One month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orange86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So several schools want all of your application materials to be received 30 days after the receipt of a secondary. If it's a week late, how big of a deal is this? Anyone have prior experience with this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

So several schools want all of your application materials to be received 30 days after the receipt of a secondary. If it's a week late, how big of a deal is this? Anyone have prior experience with this situation?

if you haven't passed the 1 month mark, haul a** to make it, it doesn't look good to take longer than they give you (shows lack of interest, etc). If you have passed the 1 month mark, call them and ask.

most of my secondaries are going to be sent in after the one month mark.. but my reason is cuz i'm waiitng on my mcat score and rec letters anyways so i figured no real rush in trying to submit all my secondaries since i won't be complete for another month or so anways...

Members don't see this ad :)
most of my secondaries are going to be sent in after the one month mark.. but my reason is cuz i'm waiitng on my mcat score and rec letters anyways so i figured no real rush in trying to submit all my secondaries since i won't be complete for another month or so anways...

This is a bad idea. I would get them in ASAP. The fact that your file won't be complete is irrelevant as sending in your apps past the deadline shows a lack of interest and motivation. I really believe you are shooting yourself in the foot. Also, if you get your secondaries in right away, then the second your letters and scores come in you will be complete. Otherwise your app is just further down in the pile. You've come this far, it's crazy to put yourself at a disadvantage if you can avoid it.

So the deadline refers to the actual essays only and not the LORs or MCAT scores?