Opened can of worms??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yo GabbaPentin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The more probes/exposure of these crooked practices, the better. Hopefully there is also oversight of the insurance commissioners.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We've known this for years. They don't give a flying ---k when they deny treatments. They're doing for no reason other than to save money!
Of course we've known it. But maybe some public acknowledgement/shaming will help. Or maybe even open a "#metoo" like can of worms leading to further investigations of these corrupt insurance companies.

at the very least, I can specifically point to this situation to my patients, many of whom I have told them that this practice is why their treatments get denied.

I don’t know if all patients see it as the insurance company fault.

I see it all the time with prior auths that patients will say
“I spoke to the insurance company and they said they will approve xxxx if you will just fill out their forms and call them and explain why it is necessary.”

This is seen as part of our job, totally normal for insurance company to request things just to waste time.

The other response is when patients come in thinking they are getting an injection on first visit.
“ no we have to get this approved from your insurance.”

They then get pissed at me! I need the shot today, nobody told me i would have to wait!

I do offer that they can pay cash. And i get the weirdest looks.

So I don’t think insurance companies are getting beat up enough. They actually need more bad press on this issue

Reactions: 5 users
Only way to overcome greedy health insurance companies is public awareness campaigns and class action law suits. The politicians have been bought by these companies on a state and on a national level. They have consolidated their powers and have weakened doctors and have literally killed patients--all in the name of greed and corporate profits. Enough is enough.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile