on hold for interview at UCSD thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Vitaminka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what exactly are my chances at this point? Is anyone else on hold for an interview at UCSD? I feel like they aren't rejecting anyone post-secondary and in stead putting everyone on hold only to turn us down later. What's up with that? Man, this whole process is so frustrating? Why can't they just reject me now, if that's what they plan on doing later?

Members don't see this ad.

you can certainly call them up and ask them to reject you right now if that's what they plan on doing. their admissions office is very nice and understanding.

constructor said:
you can certainly call them up and ask them to reject you right now if that's what they plan on doing. their admissions office is very nice and understanding.

Yes, but that would eliminate my chances completely...not what I had in mind...I'd much rather have an interview and was just curious how many of us are on hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've been on hold over there for a long time....but people have gotten interviews soon after they've been put on hold, so don't lose hope...

but yeah, i feel that you're right about the putting people on hold as a default, whether they like you or not. i mean, why would you put someone on hold and then offer them an interview a couple of days later? (which is what happened to my friend)

Dr.Vitaminka said:
So what exactly are my chances at this point? Is anyone else on hold for an interview at UCSD? I feel like they aren't rejecting anyone post-secondary and in stead putting everyone on hold only to turn us down later. What's up with that? Man, this whole process is so frustrating? Why can't they just reject me now, if that's what they plan on doing later?

i'd say that your chances are better than at most other schools that put you on hold. i was on hold early on and got an interview almost immediately. i'd encourage you to look at other threads that have discussed this and to not get too impatient in the meantime.

I have been on hold since September.

i've been on hold since september too i think. i don't really care anymore. to cheer you up though, i have a friend who was invited to interview in march. she was later accepted. i dont know if she was on hold before her interview or they took that long to review her file.

They put me on hold since mid-September. I'm too tired to check my email every hour or so now.

i've also been on hold since late september...

faradayampere said:
They put me on hold since mid-September. I'm too tired to check my email every hour or so now.

bumping this thread to see who else is on hold at ucsd.

CA med app said:
bumping this thread to see who else is on hold at ucsd.

My secondary was received 11/23 and I have been on hold since 12/9. I am from out-of-state though so my chances are even slimmer. I did e-mail Yvonne Coleman to see if I could perhaps interview in mid-February since I will be in LA for my USC interview, but I haven't heard back from her. I will let you know if I do.

Good luck everyone and stay positive! Our turn will come, soon hopefully!

add me to the pile. have been on pre-interview hold since about a week after they got my secondary in late november. i feel like i need to pursue them and send a letter or something but in a way i'm sorta glad, i really dislike that school. but i'd probably go...it's a UC -- cali & low tuition & near home...

On hold.

And on hold at Irvine and SF.
Blech.