Opening an Independent Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STAR3URY

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone here owns an independent pharmacy. Now that I have some time off from school, I wanted to read up about independent pharmacy and how things work. I was thinking about getting a job at an Independent pharmacy this summer, but unfortunately I have to work a lot of hours in CVS. Either way, does anyone know any books that I can read about how things are run at an independent pharmacy from a business perspective.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Checkout the NCPA subforum - it has a lot of information pertaining to opening and/or running an independent.

You can also seek out Doctor M - he is a regular forum contributer who owns and operates an independent in Florida.

As for books - I know the NCPA has a monthly/quarterly magazine - and they would likely have other resources for you to peruse.

Checkout the NCPA subforum - it has a lot of information pertaining to opening and/or running an independent.

You can also seek out Doctor M - he is a regular forum contributer who owns and operates an independent in Florida.

As for books - I know the NCPA has a monthly/quarterly magazine - and they would likely have other resources for you to peruse.

Thank you very much for a quick reply and help =D