Online Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

college123please

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i'm thinking about taking one or two of these courses:

~ Weber State University: Plant Biology (Botany), Intro to Microbiology, Biopsychology, Evolution (Zoology)
~ Minnesota State University: Oral Anatomy, Cognitive Psychology
~ Oklahoma State University: Introduction Microbiology
~ Colorado State University: Principles of Biochemistry, Pre-Health Genetics, General microbiology
~ West Virginia University: Intro to Biochemistry

there's not a lot info about these online courses, so i was wondering if there's anyone who has taken it or used these colleges for online courses.

1) is it self paced?
2) how does testing work? do you need a proctor or do you get proctored?
3) pricing
4) how it's graded
5) thoughts on course or any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Oral anatomy? That sounds... interesting.

Most of those won't fulfill our (vet med) requirements for admission - a lot of those would need a lab component to count. So I'm not sure if anyone will have taken them. Will they count for your degree and/or prerequisites?

1) is it self paced?
2) how does testing work? do you need a proctor or do you get proctored?
3) pricing
4) how it's graded
5) thoughts on course or any other info would be greatly appreciated.

All of these depend on the school and the professor. A phone call to their admissions offices would be a good idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oral anatomy? That sounds... interesting.

Most of those won't fulfill our (vet med) requirements for admission - a lot of those would need a lab component to count. So I'm not sure if anyone will have taken them. Will they count for your degree and/or prerequisites?
OP's listed as pre-dental and also posted this in pre-dental and pre-allo forums.

OP's listed as pre-dental and also posted this in pre-dental and pre-allo forums.

I noticed - that's why I specified the vet med part. But still, most of us won't have bothered to take these because they won't fulfill requirements, so we can't tell them about how they were either.

I guess they are being thorough? Probably best to take the lab classes in person, though.