Omaha, NE? I am looking for a well rounded program that isn't to big and has a lot of camaraderie amongst their resident. So if you have any information on these 3 programs I would like to know the good, bad and ugly.
Medmom

Members don't see this ad.

I do not know much about those programs except that an attending at my school now used to work there and said that some of there residents had a hardtime matching to a fellowship because it was more a community based program rather than a university program. However, he felt they were all well qualified for the positions. Otherwise, I havent heard anything negative about it, so its probably worth checking out.

I see you are from Colorado on your status. Do you have any info on the University of Colorado ObGyn program. I have heard really good things.

Sorry that info was about the Greenville SC program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am actually a D.O. so all I know about the Denver programs is that neither are really D.O. friendly. Exempla has a D.O. this year for the first time but they require the USMLE with a score over 210 I believe (I didn't take USMLE). The UofC program has never had a D.O.
I know that many many years ago the UofC program was very malignant. This is according to 2 docs that I know that went there. However, that was YEARS ago. Not sure if things have changed. Sorry, I can't be more helpful.
Medmom