OMFS Internship Opportunities - POST HERE ONLY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The University of Cincinnati OMFS program is accepting applications for 1 year OMFS internships. The position is open to any dental grad from ADA accredited schools in US or international. Applicants must be legal residents of this country.

Interested candidates should send Sylvia Smith ([email protected]) a copy of their CV, photo, letter of intent and two letters of recommendation. We will interview the candidates and choose one that will start on July 1, 2013. Internship does not guarantee admission to our residency.

Please mail applications to
Sylvia T. Smith
Residency & Administrative Coordinator
UC Health
Department of Surgery
Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
200 Albert Sabin Way, ML 0461
Cincinnati, OH 45267-0461
Phone - 513-584-2586

Members don't see this ad.

The Georgia Regents University OMS Internship position has been filled. We thank those who responded for their interest in our program
H Ferguson

Cook County's two internship positions have been filled. We thank those who apllied and showed interest in our stellar program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any internships available at this the 11th hour?

Any OMFS internship positions open for this July 2013?

What is it like applying for internships if you don't match? Is it a free-for-all? What are programs looking for in internship applications vs matched applications? What are the chances that someone who does not match gets into an internship somewhere in the country?

-Hoping for the best, planning for the worst...

From my experience, it was definitely hectic considering many of the positions filled up quickly. I think some programs offer their positions to applicants who did not match into their prog as well. I called and emailed a bunch of programs, went on a few interviews (skype, in-person), and thankfully got into one. If you plan on it before match day and have materials ready to send out, then I think you are in good shape. But like I said you never know because positions fill up quick!

Any OMFS internship positions open for this July 2013?
We at the The Beth Israel Medical Center/Jacobi Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program still have one intern position remaining for the 2013-2014 year. Please contact us if you are interested.

Please see our post from 3-6-13 for full details.

Interested parties should contact the NBHN Dental / OMFS Executive Secretary, Miss Janice Bello at [email protected]

Are there any openings?? I'm thinking some interns didn't show up today..

Hello everyone.
Can anyone tell me if an international dentist can apply to the OMFS internship? if yes then any idea how to go with it? Thanks :)

hi everyone, I would like to know any internships available for this coming 2014
thanks

Two immediate intern positions for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery are available at the Detroit Medical Center. Length of position is now through June of 2014. Quality interns have a strong history of matching with program. Please email [email protected] with inquires and CV if interested in position.

Members don't see this ad :)
1 year internship opportunity available at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Applications will be accepted after match-day Jan. 26th 2010. Please contact Chair Dr. Dale Baur at 216-368-3102/216-368-6745 or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
Dont recommend Case Western Reserve University, nearly malignat program I hear and most are unhappy

You may contact programs at any point in time. It would be wise to do so if you feel your likelihood of matching is low or if you simply did not apply this cycle. Slots go fast. We are already interviewing for our positions. Being early is key in this game.

Good luck to you

Anyone interested in doing a 1 year internship at CWRU-OMS should forward their CV and letter of intent to [email protected] (chairman of oral and maxillofacial surgery) now or after the match next week. Thanks, feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.

Hey all,

With our continued growth, we're proud to open up an additional 2 intern positions, now totaling 3, at the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery department at Baylor School of Dentistry and Baylor University Medical Hospital in Dallas. Should you have an interest in exploring OMS, or find yourself unmatched and desiring to push forward and strengthen your CV, this is an opportunity to join a historically strong and proud OMS program in the amazing Dallas metroplex. You'll function at the level of a first year resident.

Should you have interest or require more information, please contact Dr. Reddy.

(Forgive our dated website, we're too busy being awesome)

http://www.tambcd.edu/education/oralsurgery.html

The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) offers a one year internship for those looking to gain more experience in OMFS. The program is currently accepting applications to fill approximately 4 intern slots for the 2014-15 academic year.

Those interested in applying should contact our residency coordinator at the following email address: [email protected].

Questions regarding the application can be directed towards the above email address.

Should you have questions about the program itself please send me a PM (I am a current resident).

Last edited:
Any experience as an intern at Case Western(CWRU-OMS)? Would you recommend the programme?

Note: The internship at Case Western has been filled. However, our other hospital Metrohealth does have a spot open for a non categorical intern. It's a level one trauma center with a busy clinic. Great experience. Please contact Dr. Zetz at [email protected] to apply.

anyone else who has been applying for internships at programs you did not apply to, have you been printing out PASS application and sending that or requesting application be sent through PASS?

Any internship positions available? Where can I get a list of these positions?

Cook County Hospital in Chicago has one available internship position.

Applicants can apply via the instructions through our website.

You can EMAIL the required documents and also state if you applied through PASS this year.

ONE POSITIONS IS OPEN

http://www.cookcountyomfs.com

Last edited:
2 OMFS Internship positions available at Harlem Hospital. Please email [email protected] for more information. Must be a US citizen to apply and graduated from an ADA accredited dental school. This is a one year position that is aimed to increase your chances of being accepted to an OMFS program for the next application process. Please respond soon as these positions fill quickly. Thanks

2 OMFS Internship positions available at Harlem Hospital. Please email [email protected] for more information. Must be a US citizen to apply and graduated from an ADA accredited dental school. This is a one year position that is aimed to increase your chances of being accepted to an OMFS program for the next application process. Please respond soon as these positions fill quickly. Thanks

Are these spots for a July start date or immediately?

AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY FOR 2014-2015 YEAR -- OMFS INTERNSHIP (as of July 25, 2014)...
If anyone is interested in OMFS and looking for a good opportunity, my program has an opening for a 1 year OMFS internship at Drexel OMFS in Philadelphia. Our program is a 6 year OMFS-MD integrated program through Drexel University Medical school. We do OR cases at Hahnemann University Hospital and at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. Our residency has one resident a year in addition to 2 non-categorical interns. Our 2 interns are an integral part of our service and are always scrubbing in for cases.
If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected].
Thanks,
Andrew

Potential Internship. There is a strong potential for an opening as a non categorical intern slot at St Johns Providence in Detroit MI. Interested applicants should know you will need a full MI dental license before being a full part of the program. We are a full scope OMFS program. If interested contact me at [email protected]
thanks
neal

Potential Internship. There is a strong potential for an opening as a non categorical intern slot at St Johns Providence in Detroit MI. Interested applicants should know you will need a full MI dental license before being a full part of the program. We are a full scope OMFS program. If interested contact me at [email protected]
thanks
neal

Jacobi Medical Center, an affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, located in the tree lined Pelham section of the Bronx, NY, has an unanticipated Oral Surgery Internship position available for the 2014-2015 cycle. Jacobi Medical center is a Level 1 Trauma Center and is home to a nationally recognized Burn Center, Hyperbaric Center, and Emergency Department. Jacobi offers a full scope OMFS residency. Interns will rotate between our three major hospitals, Jacobi, North Central Bronx, and Beth Israel Hospital. Opportunities for OR time, sedation time, and full scope dento-alveolar surgery are part of the duties of our OMFS Interns.
Interested parties must be:
Graduates of a US or Canadian Dental School
Completed an accredited GPR
Be able to start work immediately, or within a short (<2 weeks) amount of time.
Please contact Dr. Peter M. Gershenson, General Practice Residency Director, Jacobi Medical Center
at [email protected]
Please be able to provide:
CV
Dental School Transcript
Letter of Interest
3 letters of recommendation (one from past director)
NBDE scores part 1&2

Christiana Care Hospital System, in Wilmington Delaware, department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery has an immediate opening for a one year internship. This is a full scope OMFS residency encompassing Dental Alveolar, Trauma (with no competing services), Reconstruction; this is an excellent opportunity to add to your knowledge and experience in OMFS, for a potential applicant, or re-applicant for OMFS residency training programs. Our previous interns have an excellent track record of matching into their top ranked training program.

If interested please first contact Donna Kern.

Phone: 302-320-6458
Fax: 302-320-6822
E-mail: [email protected]

Applicants must be:
Graduates of an ADA accredited US or Canadian Dental School
Be prepared to forward:
CV
Dental School transcript
NBDE scores part 1&2
Letters of recommendation if available
Letter of interest

Hello all,
I am one of the interns in the OMFS department at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas. I would like to first congratulate one of my fellow interns on being offered and accepting a position in a full length training program with a recent vacancy. We are disappointed to see him go, but we are also very proud of his achievement. This, however, leaves us in a rather interesting situation, being that we now have a position available.

The internship position at JPS is a fantastic opportunity. We operate the full scope of practice. Experience will be gained through both inpatient management in a hospital setting, as well as managing patients in a very busy outpatient clinic. Clinic time is structured with two days dedicated to IV sedation, one half day dedicated to Facial pain and management of TMJ pathosis, and one half day to head/neck lesions and cancer. The OMFS service is exclusively responsible for facial trauma at the hospital, and JPS is a Level I trauma center serving Tarrant County and surrounding areas. There is a significant opportunity the learn about diagnosis, work-up, surgical treatment, and follow-up of facial trauma and infections. Head/neck cancer management includes initial diagnosis, work-up, treatment, and follow-up of cancer patients, including interdisciplinary coordination with other services. We also gain experience in vascular free-flap reconstruction for various types of pathoses in soft tissue and hard tissue defects. We have a busy Operative service, treating cases almost 5 days per week. Orthognathic conferences are a very high yield experience in the diagnosis and work-up of comphrensive treatment plans of patient with various dento-facial deformities.

The environment at JPS is fantastic, with the staff of the hospital and the faculty in the OMFS department treating all of us very well. All of the faculty emphasize the fostering of knowledge in a collegial fashion, with years of training and practice, and varieties in experiences. Upper level residents from UT Southwestern/Parkland rotate with us, further allow us to gain knowledge from their training.

All that being said the internship has a very high learning curve, with long tough hours. It is amazing the amount of knowledge I've gained in the short time I've been here, but I can tell you that it's worth every second. We have a good group of guys, which makes it easy to come in every day. Historically JPS interns have done very well with matching into residency programs, so programs across the country know the quality of intern you will become after your time here. For more information please visit: http://www.jpshealthnet.org/for_medical_professionals/residency_programs/oral_and_maxillofacial_surgery

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected]
Applicants please send CV/NBDE scores/NBME CBSE scores/2 Letters of references, 2x2 photo, and any other pertinent information to the Residency coordinator, Ms. Holly Portwood at: [email protected]

Thanks!

MetroHealth Main Campus OMFS in Cleveland, Ohio has an opening for a non-categorical intern beginning immediately and finishing in July 2015. Our program recently underwent an overhaul as one attending retired and another left for a new position. We currently have one attending, Dr. Alan Martinez, and two non-categorical interns on-service. We are in the process of hiring a second attending.

Despite our small numbers, we are still full scope and present a unique opportunity to anyone interested in OMFS. Since we do not currently have program-affiliated residents, the interns are covering clinic, assisting in the OR at least once per week, and gaining experience with IV sedations. We are full scope: we have seen trauma, pathology, reconstruction, dentoalveolar, TMJ, and orthognathic in the past two months, albeit with fewer cases than when the service was fully staffed. We are not currently taking trauma call, so our call schedule is not very demanding at this time (q3, rarely requiring a trip to the hospital). Its an ideal situation to gain experience across the various subspecialties while honing skills with extractions, particarly wisdom teeth.

If you are interested in the position, please e-mail our secretary at [email protected] with your CV or any questions so that we can set up an interview date.

Last edited:
The Jacobi Medical Center of New York City is proud to announce that we are accepting applications for OMFS Internship positions for the academic year 2015-2016. We are an institution with a history of more than 50 years of educating Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Our 6-year / dual degree program also rotates to Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan and the medical school portion of our program is completed at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.

The one year OMFS internship positions begin on July 1, 2015 and are funded at the PGY-II level.

All inquiries and application material may be forwarded to our departmental administrator, Lisandra Santana ([email protected]).

Hello,
I am very interested in your program but I am not sure if I am eligible to apply because I am a foreign trained dentist. I have 1 year of GPR and 1 year of AEGD post doctoral training in the State. Am I eligible to apply for the internship position?
Are there stipends for the intern?
Thank you very much for your help.

Hello all,
I am one of the interns in the OMFS department at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas. I would like to first congratulate one of my fellow interns on being offered and accepting a position in a full length training program with a recent vacancy. We are disappointed to see him go, but we are also very proud of his achievement. This, however, leaves us in a rather interesting situation, being that we now have a position available.

The internship position at JPS is a fantastic opportunity. We operate the full scope of practice. Experience will be gained through both inpatient management in a hospital setting, as well as managing patients in a very busy outpatient clinic. Clinic time is structured with two days dedicated to IV sedation, one half day dedicated to Facial pain and management of TMJ pathosis, and one half day to head/neck lesions and cancer. The OMFS service is exclusively responsible for facial trauma at the hospital, and JPS is a Level I trauma center serving Tarrant County and surrounding areas. There is a significant opportunity the learn about diagnosis, work-up, surgical treatment, and follow-up of facial trauma and infections. Head/neck cancer management includes initial diagnosis, work-up, treatment, and follow-up of cancer patients, including interdisciplinary coordination with other services. We also gain experience in vascular free-flap reconstruction for various types of pathoses in soft tissue and hard tissue defects. We have a busy Operative service, treating cases almost 5 days per week. Orthognathic conferences are a very high yield experience in the diagnosis and work-up of comphrensive treatment plans of patient with various dento-facial deformities.

The environment at JPS is fantastic, with the staff of the hospital and the faculty in the OMFS department treating all of us very well. All of the faculty emphasize the fostering of knowledge in a collegial fashion, with years of training and practice, and varieties in experiences. Upper level residents from UT Southwestern/Parkland rotate with us, further allow us to gain knowledge from their training.

All that being said the internship has a very high learning curve, with long tough hours. It is amazing the amount of knowledge I've gained in the short time I've been here, but I can tell you that it's worth every second. We have a good group of guys, which makes it easy to come in every day. Historically JPS interns have done very well with matching into residency programs, so programs across the country know the quality of intern you will become after your time here. For more information please visit: http://www.jpshealthnet.org/for_medical_professionals/residency_programs/oral_and_maxillofacial_surgery

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected]
Applicants please send CV/NBDE scores/NBME CBSE scores/2 Letters of references, 2x2 photo, and any other pertinent information to the Residency coordinator, Ms. Holly Portwood at: [email protected]

Thanks!

The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania offers a one year internship for those looking to gain more experience in OMFS and strengthen your CV. The program is currently accepting applications to fill 4 intern slots for the 2015-16 academic year starting at end of June 2015. Selected interns will function at the level of a first year resident. Interns will rotate between our four major facilities: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, The Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania, and University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.

Those interested in applying, please e-mail to [email protected]. It is recommended that you e-mail as soon as possible since these positions will start getting filled in February. Questions regarding the application can be directed via e-mail.

Thanks for your attention.

Just a quick post:
Im doing a one year anesthesia year here at Indiana University. It's not accredited and obviously not a specialty.

But it is great experience and actually pretty fun. We get treated like medical residents minus the call. I get to run the anesthesia for cases from gen surg to ob/gyn to ophtho. The only areas I don't get exposure is neuro and thoracic cases.

Most of us as dental residents are interested in oral surgery. Is it as good as an OS internship for your application? Probably not, but it's definitely good medicine exposure.

Great 1 year anesthesia fellowship at Indiana University in Indianapolis (through Eskenazi Hospital). PGY1 pay, and like ganish said above, no call. Also like ganish mentioned, may not be preferred over an oral surgery internship... but there is much to be gained from this experience. Unfortunately they do not have a website, so feel free to PM me if you would like more information.

Cook County Hospital department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has just been approved for two non-categorical internship positions starting this July 1st , 2015.

To apply please contact [email protected] and [email protected] and visit our website:
http://www.cookcountyomfs.com/p/internship_28.html

Interns will participate in taking oral & maxillofacial surgery call, treat patients in our outpatient clinic (dentoalveolar, sedations, implants, closed reductions, facial lesions, etc.) and be involved in cases in the operating room. In addition, interns will also engage in off-service rotations with the departments of Anesthesia and Medicine. If you are looking towards a future in the field of oral & maxillofacial surgery this is a great opportunity.

are there any internship positions still available?

The Indiana University Dental Anesthesia Fellowship program is accepting applications for 1 position for the 2015-16 academic year. The position begins July 1st. The dental anesthesia fellows are under the IU School of Medicine Department of Anesthesia at Eskenazi Hospital. The fellows are expected to administer anesthesia in a wide variety of cases, ranging from general surgery, plastics, and ENT to orthopedics, OBGYN and ophthalmology. Fellows receive PGY-1 pay and benefits. Our past fellows have a strong history of getting in to oral surgery and dental anesthesia programs. If interested in applying, please send a CV to [email protected]