Online calendar vs Paper planner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted678432

Just a random topic to maybe ease up on the tension SDN is feeling as Dec.1 approaches. I've been using Google Calendar for a while and love it. It syncs to all my devices. My pre-law friend swears that a paper planner is better though. I kind of want to test out the paper planner because I'd get the satisfaction of crossing off something after it's completed, but I can't seem to part with my Google calendar. What do you all prefer and why?

Members don't see this ad.

I use post-it notes, lol. I usually post them on my laptop throughout the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Paper for me. I feel like writing it down helps me remember it better.

Reactions: 1 users
I use paper. I like being able to physically cross things off

Reactions: 1 user
Both - I put everything in my life on Google calendar using the Fantastical app, and keep a running to do list on there as well. Then every night before going to bed I plan out the following day in a small notebook, separating tasks and events, and then order the tasks by importance. Whatever doesn't get done that day gets moved to the next.

I used to swear by paper calendars because I liked customizing it and being able to write notes and stuff. Now, I prefer Google Calendar because it's easy to use and moving things around and deleting things makes everything a lot more organized! I also use my laptop in my classes more often so it's just easier for everything to be digital. I just wish it had more color options...
I also like to link up my calendars with friends so we each know what the other is doing and when we can plan hangouts and stuff haha

But if you'd like to try a paper calendar, I love the Moleskine weekly calendars with a week on one side and lined page on the other for notes. Mossery Co also has really cute options with customizable covers if you'd prefer.

Last edited:
My dental class used google cal which was awesome because you always knew what class you were supposed to be in and if stuff changed it updated automatically! Ever since then I refuse to use anything else haha

My dental class used google cal which was awesome because you always knew what class you were supposed to be in and if stuff changed it updated automatically! Ever since then I refuse to use anything else haha
Yeah that's the best part of it. It's just so convenient. A leather planner looks pretty slick too though. I think I'll stay with Google Calendar

Our class has both an icalendar and a google calendar going. Definitely prefer an electronic one over paper and I used to swear by paper (mine is sitting untouched at the bottom of my closet). I have an iPhone, so I use the iCal one. It's also really nice because you can subscribe to calendars. So we have one that maintained for classes and one that is maintained for school organizations + their events. Then I just add whatever personal stuff I need to!

I swear by an app and web client called MyHomework. Its interface is made for planning school work and extracurriculars. If I need to make plans with people or have an appointment, I use google calendar. If I need to jot something down really quickly, I use Google Keep.

Best part? I can do all that without having to use an Android phone :)