online mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voice

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone ,
since last few days i have been finding out about mph and i found that some universites offer online mph also.

what do u all think about this . is it worth doing . can i get a job after doing it?

i want to return to my home country in 3-4 years and teach there .

let me know what u all think.

Members don't see this ad.

I would not waste my time with an online MPH. Sure, Hopkins has one but to be honest the lack of interaction with peers and profs is one of the best parts of any MPH program. I'd say pass.

I'd agree with longwood. The value of doing a degree in person versus online is absolutely tremendous. I would make the investment and enroll in a program here so that you have access to others who share similar goals and may be able to help you to achieve them better. Plus, you get to knock it out more quickly (the online option usually takes a longer time since you're typically working). The computer interaction is pretty impersonal and does not allow you the same flexibility. I'd recommend the online option for people who are extremely busy and this is the only way that they can do the degree. If you can afford the time, then do it in person at an institution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that there's no difference between the Tution fee for an online MPH vs an on-site MPH program??

I'd assume so since you're still taking the same courses for the same price per credit (not 100% sure though). I'm sure that there are some miscellaneous fees that you wouldn't have to deal with as an online student, but the base tuition would be the same.