opinion asap pls! formal or casual clothes to an open house?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i need to know what you think is appropriate to wear to an open house where you will meet admissions director / dean? should I dress up or is casual but clean good enough? it's tomorrow, and I can't decide. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

mlle said:
hey guys,
i need to know what you guys think is appropriate to wear to an open house where you will meet admissions director / dean? should I dress up or is casual but clean good enough? it's tomorrow, and I can't decide. thanks.

I'd go with khakis, a blazer, and a button down shirt with a tie. A suit is too formal and anything less is unprofessional.

and i'm a girl.

Members don't see this ad :)
mlle said:
and i'm a girl.

My mistake...in retrospect, the cute dancing cartoon avatar should have given away your gender. I think in light of this new information, a blazer/khakis/button down shirt+tie might not be a good idea.

mlle said:
hey guys,
i need to know what you think is appropriate to wear to an open house where you will meet admissions director / dean? should I dress up or is casual but clean good enough? it's tomorrow, and I can't decide. thanks.
Just don't wear jeans and/or white sneakers.

Oh, and no shirts that say "Jesus Sucks." :thumbdown:

HermeytheElf said:
My mistake...in retrospect, the cute dancing cartoon avatar should have given away your gender. I think in light of this new information, a blazer/khakis/button down shirt+tie might not be a good idea.

And let us not be sexist. Sorry, just bored at 2 in the morning-ish.