once I register for the DAT online, when can I take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
once I register for the DAT online, about how many days after I can take the DAT? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

they'll send you a letter in the mail, then you just call the number on there and set up a test date with the operator. She'll tell you if the date you want is available.

You can always call the place before you get the letter and schedule a test date...as long as they have you in the system. I did that 2 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, but how long does it take to get the mail from aadsas? I know they are very slow processing things.

It took ~ two weeks for me to receive the letter.

aadsas doesn't send you a letter, the DAT is through a seperate organization: the ADA, they send the letter.

just for clarification. And a couple of weeks is right...if you dont get it after this time - CALL. Mine got lost the first time and I waited and waited and waited too long.

I believe the ADA website said two weeks. However, you can call the ADA if you don't get the letter 14 days after submission. The letter authorizes you to schedule a test time at a center of your choice through the testing center website. If I remember correctly, the logon for the testing center(the link is on the ADA website) is your ssn. You could try logon before you even get the letter.