online refraction campaign

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pudgie84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
that's "eye care"? sounds like an attempt to provide a crappy refraction, and I can't believe they are actually charging money for that....what a joke. They better hurry up and relocate to china because Im pretty sure the state of Illinois is going to have a problem with these *****s attempting to dupe the public with claims about "eyecare". Are these students even licensed to offer these services to the public?

that's "eye care"? sounds like an attempt to provide a crappy refraction, and I can't believe they are actually charging money for that....what a joke. They better hurry up and relocate to china because Im pretty sure the state of Illinois is going to have a problem with these *****s attempting to dupe the public with claims about "eyecare". Are these students even licensed to offer these services to the public?

Can we please ostracize Dr. Lee from our optometry ranks? Their site is saying they are filling some unmet need. Pleeeeeaaaase....

Members don't see this ad :)
Scary.

They say a licensed optometrist would sign the prescription. It is possible to pull this off if the OD or MD were located in India or China.

"Dr Lee" could outsource the Rx's and keep his own hands clean. That slime-ball could actually pull it off!

A foreign, non-expired Rx signed by an OD or MD is valid. You don't even need to be an ophthalmologist. Any MD could sign it.

This harmful and dangerous to the public.

To be honest, I am genuinely curious to know how this system is designed to work.

Scary.

They say a licensed optometrist would sign the prescription. It is possible to pull this off if the OD or MD were located in India or China.

"Dr Lee" could outsource the Rx's and keep his own hands clean. That slime-ball could actually pull it off!

A foreign, non-expired Rx signed by an OD or MD is valid. You don't even need to be an ophthalmologist. Any MD could sign it.

This harmful and dangerous to the public.

show the proof or that isn't true

I dont think they are students... I dont think they are Dr... I think they are greedy exploitative businessmen who wants to make a quick buck at the cost of the patients health.

show the proof or that isn't true

I'll verify the information with my State board. Their email has been down for a week.

I've heard rumors about corporate optometry toying with the idea of employing foreign doctors to do remote eye exams using electronic lanes. And in that case the rx would be written by a foreign doctor.

Obviously, the founders of this website believe they've found a way to circumvent the laws and I'm thinking that using a foreign dr to sign off on an rx may it.

I'll look into it for you.