Online MPH: LSHTM vs Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elitxu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi1
I am currently working as a postdoctoral researcher in Infectious Diseases in US. I want to pursue a career in Infection Control so I decided to study an MPH online while I continue working as a postdoctoral researcher and I gain experience in Public Health-related projects. I have been accepted both in LSHTM and University of Albany. It is being difficult to make a decision. Albany is CPEH accredited and London not, but I do not know how difficult would be to have it accepted in the US for working. Regarding the cost both of them would be similar.
I would really appreciate some advice.
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi1
I am currently working as a postdoctoral researcher in Infectious Diseases in US. I want to pursue a career in Infection Control so I decided to study an MPH online while I continue working as a postdoctoral researcher and I gain experience in Public Health-related projects. I have been accepted both in LSHTM and University of Albany. It is being difficult to make a decision. Albany is CPEH accredited and London not, but I do not know how difficult would be to have it accepted in the US for working. Regarding the cost both of them would be similar.
I would really appreciate some advice.
Thanks in advance.
What type of work in infection control do you want to pursue? Will that work require you to have gone to a CPEH-accredited school? LSHTM is one of the most prestigious international health schools in the world. I really don't know enough about Albany to comment on it. If you are a post-doctoral researcher, I feel like people will pay more attention to your PhD in addition to the skill set you hope to obtain from your MPH. Even if your PhD is not in public health, it still shows somewhat, and if you have an MPH and the skill set necessary to do your job, you should be fine just going with the more prestigious school (LSHTM). But if you need the CPEH accreditation, then go with Albany. Ask people in the field how important that accreditation is.