OMFS for DACA students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boredstudent1

Reaction score
Long story short - I am a DACA student interested in OMFS. I took the CBSE last year and did pretty well. Looking into doing externships now and I've noticed that most of the programs don't specify if they accept applications from DACA students or require US citizenship (for reference, I would be interested in 6 year programs). Haven't had much luck finding OMFS residents/students with DACA status to ask for input. Does anyone have information regarding this?

I was thinking of reaching out to program admins directly and asking prior to applying for their externship but I figured I'd shoot my shot here first. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What’s your residency status? Are you a green card holder? Do you have permanent residency?
Neither. DACA pretty much gives students who were brough to the US as children a social secury for us to work/go to school. However it is not classified as VISA/green card/residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would look for dental schools that accepted DACA students.
You will need to specify your status and ask if they even consider DACA.
Tufts, CWRU, UCSF, UCLA, USC...These are the schools that I can think of at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.