Online and traditional Bach.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medtechvet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like many, I'm looking for hope and confidence in my decision.
I currently have an online BS in Health administration I obtained during my time in the navy. That GPA is a 3.75. While I was enlisted, I worked as a surgical technologist in OMFS for four of the five years. That garnered a lot of hands on experience in patient care, from anesthesia, monitoring, assisting, post surgical care, and the ability to practice out of my scope(military has a lot of opportunities for hands on).
Currently I go to a city college.
Growing up, I had a adverse childhood, and never knew my abilities in high school, so being a 25 year old college student I was far behind the learning curve. My first semester algebra i attained a C+, followed by a B and B+ in precalc. And calc, respectively. My current sGPA is a 3.3, and after this semester my overall GPA is projected to be a 3.54. Chemistry was a weak area, with a B avg from gen chem through both ochem's. (Would that look like an upward trajectory since ochem does appear to be more difficult?)
I haven't taken the MCAT, but what would be a realistic score to land a look. I've been told I have good creative writing abilities, so my statement and any secondaries would probably stick out.
EC's I have volunteer and fundraising for a medical trip to Honduras, along with volunteering at the humane society and hospital.
Not sure if it's of any importance, but I went from an impoverished area before the navy, to owning a house at age 20... And now my wife and I own another property.(would that appear significant in an interview?) any help would be much appreciated, and I apologize for this long essay. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.