Coursework & Fieldwork Online Anatomy Lab Course Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marothu

Reaction score
Hi! I am prepping to start my OT program this summer/fall and looking for an online anatomy lab to fulfill my outstanding prereq. I have already taken an anatomy course, but it did not contain a lab portion which is required for my program. I am trying to find a standalone lab course online so I don't need to fit a community college summer course with physical meeting times into my schedule. Anyone have suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you would be better off taking a cc lab class at your local community college. Summer sessions are fast paced and you’ll be done before you know it? How many credits do you need? Anatomy and Physiology is often broken in to I & II with labs associated with both, so I’d think you’d need 2 lab sections. I think an online lab would be extremely hard to come by as well as probably more expensive. Also you should check with your OT program to make sure they would even accept an online lab course.

Thanks for your reply! My program accepts any lab (including online, simulated, etc.) but of course I will run any course I find past them to confirm it will suffice. I only need one lab section, a basic 1 credit lab. I work 2 jobs, so my schedule is pretty hectic and a more flexible option would be much easier for me to fit in. I'm moving across the country at the end of June, so I'd prefer a class I can complete from any location. I'm also looking at cc options, just trying to see if anyone knows of a more convenient alternative :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am prepping to start my OT program this summer/fall and looking for an online anatomy lab to fulfill my outstanding prereq. I have already taken an anatomy course, but it did not contain a lab portion which is required for my program. I am trying to find a standalone lab course online so I don't need to fit a community college summer course with physical meeting times into my schedule. Anyone have suggestions?
I don’t know if the location/state of the school matters, but St. Petersburg College in FL offers online A&P 1 and 2 lab courses. I don’t even think they specify it’s online - nothing on my transcripts indicated that, and I got into schools that “strongly recommend” we don’t take pre-req labs online.

Reactions: 1 user
UNE has good online pre-req health classes, quite time consuming especially if you want to get a good grade, but I think any anatomy class is.
Like other people said, be careful with online classes because most programs don't accept them, it made it really hard for me to find back up programs to apply to. But if you're confident about you chances of getting into the program that accepts online then I guess you will be OK.
Best of luck!

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I'm having trouble finding a standalone anatomy lab option that is offered in the summer and located within a reasonable distance of me, but I will keep searching! I will also look into the option mentioned above, see if it might be a good fit, and contact my program to check whether it would be acceptable. Thanks again! :)

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I'm having trouble finding a standalone anatomy lab option that is offered in the summer and located within a reasonable distance of me, but I will keep searching! I will also look into the option mentioned above, see if it might be a good fit, and contact my program to check whether it would be acceptable. Thanks again! :)
Hi! I have the exact same circumstances as you and was wondering if you ended up finding anything?