online course accepted? biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikedoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if biochem online course (i am looking at berkeley extension online biochem) is accepted as fulfillment of the requirement at schools where they require 1 semester of biochem (such as Penn and Tufts)?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Do you live close to Berkeley?
2) Does the transcript note that the class is online?

If you live close, and the transcript doesn't say it's online, I don't see how they'd find out. So that should be fine.

If you lived in Iowa during the semester, though, they are going to know it was taken online and probably not be too receptive.

I just had an interview at Midwestern and they told me to take my missing micro. prereq anywhere (including online if necessary); just to get it on the transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious if anyone has taken the Berkeley online extension courses too! Do they count?

I don't get it, I didn't know online courses showed up as online on a transcript... I've taken an online course and it made no reference of being online.

On my transcript, the courses that I've taken online is denoted by a V after the course number. Such as Psych 166V, so then I have to post on AADSAS that is is an online course. If yours doesn't have anything like that then you should list it as an online course on AADSAS, but no one will know if you don't.

Has anyone taken such online biochemistry courses from accredited universities on the east coast?

yea, anyone know about the east coast? I'm about to register at George Mason for this spring, but an online course would be great!! can east coasters try to "attend" berkley?