OMG... CVS robbery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rather it be a syringe then a gun.

Even if I was stabbed there is HIV propylaxis therapy for health-care providers that have been stuck with HIV needles. You wouldn't contract the virus.

With a gun, much less likely to survive after a bullet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd pull out a syringe, stab myself, hold the syringe in front of me and go "I got the hiv, too."

...actually, I'd just give them what they wanted.

Rather it be a syringe then a gun.

Even if I was stabbed there is HIV propylaxis therapy for health-care providers that have been stuck with HIV needles. You wouldn't contract the virus.

With a gun, much less likely to survive after a bullet.

False, even with HIV prophylaxis you can still get the disease.

This is freakin' ridiculous!!!
What's next? Biocide?
I just prefer for the insanity to stop, not bullets vs whatever. :rolleyes:

Beyond the scope of the outcome, I'd be more comfortable with a gun being pointed at me than as the article said "a syringe held (to my chest)". I was around a lot of guns growing up in a rural area but never around any hiv filled syringes.

What is the most concerning about this to me is that in my opinion, needles and syringes are far easier for someone to get ahold of than a gun. So this opens up a new idea in many would-be-drug-seekers minds who don't have a gun.

Speaking from experience of being robbed at gunpoint, PLEASE, just give them what they want, quickly, so that they will get out of there quickly.

What is the most concerning about this to me is that in my opinion, needles and syringes are far easier for someone to get ahold of than a gun. So this opens up a new idea in many would-be-drug-seekers minds who don't have a gun.

Speaking from experience of being robbed at gunpoint, PLEASE, just give them what they want, quickly, so that they will get out of there quickly.

hell, lately in our city, they just use notes. They'll hand you a note that says something like "I have a gun, give me xyz and no one gets hurt". No syringe necessary. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hell, lately in our city, they just use notes. They'll hand you a note that says something like "I have a gun, give me xyz and no one gets hurt". No syringe necessary. :thumbup:

Experienced something similar in my undergrad days. I had anatomy lab late (ending around 10PM), and this was at LIU: Brooklyn. Alright during the day, not so great place at night. So I'm walking to the train station. Some bum approaches me while I'm waiting for the walk signal to change. He has his hand inside his jacket pocket like he has a gun. Threatens to shoot me if I don't give him what he wants.

So I go take out my wallet and I'm about to hand it over, when he takes his hand out of his jacket pocket. Lo and behold, there is no gun. I'm gripping my wallet, and he's gripping my wallet. He starts yelling to let go. I pull out my switchblade knife with my other hand, and stab him dead center of his hand and pull. His hand kinda looked like Amare Stoudemire's hand pre-surgery.

Experienced something similar in my undergrad days. I had anatomy lab late (ending around 10PM), and this was at LIU: Brooklyn. Alright during the day, not so great place at night. So I'm walking to the train station. Some bum approaches me while I'm waiting for the walk signal to change. He has his hand inside his jacket pocket like he has a gun. Threatens to shoot me if I don't give him what he wants.

So I go take out my wallet and I'm about to hand it over, when he takes his hand out of his jacket pocket. Lo and behold, there is no gun. I'm gripping my wallet, and he's gripping my wallet. He starts yelling to let go. I pull out my switchblade knife with my other hand, and stab him dead center of his hand and pull. His hand kinda looked like Amare Stoudemire's hand pre-surgery.

You stabbed an unarmed homeless person? For a wallet?

Someone tried a note on a technician once, and the tech was like, "Oh, I don't have access to that." True story :oops:

I call BS. How were you not arrested?

Should you just let someone steal your wallet? :confused:

I see it like this: The robber brought the threat of death into the crime. Injuring his hand with a knife (to protect one's property/identity/etc) should not be considered a heinous crime.

Armed robbery has no place in a civilized society.

Are those legal in New York? I figured with their super conservative gun laws, switchblades would also be a big no-no. I actually thought they were illegal in every state. :shrug:

For some reason, I thought they were illegal to buy, but not to possess.

I actually have a switchblade from an oversees trip. I had no problem taking it on the plane.

Packed in my suitcase, of course.

I see it like this: The robber brought the threat of death into the crime. Injuring his hand with a knife (to protect one's property/identity/etc) should not be considered a heinous crime.

Armed robbery has no place in a civilized society.

Yeah except SParda said he realized the guy lied about the gun and THEN he stabbed him.

For those of you who said you'd fight for your wallet or like Sparda, stab someone, have you ever been mugged?

For those of you who said you'd fight for your wallet or like Sparda, stab someone, have you ever been mugged?

Know several people who have. Depending on the scenario, I think I would try to fight for my wallet. Living the good life (making six figures as an RPh) will be nice, but until then I'm scraping by. Giving my identity and cash/cards to a violent stranger is not in my family's best interests.

Know several people who have. Depending on the scenario, I think I would try to fight for my wallet. Living the good life (making six figures as an RPh) will be nice, but until then I'm scraping by. Giving my identity and cash/cards to a violent stranger is not in my family's best interests.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I was mugged in chicago (twice). First time the Guy said he had a knife but I knew he didn't. I told him to **** off.

I'd probably fight for it too...but stabbing someone who doesn't have a weapon? I don't know if I could go that far.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I was mugged in chicago (twice). First time the Guy said he had a knife but I knew he didn't. I told him to **** off.

I'd probably fight for it too...but stabbing someone who doesn't have a weapon? I don't know if I could go that far.

It's a tough scenario. I just love that Sparda dials it to 11 as usual by introducing a switchblade of all things into the equation. :smuggrin:

I'd probably fight for it too...but stabbing someone who doesn't have a weapon?
But what if the guy was much bigger and could overpower you? Why even carry a knife if not for situations like that.

By the time you got home and found the numbers for your credit/debit cards, the accounts would be overdrawn. Never mind the fact they have your license, which has your address on it, and maybe a business card that says where you work, maybe a picture of your wife or your kids too. Yeah, I'd love for a scumbag to have access to all that information.

No, but my identity was stolen, and it has been an awful. The charge-off from the account that I had to close is still on my credit report and will not fall off until August - 7 years later! :( I've tried disputing it with the credit bureaus a few times, but they always just come back with "it's your debt".

I know a girl who had to walk home by herself down a shady street after a closing shift at a restaurant. I believe she was 18 or 19, and she needed the job.

She was mugged by a group of guys at gun point. Rather than lose her cool, she negotiated to give the muggers everything IN her purse, but she wanted to keep the purse because it was her favorite & a special gift. She was unable to negotiate for the matching wallet.

I wish I had balls like hers.

I have no idea what I'd do if I were mugged. I'm just hoping I wouldn't say anything fatally stupid.

But what if the guy was much bigger and could overpower you? Why even carry a knife if not for situations like that.

By the time you got home and found the numbers for your credit/debit cards, the accounts would be overdrawn. Never mind the fact they have your license, which has your address on it, and maybe a business card that says where you work, maybe a picture of your wife or your kids too. Yeah, I'd love for a scumbag to have access to all that information.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about getting raped. I'd definitely give up my wallet than get raped or shot. I try not to put myself in those situations, especially after what happened in Chicago. If I was alone, I'd probably carry a knife and threaten to stab someone if they tried to take my wallet. I would probably only stab them if they made an advance though. I don't know for sure what I would do but a guy fighting for their wallet is a little different than a woman fighting for their wallet, ya know?

You stabbed an unarmed homeless person? For a wallet?

Unarmed, yes. Homeless, I don't know. He just looked like a bum, albeit a very big bum. I had about $300 and a few credit cards in the wallet. My whole life, I've been mugged 5 times, but they only got something the first 2 times (I was a pretty small 11 year old). Other two times, the perps were a group of unarmed high school kids. In those cases, I just went total no-holds-bar UFC on the smallest kid in the group and that was enough to make the others back off.

I call BS. How were you not arrested?

Never called the cops. Once I pulled the knife, I started sprinting for the train station. Chucked the knife into a dumpster. No fingerprints because I was wearing gloves (winter).

Are those legal in New York? I figured with their super conservative gun laws, switchblades would also be a big no-no. I actually thought they were illegal in every state. :shrug:

Illegal. Bought it in a sweet knife shop in Pennsylvania. There aren't many weapons legal to carry in NY. I believe you can carry pepper spray, and pocket knives smaller than 4 inches that have to be manually opened. Can't even carry a gravity knife, meaning a knife that can be opened with a flick of the wrist. I don't like using pepper spray because if it's windy, it's gonna blow back at you.

Last edited:
Unarmed, yes. Homeless, I don't know. He just looked like a bum, albeit a very big bum. I had about $300 and a few credit cards in the wallet. My whole life, I've been mugged 5 times, but they only got something the first 2 times (I was a pretty small 11 year old). Other two times, the perps were a group of unarmed high school kids. In those cases, I just went total no-holds-bar UFC on the smallest kid in the group and that was enough to make the others back off.

Never called the cops. Once I pulled the knife, I started sprinting for the train station. Chucked the knife into a dumpster. No fingerprints because I was wearing gloves (winter).

Illegal. Bought it in a sweet knife shop in Pennsylvania. There aren't many weapons legal to carry in NY. I believe you can carry pepper spray, and pocket knives smaller than 4 inches that have to be manually opened. Can't even carry a gravity knife, meaning a knife that can be opened with a flick of the wrist. I don't like using pepper spray because if it's windy, it's gonna blow back at you.

sometimes I think you're a troll. Then I get sad because I realize you're not :smuggrin:

Sheesh, why don't you go live in Cuba or some other communist state.

The minute the guy states he has a weapon (albeit non existent) and asks for your wallet the crime of armed robbery has taken place and you can virtually do anything to prevent that crime.

Anyway if the police were involved he could just tell them he stabbed his hand because he still thought the perpetrator had a weapon.

Seriously, is this all you guys ever talk about? Sheesh, robberies, oversaturation, laws, therapies, how other people are better than you..man and I thought my thread was off topic. Maybe we should go back to it and give me some advice on how to pick up pharmacy chicks? I asked one out two days ago, but she told me she was going to China to visit her uncle. Lamest excuse ever.

I'm sorry immuno. I'd rather hear stories like this rather than your sad dating life. Honestly, I'm more likely to be robbed than need a date as badly as you need one. ;)

Seriously, is this all you guys ever talk about? Sheesh, robberies, oversaturation, laws, therapies, how other people are better than you..man and I thought my thread was off topic. Maybe we should go back to it and give me some advice on how to pick up pharmacy chicks? I asked one out two days ago, but she told me she was going to China to visit her uncle. Lamest excuse ever.