Online pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

haley.jo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I apologize if this is a dumb question but I'm a non-trad looking to take some pre-reqs online while deployed and some CC pre-reqs later. Does anyone know if online pre-reqs are allowed? I've heard of UNE, is it frowned upon or have any of you done it? Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I was out of school for a couple years and needed Organic Chem. I took Org Chem 1 and 2 with UNE and every Pod school accepted it. I got offered interviews at every one I applied to (AZPod, DMU, Scholl, Kent, Temple, and Sammuel Merrit). I actually have my interviews with AZPod and DMU this week. It is a hard class because you have to teach yourself a lot of the material but I got through it alright, even with a full time job. I have taken other online courses before and this was by far the hardest just because Org Chem is a difficult course no matter where you take it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
University of New England. They have online pre-req science courses including labs.

I was out of school for a couple years and needed Organic Chem. I took Org Chem 1 and 2 with UNE and every Pod school accepted it. I got offered interviews at every one I applied to (AZPod, DMU, Scholl, Kent, Temple, and Sammuel Merrit). I actually have my interviews with AZPod and DMU this week. It is a hard class because you have to teach yourself a lot of the material but I got through it alright, even with a full time job. I have taken other online courses before and this was by far the hardest just because Org Chem is a difficult course no matter where you take it.
I also took ochem at UNE and agree it was a difficult class

Reactions: 1 user
I took gen chem online at a community college with the lab being in a classroom and didn't have a problem

If I took a class online but took it again later on a campus, do I still have to submit into the application transcript?

If I took a class online but took it again later on a campus, do I still have to submit into the application transcript?
Yes, they want all transcripts and all classes to be included in your application. Even duplicates.